PDA

View Full Version : Disciplinary Sanctions

Tipped Off
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Friesen, Mistlebacher, and Karamnov Were scratches Saturday for disciplinary reasons.

and this came out today...

Eddie Friesen Released
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - It was announced Monday that defenseman Eddie Friesen has been released by the Everett Silvertips due to disciplinary reasons. A 1990-born defenseman from Gladstone, MB, Friesen had appeared in four games without registering a point. He compiled two penalty minutes and a plus-three rating.

old_time_hockey
10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
This kind of smells like missed curfew+showing up to practice late/hungover on a regular basis.

I had a classmate who was playing Junior A and got out of small town northern BC and then went right off the rails. Real shame. Same thing happened to him. Just cut. Bot even traded for a sack of pucks.

Tipped Off
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I think we just have to be careful not to accuse this kid of anything he didn't do. On the other hand, All the boys are at an age where it's time to be responsible for your actions AND who you choose to hang out with and their actions. We've seen hundreds of examples of people who surround themselves with the wrong people go down. Let's hope this gets him back on the right path.

Tipped Off
10-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Tips send Friesen home

By Nick Patterson
Herald Writer

The Everett Silvertips have sent defenseman Eddie Friesen home.

The Silvertips suspended the rookie 17-year-old defenseman from the team Monday, citing disciplinary reasons. He returned to his home in Gladstone, Manitoba.

"We set a standard here that we're trying to maintain," Everett coach John Becanic said. "When guys fall below that standard then you have to act accordingly.

"We're trying to make good hockey players and good people," Becanic added. "Sometimes you have to do some things to make sure they understand what's right and wrong. I think we got that clarified this weekend."

Friesen was one of three players who were left home for disciplinary reasons when the team traveled to Tri-City on Saturday. Becanic did not elaborate on the reasons for the disciplining.

The other two players, center Vitali Karamnov and left wing Jordan Mistelbacher, have been reinstated.

Although Friesen was just suspended, Becanic said he doubted Friesen would be brought back to the team later in the season.

Friesen, a 5-foot-9, 166-pounder, was originally a third-round pick in the 2005 bantam by the Swift Current Broncos. The Tips claimed his rights during the offseason after the Broncos released him from their 50-player protected listed.

Friesen played in four games for Everett, registering no points and two penalty minutes.

Friesen's release leaves Everett with 24 players -- 14 forwards, seven defensemen and three goaltenders. Becanic said there were no plans to fill Friesen's spot on the roster.

whitemudder
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
a wise man once said, 'you can't believe half the lies you read anymore.' :confused:

Tipped Off
10-30-2007, 07:27 PM
...unfortunately the only thing we have to go by is the published reports, so until someone from Friesen's camp wants to go on record publicly to dispute what is said (which will never happen) we have to believe them.

It's always common for two sides to disagree severely in disputes over the exact same situation. But, if only one side talks, that's the side that gets heard.

I don't believe anyone who says anything about a situation unless they attach their REAL name to it. In the Herald article, you have people actually putting their name to the story. From everywhere else all we get are "anonymous" posts and the "that's not what happened" people who have no credit to back it up because they refuse to put their identity on their side of the story.

HAF
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
If Mr. Friesen would like to openly give his explanation of the events that unfolded I would be more than happy to give him the place to explain his side without bieng bashed or called out. He can speak freely and clear the air and the thread will then be locked so this will not be hashed and rehashed at his expense. He can email it to me personally and I will post it into a secure forum right here on whlfans.ca or he can just post it himself,whichever he chooses.
I wish Mr. Friesen all the luck in the world and hopefully this will prove to only be a small speed bump on his road to success.

My email address : whlfans_ca@yahoo.com