PDA

View Full Version : Kozyra didn't last long

LifelongChiefsFan
10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
He seemed to play decent defense for Spokane this year, but with 8 defensemen I guess he was the odd man out. So essentially, the Chiefs traded their 6th round pick in next year's draft for the Hat's 5th round pick. Good old Speltz :spineyes:

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=7815

Tigers Obtain Defenseman from Spokane
Created: Oct 25, 2007
Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers this afternoon announced the acquisition of 18-year-old defenseman Patrick Kozyra from the Spokane Chiefs.

The Tigers will give up their fifth round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft in getting Kozyra.

Kozyra spend the 2005-06 season with the Red Deer Rebels before being traded to the Spokane Chiefs prior to this season. The 6' 2", 197 lbs defenseman hails from Sherwood Park, AB where he played his minor hockey at the AAA level in both bantam and midget major leagues. He was originally drafted by the Rebels in the 2004 WHL Bantam Draft in the fourth round, 76th overall.

"We're excited to get Pat in," said Tigers' gm/head coach Willie Desjardins. "He's a good player who has experience in our league. He gives us real good depth on defense. Right now, we're playing with seven guys and injuries come along you can certainly find yourself short on D. We are looking forward to having Pat in our line up in Cranbrook tomorrow night," stated Desjardins.

cranky
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
for him to compete against........spoke's d may be young but they're playing quite well at present.
falk getting straightened out has helped immensely.
i'm wondering if they let the wrong 18 yo dman newcomer go ?

brawler21
10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
COUGH COUGH....did i just hear falk coming around????? preaching gone well eh? lmfao

hes comeback nicely.....

cranky
10-26-2007, 06:43 AM
yes you heard it........as young as the D is, they need him to be on his game.....remember his first year in the spoke? the last kid you wanted to see on the ice.....imo last years most valuable Chief.

Jimmypop316
10-26-2007, 02:11 PM
watching him the past two years and comparing him to his first is like night and day, his game has gotten so much better.

90-91
11-03-2007, 06:47 PM
watching him the past two years and comparing him to his first is like night and day, his game has gotten so much better.

I honestly thought the Chiefs D would be their weak point this year........How wrong I was.

I'm not sure that Reddington, Spurgeon, & Cowen ould have played any better so far this season.

Falk has come around after his sluggish start.

I still think another vet on the blueline wouldn't hurt though.

LinkGaetzFan
11-07-2007, 07:52 PM
The team's passing seems much more accurate and deliberate this season as well.