PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs OilKings

Hitmen1
10-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Hopefully the boys can find the back of the net several times this afternoon. The game is on the radio today. GO HITMEN!

Oil Kings at Calgary (http://hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Hitmen1
10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Another game where goaltending kills us, we made a backup look like an allstar again as well :burningma

Unreal finish to the game though, down 3-1 with under a minute to go, the Hitmen score twice to tie the game but the O'Kings score with just over a second left to win 4-3. Kisio better get his tenders in gear or go find a better goalie for this team.

Bocephus
10-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Unbelievably ending. Kisio must be fuming. The Edmonton coach for that matter as well.

RunTheGoalie
10-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Kisio had better be fuming, it's his own incompetence that is doing us in.

This entire homestand was dominated by very poor decision making by this team, and no effort to change. Seriously, how many times do we have to have a guy coming up the wing, then attempt a soft pass between the circles to a guy who is in double coverage that fails 99% of the time? How many times do we have to screw up odd man rushes by trying one or two extra passes?

This team is spending way too much time trying to be cute, and not nearly enough playing hard nosed hockey. How did our comeback happen? We drove the puck on net adn went looking for rebounds. That is what we should be doing all the time. Enough with the skills competition garbage.

Not really related to the loss, but what the heck happened with Agar today? Was he trying to challenge Savage as worst ref in the league? Oy...

Hitmen1
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah it sure sounded like the ref was brutal. They better start finding ways to correcting some of these mistakes rather than staying the same. The finish has disappeared as well. And can someone explain to me why Ryan White is playing with Carson Mac and Bortis?

Post Game (http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/10/29/4613952-sun.html)

RunTheGoalie
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, his nice shot on the first goal aside, White has not been very good lately. He took a very lazy hooking penalty in the first behind Edmonton's net.

Agar is a young ref, I think (and this was the first time I've ever seen Bonnett), so I expect much of the problems were the result of an adjustment period for them as well. The phantom elbow call against Gillen that led to Edmonton's second goal was frustrating. What got me though, was after our interference penalty in the third, where the Edmonton player simply lost an edge, Agar chose to call Calgary for unsportsmanlike for complaining. Following that, he stayed as far away from the Hitmen bench as possible. Even when Kisio sent Bonnett over to ask him to come over and talk, Agar stayed away. He spent the rest of the game in the end zones on the far side of the rink. Agar is going to have to learn how to deal with teams when they are upset if he hopes to have a future beyond the WHL as a referee.