PDA

View Full Version : Lucic officially gone (Giants removed him from their WHL roster and Boston commits)

N.W. Bruin
10-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Here is the Vancouver Province article

Lucic will stay up
News Services
Published: Sunday, October 28, 2007
BOSTON -- It's official -- Milan Lucic will remain in Beantown.

Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced Friday that the rookie left wing will remain with the team, ending speculation Lucic will be returned to Vancouver Giants for the rest of the season.

"I talked to Milan and I told him he would be with the team for the rest of the year," said Chiarelli. "I told him to get a place (to live). He was elated."

A second-round pick in 2006, Lucic has one goal and an assist in nine games thus far. "I think he's shown us enough to allow him to stay," said Bruins coach Claude Julien.

GIANTS 4 WARRIORS 3 OT

Machacek solves Perricone in OT

Moose Jaw goalie Joey Perricone nearly stole show, but Vancouver Giants captain Spencer Machacek scored in overtime to lift the home team to a 4-3 win over the visiting Warriors Friday night at the Pacific Coliseum. Perricone kept his team in the game, facing a Giants-record 57 shots.

COUGARS 5 BRUINS 3

Chilliwack falters, Moller on a tear

PRINCE GEORGE -- The Prince George Cougars got two goals from Alex Poulter and Greg Gardner added three assists in a 5-3 victory over the visiting Chilliwack Bruins Friday night. Oscar Moller scored twice for the Bruins in a losing cause and has now scored nine goals in his last four games.

© The Vancouver Province 2007