PDA

View Full Version : Dean Clark's Take On The Gauthier/White Trade

Knuckle Chucker
10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
From Kamloopsthisweek.com:

This week also saw the Blazers acquire a new defenceman, 20-year-old Mike Gauthier, who came to Kamloops from Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for 20-year-old defenceman Ryan White.

“We needed to add a guy that’s tough to play against,” said Clark.

“Whitey was effective, but in our estimation, he just wasn’t that hard to play against.”

Gauthier hails from North Vancouver.

The six-foot-three, 202-pounder has 246 WHL games under his belt, in which he has tallied 13 goals, 33 assists and 703 penalty minutes.

He was the first pick, third overall, for the Raiders in the 2002 WHL Bantam Draft and was a sixth-round selection of the St. Louis Blues in the 2005 NHL Amateur Draft.

“White wasn’t physical in his play,” said Clark. “This guy is. He makes our defence harder to play against and that’s a dimension we wanted to add.”

:burningma :dead: :dead: :dead:

Looks like one Clark hosed another Clark.....only time will tell which is which.

Five Hole
10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Regardless of how White works out, it's pretty clear which Clark has the smarts of a sack of hammers...

when you lose Gauthier, Vann, Flatters and Palazzo and get a whole lot of not much of anything (especially toughness) in return, it's pretty safe to say the Raiders are left with a defence that couldn't strike fear in the hearts of anybody in this league...

I realize toughness isn't the be all , end all... but we haven't got ANY, at all...

... no doubt old Donnie is pretty confident he's got this all figgered out Boogaard'd

... wonder if he'll still think he done good next year when Bruno ends up being coach and GM ;)

eye4aneye
10-28-2007, 04:29 PM
I dispatched some friends to see the game in regina. Guess White, despite his size is quite smooth on the point and ...guess what can make a pass!...something that gauthier sometimes couldn't do. ya we lose a tough guy, who sometime has confidence and sometimes looks like a lost rookie. But if White can get the puck on net and make passes....right there that is a bonus and hopefully the forwards can bury it. He made few mistakes, and didn't look out of place. Cameron looked really good too. I think we won in the Flatters trade just for the fact we can get this guy for a couple of years. Perhaps with these 2 coming from teams of discipline will make things easier on Bruno to instill what his goals are. remember everyone, we got to give Bruno a chance to fix what Anholdt didn't do, develop young guys.

Clark should have gotten Peter to his new career faster...

I still shake my head, opposing team calls a time out and Peter has his arms crossed leaning against the glass not saying a word.....what hell was that about? Mr. Congeniality walking around the rink, Boogaard'd Sheesh Peter Anholdt for a guy that had that many games under his belt he sure didn't give a crap about his job, or the kids. C O A C H I N G, sharing valuable experience and methods to help others improve.....? Anholdt Dictionary : C O A C H I N G screaming til I am blue in the face and letting the zoo run wild. UHHH where was manson in all of this? Oh ya he doesn't travel...pffft

I wonder why Peter isn't coaching in the dub now.... Boogaard'd haha Pete, you need a reference buddy and none of his players will give him one ...BAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHA :groovy:

Brandonite
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Judging from what Dean Clark said, it doesnt say a whole lot for those P.A. fans out there getting Ryan White from Kamloops. Obviously a coach in that position is going to say that but he is right to a degree. Gauthier is a tough customer but really only brings toughness to the table. Interesting to see how White can do in P.A. with obviously some sort of pressure with people apparently loving Gauthier in P.A.. It said that White came into the league at age 18, where was he playing before that to come into the league at such a high age??

eye4aneye
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Judging from what Dean Clark said, it doesnt say a whole lot for those P.A. fans out there getting Ryan White from Kamloops. Obviously a coach in that position is going to say that but he is right to a degree. Gauthier is a tough customer but really only brings toughness to the table. Interesting to see how White can do in P.A. with obviously some sort of pressure with people apparently loving Gauthier in P.A.. It said that White came into the league at age 18, where was he playing before that to come into the league at such a high age??
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2004-05 Fort McMurray Oil Barons AJHL 52 0 4 4 25
2005-06 Kamloops Blazers WHL 40 0 3 3 13 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Kamloops Blazers WHL 69 5 13 18 47 4 1 1 2 0
2007-08 Kamloops Blazers* WHL 12 0 6 6 2
2007-08 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 2 0 2 2 0

:thumb:

eye4aneye
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
From Kamloopsthisweek.com:

This week also saw the Blazers acquire a new defenceman, 20-year-old Mike Gauthier, who came to Kamloops from Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for 20-year-old defenceman Ryan White.

“We needed to add a guy that’s tough to play against,” said Clark.

“Whitey was effective, but in our estimation, he just wasn’t that hard to play against.”

Gauthier hails from North Vancouver.

The six-foot-three, 202-pounder has 246 WHL games under his belt, in which he has tallied 13 goals, 33 assists and 703 penalty minutes.

He was the first pick, third overall, for the Raiders in the 2002 WHL Bantam Draft and was a sixth-round selection of the St. Louis Blues in the 2005 NHL Amateur Draft.

“White wasn’t physical in his play,” said Clark. “This guy is. He makes our defence harder to play against and that’s a dimension we wanted to add.”

:burningma :dead: :dead: :dead:

Looks like one Clark hosed another Clark.....only time will tell which is which.

Does Dean Clark have aspirations in politics? Boogaard'd

Brandonite
10-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Does Dean Clark have aspirations in politics? Boogaard'd

Dean Clark is awesome! One of the best coaches Brandon has seen thats for sure despite the fact he wasn't hear that long and a strong pick for ONE OF the best coaches in the WHL. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten the chance to coach pro somewhere even as an assistant. Either way, he's done well for himself

eye4aneye
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Dean Clark is awesome! One of the best coaches Brandon has seen thats for sure despite the fact he wasn't hear that long and a strong pick for ONE OF the best coaches in the WHL. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten the chance to coach pro somewhere even as an assistant. Either way, he's done well for himself

And why isn't he there anymore? Mccrimmon the tyrant? :) My point is that quote says alot of....nothing/ the obvious kinda like a politician.

Brandonite
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
And why isn't he there anymore? Mccrimmon the tyrant? :) My point is that quote says alot of....nothing/ the obvious kinda like a politician.

Coaches move on and I don't know what the deal with Clark & McCrimmon was but Clark was well liked when he was in Brandon.

Triton
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM

Dean Clark walked away from the W'kings because his wife was giving birth and was being born out in B.C. Before you open your stupid mouth, think.

eye4aneye
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks for the update on babyville...was it a boy or a girl? AND Trition I have seen some of your opinions!!! pbj

Brandonite
10-31-2007, 05:44 AM
thanks for the update on babyville...was it a boy or a girl? AND Trition I have seen some of your opinions!!! pbj

I don't see how you can lip Dean Clark in any way. If I'm not mistaken your a P.A. Raiders fan and Dean Clark has taken his teams further that P.A. has made it in the past 5 years atleast! He hasn't won a championship which is obviously the biggest thing but he is still a great coach. Like I said he was well liked in Brandon and the players had no problems with him, I know that! If the guy left the team on good terms for the sake of his family dont rip the guy! Have some sort of respect for the man!

Dwight Schrute
10-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't see how you can lip Dean Clark in any way. If I'm not mistaken your a P.A. Raiders fan and Dean Clark has taken his teams further that P.A. has made it in the past 5 years atleast! He hasn't won a championship which is obviously the biggest thing but he is still a great coach. Like I said he was well liked in Brandon and the players had no problems with him, I know that! If the guy left the team on good terms for the sake of his family dont rip the guy! Have some sort of respect for the man!
i think its a job for the mods, not a wheatie fan to say what not to post. especially on the raider forum

Brandonite
10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
i think its a job for the mods, not a wheatie fan to say what not to post. especially on the raider forum

I don't care what forum its on....its an opinion that I am going to say whether or not its on a wheat king forum or Raiders forum. I dont care what anyone posts, it doesnt bother me at all. Half the people on here probably dont agree with me but I could care less literally....

hobster
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
You could be banned then, cause iv got banned before for saying things that weren't even as bad as that at all. Thats more of a personall attack than anything else, keep it too hockey is what i sugest.

whlhockeyfan13
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Can we drop this thread please. It is getting tiring and old fast!

Brandonite
10-31-2007, 09:23 PM
You could be banned then, cause iv got banned before for saying things that weren't even as bad as that at all. Thats more of a personall attack than anything else, keep it too hockey is what i sugest.

How is that a personal attack?? Im sticking up for Dean Clark and praising the guy and in no way took an attack at anyone!! I simply said that I dont care what other people post, its all your own opinion just as I post my opinion! I sure don't see where the personal attack towards anyone came from!!

eye4aneye
10-31-2007, 09:49 PM
if you read through some of the threads there are personal attacks made all the time. On various people at various levels of hockey. It is human nature to a degree. Anyways, what happened to the raiders last night? :(

Triton
11-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Dont be suprised if there is a trade announced in the morning......

What are you hearing?

hobster
11-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe 19 year old foward Kyle Bailey from kootenay, something like that the Raiders could use.

Triton
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Please be Depape to Brandon.