PDA

View Full Version : Playoff format

Sput
03-18-2005, 12:31 PM
I have read a lot, way to much actually, on the arguements for the tiebreaker system for first and second. I DO NOT want to go there for that arguement as to much has been said already. My question is, why is the format different for the last playoff spot? To determine first/second, who are in the playoffs regardless, it goes total points, then total wins. To determine the last playoff spot, it goes total points, then if tied the team with more wins hosts a one game playoff. Why the difference? Why should the team with more wins have to play sudden death to make it in?

What is your thoughts on this? I do not want to get into the first/second pissing match that is going on in other team boards. This is the format for the last spot only. Talk about 1st/2nd, I'll edit or delete it. Fair enough warning? Thanks. :thumb:

Jovorock
03-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Ya if the Cougs and Blazers are tied then a sudden death game will be played, kind of weird but at least the rules are said before? Some of the suspensions this league does don't make much sense, neither does some of their rules. I guess go with the flow and drink lots?