PDA

View Full Version : gonna be sick

wango tango
10-27-2007, 11:51 AM
my family has been season ticket holders for years, my dad would take me to the old barn, and i am going to continue to come out and cheer on the team because i love hockey, i enjoy watching future nhlers, and think this is a pretty high level of hockey we get to see.

i lost my blue colored glasses long ago, consider myself a diehard fan, but my heart where it concerns this team has sunk to a new low. i am questioning my hockey faith. and if this is how i feel i can't imagine how the players feel!

if there are 1,000 people at the next home game i'll be surprised. it's halloween, and the team is struggling, not a good atmosphere for the guys to get back on the winning track.

i hope the brodsky family and blades management does some serious and deep soul searching. i hear the talk about bidding for the 2010 memorial cup. to get it this team has to show it is capable of playing at that level. time to take out all the stops and do whatever is necessary to get the blades ready.

junior hockey fans in saskatoon have suffered too long. this is a franchise that has come within one goal of winning the memorial cup, i remember the amazing hockey of the early 90's and the league finals against the blazers, since then this team has been lucky to get to the second round.

i will try and keep the faith, i will cheer loud, i'm just getting fed up.

Trav
10-27-2007, 12:19 PM
The Blades better do something or else their fan support will dwindle this year if it hasn't already. There better be changes made to. If players are not going to give a full effort every game, they should be toast and it doesnt matter how highly touted they are.

I'm also tired of the Blades barely making the playoffs or only getting to the 2nd round before losing as well.

Look at the Hitmen, the Tigers, the Giants, they're able to build solid teams pretty much every year. Look at Ryan White, a forth round bantam pick, now a top NHL prospect and a top player in the WHL. Also look at Tyler Ennis, the guy wasn't even drafted I don't think and he's one of the best players in the league. I'd take him over any of the current Blades any day of the week.

If other WHL teams can be competitive every year, there's no reason why the Blades cant. If the other teams scouts are better, then the Blades better find better scouts then the other teams.

The Blades organization better wake up and do something NOW!!!

howley
10-27-2007, 12:39 PM
just a bad skid possibly. I am not defending them by any means but every team goes through slumps. It's not as though the Blades were predicted to be at the top of the east. For the most part people had them placed pretty much where they are now. I guess it just hurts a little more when it actually is happening. They played some pretty tough teams out on the road. I have to admit a loss to Portland is a bit gross though. The rebuilding process is just that, a process. No one can say "and it's been going on for 10 years." If I remember correctly it was only a couple years ago when the Blades geared up to make a run, trading a great young goalie prospect in Armstrong and defensive prospect in Crowley (still shake my head at that one.) I beleive that was only two years ago. Majority of the players from that team moved one, Barnes, Seto, Rabbit, Klassen, Price, Shultz, Logan, Cole (all guys aquired during that season or guys who were here. ) I'm sure I'm missing a few. Two years ago they tried to make a run, and the wheel of jr hockey success is proving true. After you make a run, you rebuild. Unless your one of the aforementioned teams (tigs, giants, hitmen). The Blades are built to win next year and the next year and the next year. This year...I guess it's character building and hopefully the lessons learned from this year carry this team well into the future and I'm sure they will.

That's my rant, I'm at the rink right now watching my umpteenth hockey game of the day and it's only 12:30. A little bored...I may even reply to my own post later on...

Trav
10-27-2007, 02:58 PM
everyone keeps on saying that "Oh, it'll be next year". The Blades say that, the fans say that. "It's going to be our year" Well, I'm tired of hearing that. People also say "Oh we were one goal away from winning the Memoiral Cup" Geez, that was like 20 yrs ago and since then the Blades have only came close to going to the Memorial Cup like two-three times?

I'll say this now, if next year the Blades arent one of the top teams and I mean, they at least have to make the division finals then something major should be done. It shouldn't take this year to build a contending team.