PDA

View Full Version : WEISE Back In On Tuesday...

Big Ern
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Broncos' forward Dale Weise is set to make his return to the line-up this Tuesday night, when the Broncos host the Pats.

Being out of the picture for seven games now, the Broncos seem to have learned to make do without Dale, going 4-2-0-1 in that stretch.

However, Weise was clearly dominant up until the injury. He scored five goals in five games, including two game winners. It was obvious that he showed great leadership, and was a very dangerous player on the ice.

To have a great team already, and get Weise back in to the picture, will bode really well. All of a sudden, another exclamation point gets attached on to the Broncos' list of forwards.

After chatting with #23 tonight, I sensed that he can hardly wait to get back in the line-up. Weise is tremendously excited and says he will continue the play he started with; "perhaps even better." He wants to come up huge against Regina on Tuesday.

I can't wait for Tuesday night!

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

bronco rep
10-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Thats great news. Just another weapon the Queen city kids have to put up with. Any news on Wudrick if he is a go Tues? Man its going to feel like a playoff game at the IPLEX tues. Fans get your tickets & lets cheer this team on to victory. Ern i look forward to all your post game comments, you are doing a great job!!!! applause

Broncs in RD
10-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Hey Rep cheer hard on Tuesday the queen city boys won't know what hit them and all the critics will be put to rest now that we will have all our lines rolling and back together(-Wudrick?).Two potent lines and a rookie line that does not look out of place at all. I don't think Dean is done assembling this team this year, I think there will be one more move to solidify our backend. I have to hand it to Dean he took this team and made it his and did one hell of a job cleaning up that Mcewan mess.
Why the heck did Nash go to Cornell, I thought the Edmonton Oilers would of pushed him to go to the DUB imagine him on this Bronco team......YIKES!!! even though we are a small market he would of been in the lime light a whole heck of a lot more rather than playing for a American university really only know for it's Law program. I could see if he would have went to the UND, Michigan, Boston College, Minnesota, Denver, Maine but Cornell?

penman
10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Hopefully every one is back playing on Tues. Lets hear what the lines will be and add in your reasons why you thinkl each player is with that line. Everyone hopes they have there hand on the pulse of the coaching staff or they think they do, even if you dont agree with the coaches most of the time lets hear your predictions.In order to win the big prize you must have your predictions in before the boys practise tommorrow[tuesday.] Lets hear them boys .

penman
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I just heard that Jordie is still not up to Par so exclude him from your list and if by some miracle he plays well that is good for our team we all hope our players stay healthy and injury free.

CrazyGeorge
10-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I am basing my comments on the fact that we have a full squad. I'd like to se Eakin and Felde play on a line. With their speed, that could make for some nice hockey. I say this but the current lineups we see lines that compliment each other with elemtns of size, speed, grits, and offensive touch. Players that compliment each other make for great lines. I will comment on each line and why I think it is successful...

Line 1 (Felde / Smith / Dansereau )

This line has elements of speed (Felde and Smith) to go along with a strong scoring touch in Dansereau. With elements of speed, size, and grit this line has showed why it can match up with any in the leauge.

Line 2 (Wudrick / Nelson / Weise)

This line doesn't have the speed element as much as line 1 but with the size and offensive touches that Wudrick and Weise bring, it opens things up for Nelson. Nelson has added a bit grit to his game this season which in turn has helped out his line mates. This line could arguably be the top line as well in my opinion.

Line 3 "The Kid Line" (Hoban / Eakin / Brown)

This line has been rather consistent for the most part this season. Eakin's speed together with Hoban's play making and Brown's grit makes for a great line this year and for years to come. Eakin/Hoban have been out as a consistent PK pairing as well. This line could be labeled a defensive line but clearly as we have seen so far this season, they have some offensive punch as well.

Line 4 (Delacky / Steiler / ???)

I really don't know who completes this line but this 'fourth line" has talent on it's line that provides solid defensive contributions, elements of speed and offensive touch.

I'm not going to bother talking about the defensive pairings as they can rotate, switch each game let lone each period. I know I've said it in the past about the need for a "tough guy" and if that was to be added, perhaps on defensive but so far this season and with our potential, maybe I will eat my comments in previous posts about acquring a tough guy (re: Mclaren) and perhaps this team could be a team that matches up to nearly any. Thoughts? Opinions?

Viper40
10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I am just glad I am not the coach, and have to be the one to figure all this out, but it sure would be fun trying a few things.....

Line 1: Felde/Eatkin/Dansereau........dont know, how it would work, but with Eatkin as dynamic a playmaker as he is, I think he would be a nice fit, nothing against Smith

Line 2: Wudrick / Nelson/ Weise .....I think this line is as good as it can get

Line 3: Hoban / Smith / Dowling .... I know that it would be hard to push Smith back to 3rd line, but I think with his experience and grit, he could show these 2 where they need to bring their game up to, not to mention they both show great skill. Dowling lead his league in scoring last year, with Smiths presence on the ice, could open up some room for him and Hoban

Line 4: Delacky / Steiler /Tassone....let this line play some euro hockey flashy offense with someone ( Tassone ) to go in the corners banging and crashing again making room, and causeing some turnovers

Cant say we will see those lines, but I would like to see something like that

CrazyGeorge
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
There are alot of options that Dean can throw out as our lines are concerned. The Kid line (Brown/Eakin/Hoban) have done well, the Smith line (Felde/Smith/Danseraeu) have done well and when healthy the (Wudrick/Nelson/Weise) line have done wonders as well. At one point, (Nelson/Smith/Danseraeu) were together...Dean has a lot of players that can play in a lot of situations so various combinations throughout the game and season are expected. We will go through our ups and we will go through our downs....regardless, we will have two/three solid line and which ever the fourth line is, will provide good production too. Keep it up boys!!

SuckItUp
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Line 3: Hoban / Smith / Dowling ....

Line 4: Delacky / Steiler /Tassone....

Man you gotta like it when kids like Hoban/Dowling/Deleacky/Steiler/Tassone and maybe Eakin are making up your 3rd and 4th lines. We have talent like we havent seen in years. Even when we were one of the top teams we had 1 great and 1 good line. Now we have 2 amazing lines and 2 great lines. You gotta love Bronco hockey this year

CrazyGeorge
10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
That's exactly right...should be a great game tonight against Regina.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
That's exactly right...should be a great game tonight against Regina.
Going to watch this game on the internet, should be good!

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Going to watch this game on the internet, should be good!
Is the commentator on the net a poster on here?

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
What a brutal play by Weise, he just ran right over Rowat, brutal play he didn't even just try to miss the goalie.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Good PK by the Bronco's now

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Pretty fun watching felde skate (unless you're the defenceman he's blowing by!!). He's maybe the fastest skater in our division? Jonkman looks good also.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Mitchell smashed Doyle after Ross cheapshotted Rogers from behind to start the fisticuffs. Elder got paired up with Eakin somehow, but Elder showed a lot of class in not hurting Eakin in the obvious mismatch.
The Pats look frustrated with their lack lustre effort, have to remember that 5 of their wins are against the hapless Raiders.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Now a good scrap between Ofukany and Larochelle, both guys had theor moments but call it a tie

hobster
10-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok we don't need a whole play by play, thats what a game recap is for allrighty.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Now Molle wouldn't fight Hanson so a double minor and a ten minute misconduct to Hanson

10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
i didnt have a chance to catch the game tonight just caught the tail end but from what i can gather tassone was in the starting lineup tonight? but i didnt hear his name once? anyone know what happened or if i read wrong

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Highly entertaining game, the Broncos wisely skated away from the fisticuffs late in the third (I think Teubert had a brain cramp!), they had the game salted away and no need to get too involved. Looking forward to Friday night.

sbtatter
10-30-2007, 09:59 PM
i didnt have a chance to catch the game tonight just caught the tail end but from what i can gather tassone was in the starting lineup tonight? but i didnt hear his name once? anyone know what happened or if i read wrong
Was it Tassone who got hurt late in the second? Accidental hit by regina and they said he hurt his knee

10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Was it Tassone who got hurt late in the second? Accidental hit by regina and they said he hurt his knee

ahhh ok makes sense i figured he got injured

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Good win for the broncos, it seems like they are a hungrier team than the pats, and seemed to want it more. Another 3rd period lapse by the pats....no surprise. Another road loss.... again, no surprise. This is getting cliche.

Our team has so much potential, yet so many flaws. I dont know why we get so lazy, but once again it has bit us in the ass. It will probably happen again too. I bet we are going to end up making a couple more trades before all is said and done, if this keeps up. Oh and we need more than the eberle line to contribute offence. After that line is shut down, we are basically Ofukany, and a bunch of grinders and rookies. When it comes down to it, the broncos are the better team...That is, until we can play like we want to win. I know we are capable of beating teams like the broncos if we play like we want to win.

But just like all of our games, I hope we dont end up realizing that until its "too little, too late".

CrazyGeorge
10-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I understand that one line was (Nelson / Smith / Danseraeu)...what were the other line combo's? Will the lines change much when Wudrick is healthy? Who will he play with?

Flathead
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Mitchell smashed Doyle after Ross cheapshotted Rogers from behind to start the fisticuffs. Elder got paired up with Eakin somehow, but Elder showed a lot of class in not hurting Eakin in the obvious mismatch.
The Pats look frustrated with their lack lustre effort, have to remember that 5 of their wins are against the hapless Raiders.
Ross jumps the smallest rookie on the ice, classy. :spineyes:

sbtatter
10-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Ross jumps the smallest rookie on the ice, classy. :spineyes:
That was cheap, cheap, cheap. As was the whole last ten minutes by the Pats. The play by play guys from the Bronco's on the web tv said it was going to happen, they were correct...

Flathead
10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
That was cheap, cheap, cheap. As was the whole last ten minutes by the Pats. The play by play guys from the Bronco's on the web tv said it was going to happen, they were correct...
If you look at the penalty minutes and shots on goal in the third by the Pats, you get the idea that they had know intention of playing hockey in the third period. Oh well we looked liked the far superior team and it showed on the scoreboard and the standings. Regina's only goal came on the pp, from a horribly weak tripping penalty called by "Macho Man" Savage.