PDA

View Full Version : 2-2-0-1

dagley
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
5 out of a possible 10 points, better than previous road trips since 2001 when they went 5-0-0-1. Big win in Portland/Seattle back-to-back, wish they wouldn't have messed up in Tri-Cities like they did. 22 hour bus ride home for 3 games in 3 nights against Swift Current, Moose Jaw then out in Regina.

booboo
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I had the idea that the teams in the US division were really strong other than Portland, but I have changed my mind for the Wheaties should have won at least one more game(Tri Cities) and were ahead in the Everett game also. I was thinking that the team needed to make some player changes, but I don't think so. One thing about this years team is there have been no serious injuries yet which makes personnel decisions easier.

Brandonite
10-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I had the idea that the teams in the US division were really strong other than Portland, but I have changed my mind for the Wheaties should have won at least one more game(Tri Cities) and were ahead in the Everett game also. I was thinking that the team needed to make some player changes, but I don't think so. One thing about this years team is there have been no serious injuries yet which makes personnel decisions easier.

Yeah whats with Portland once again? I bet their fans are real happy considering after last season they had a private press conference for all fans and season ticket holders assuring them that they would be a much better team this year. Well 1-8 or whatever their record is isn't exactly a better start!

dagley
10-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Portland just doesn't draft well, case in point Thomas Frazee (traded to Medicine Hat in the off-season)

Triton
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Seattle, Washington -- The Brandon Wheat Kings completed their annual west coast road trip Sunday night with an impressive 5-2 victory over the Thunderbirds in Seattle.

Daniel Bartek, Jay Fehr and 16-year old rookie Brayden Schenn - in a span of just over three minutes - scored in the final period for the Wheat Kings, who outshot Seattle 16-6 in the third period and 35-32 overall.

Rookie Matt Calvert and veteran Andrew Clark also scored for the Wheat Kings, who improved their overall record to 9-6-0-1, good for 19 points.

The victory, Brandon's second in as many nights, allowed the Wheat Kings to complete their 5-game U.S. west coast road trip with a .500 record at 2-2-0-1.

The Wheat Kings, who return home to face Swift Current and Moose Jaw on Friday and Saturday nights, currently sit in fourth place in the WHL's Eastern Division - one point behind Warriors. With Sunday's win, the Wheat Kings also pulled to within three points of the second place Broncos and to within five of first place Regina.

Individually, 20-year old Tyler Dittmer led Brandon in scoring out west with four goals and six points, giving him twelve goals and 22 points on the season, 4th best in the WHL. Others that averaged at least a point per game on the grueling 5-game in six night tour were Calvert (2-3-5) and Matt Lowry (1-4-5). Meanwhile Schenn, the club's first round pick in the 2006 WHL bantam draft, had two goals and four points.

Triton
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
We could have easily been 4-1 on this trip. I thought we deserved a better fate in Spokane and TC. Hopefully we can have a big weekend against some of the leagues better teams in SC, MJ and Regina. This weekend could be huge in moving up in the standings.