PDA

View Full Version : Cameron shining for PA

Jaybird
10-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Dustin Cameron had a goal and two helpers and was a +4 in PA's game versus Regina Saturday nite........What is the real problem with the Blades? I just don't think it is the players not having heart, they have lots of heart and talent. I don't want to bash the coaching and management......any thoughts that could really turn this team around??

howley
10-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I hope no one ever questioned Cameron's heart. If they have then they have never seen him play. I think D.C has more offensive talent then he was given credit for in S'toon. I still think PA walks away winners in that trade.

Trav
10-28-2007, 05:51 AM
when they're put on te same line with two players like McDonald and Robertson.

hobster
10-28-2007, 08:40 AM
We needed John Flatters on defence badlly, he has easilly been the best defensive Blade since coming over he is steady as a rock, and cameron there was just no room for him on our top 2 lines.

westbeach55
10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
when they're put on te same line with two players like McDonald and Robertson.

Dustin Cameron has played on several different lines this year with the raiders as the raiders having been looking for offence moving around players

bladesfan25
10-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Dustin Cameron has finally been able to play his game with the Raiders. They gave him the chance the Blades never did. He's playing centre on the first line, and doing well! With the Blades, he could only be a left winger, and now, wow hes awesome! Just takes someone to believe in you and give you the opportunities to play!

hobster
10-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Kirk Bleyk Wlaker Wintoneak or even Jordan Braid would be dong the same thing in PA if playing on there top line cameron is a so so player

howley
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=8022

hobster
11-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Thats what you get when your playing with Mcdonald and Robertson i guess. Kirk Belylk might be putting up the same numbers if given that chance.

Dwight Schrute
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
hows flatters doing ? sounds like a good trade for both teams

TheSnowman
11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I would have made that trade for Flatters' locker room presence alone (not picking on Cameron, could have been just about anyone really). I'm still surprised the Raiders got rid of him considering the issues that were (are?) there this year.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-18-2007, 01:35 PM
hows flatters doing ? sounds like a good trade for both teams
He has been playing well..... until he was suspended on FRI NOV 16th VS the Hurricanes,he will miss two games until League reviews the situation and if the league thinks that a longer suspension is needed for Flatters,then it will most likely be given to him. Anyways he has certainly helped out the Blades defence even more now that Jyri Neimi is still out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the Blades get both Flatters and Neimi back I think the Blades will start winning consistantly again.

eye4aneye
11-18-2007, 01:59 PM
cammeron is the best player on the ice for us most nights
yes I think it was a win win for both teams..I don't think either fan group is sad with the results of the trade.

howley
11-18-2007, 02:17 PM
He has been playing well..... until he was suspended on FRI NOV 16th VS the Hurricanes,he will miss two games until League reviews the situation and if the league thinks that a longer suspension is needed for Flatters,then it will most likely be given to him. Anyways he has certainly helped out the Blades defence even more now that Jyri Neimi is still out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the Blades get both Flatters and Neimi back I think the Blades will start winning consistantly again.

I just don't think two players are going to turn it around. I also question the "consistantly again" and when the "again" part is referring to? I am abit out of the loop I know but I don't think they have won consistantly at all this season.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I just don't think two players are going to turn it around. I also question the "consistantly again" and when the "again" part is referring to? I am abit out of the loop I know but I don't think they have won consistantly at all this season.
Ok yes well I ment winning at home,when they went 7-2 at home,but in order to win consistantly they have to win at home and on the road as well. I think getting Flatters and Neimi back in the line-up will certainly help don't you agree?

howley
11-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh I don't doubt you on that. It will definitely help. I haven't seen Niemi play but I've heard nothing but great things...at 17 no less. I've seen Flatters play half a game (this season). I was impressed, I had pretty low expectations though. It will help getting them back but the game on Friday...the only game I've seen this year...it seemed like something was missing. I don't know. I think they have the talent to turn it around, it's just putting the puzzle together that seems to be taking awhile.

I have started to hear some grumblings about Hulak as well (not necessarily on this board)...I think we all need to take a step back and remember what this 18 year old kid has gone through in the past year. Being traded is hard enough...being traded because your mom is dying...then having her pass away through the summer. I don't think she passed away more than 6 months ago. Anyone that has grieved the loss of someone close to them knows it takes alot longer than 6 months. You can't tell me it doesn't affect his game. No he's not skating down the ice thinking about it...but when he is laying in bed at night, working out, etc. My mom is also going through cancer treatments at the moment and I know the toll it takes on your emotions and how often it's on your mind. Having your mind stuck on one thing so often affects every aspect of your life in some way. Anyways, just thought I'd stick up for him a bit and maybe remind some folks of the road he's been on.

Trav
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
he's been on a tough road and I dont mean to be to critical of his play but it is kinda frusturating when u see a player and Hulak isnt the only one that does this on the Blades, when they be lazy and dont make a play that they could've made. He's in a slump right now as is the whole team and hopefully they can settle down, regroup and come out and play a solid team game next game.