PDA

View Full Version : Setoguchi gets 2 for the Sharks tonight

hobster
10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Good too see a former Blade do very well, i have a feeling Setoguchi will be staying up for quit some time.

Big Ern
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Hobs, why did you have to mention that??!! HAHA.

It was frustrating to say the least. The Stars led 2-1 until late in the third, until the two goals happened. Usually, when you're down a goal to my Stars, it's like being down five goals to any other team. Man, did Setoguchi change that tonight. LOL

GRRRRR....

hobster
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry Bg Ern i didn't know the stars were your team haha if anyone is gonna hurt the Stars atleast it was Seto lol

hobster
10-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Not sure how Setoguchi was never able too make the world junior team. Im sure glad that Seto made Brent Sutter eat his words yesterday in getting 2 goals in his first ever nhl game ,take that Sutter.

ProStaff
10-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Sutter is a joke! he would rather take his son over Seto and Seto is 100% better player than Brandon Sutter will ever be!

hobster
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
110 % agreed

howley
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
if he wants to be.....Setoguchi isn't exactly the poster boy for consistency and work ethic

hobster
10-31-2007, 04:41 PM
are you sure you are a Blades fan ? come on who's better in your opinion and be serious Setoguchi or Brandon Sutter ? KIND OF A NO BRAINER !!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
are you sure you are a Blades fan ? come on who's better in your opinion and be serious Setoguchi or Brandon Sutter ? KIND OF A NO BRAINER !!!
Yes he is a Blades fan, he is being honest,because what Howley said is true,and that is probably the reason(s) that Setoguchi did not get selected for the team. I do not think that Setoguchi really cares anymore(he may still) but after all I think he gets the last laugh because after all he is in the NHL. Isn't he? Anyways Congrats to him.

hobster
10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Well i don't think having a extra dinamite goal scorer like Seto on the team is such a bad thing. The only reason why Brandon Sutter made the team is because of his dad was the head coach. I mean look at his numbers not that great at all, if Brent sutter wanted a grinder type player maybe he should have went with a Josh Elder or Walker Wintoneak .

howley
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Every player has their role. Look at Kris Draper on Team Canada, wasn't he picked over Lecavalier (who ended up going because of Yzerman's injury in the end) Of course that Canada team got their asses handed to them, can't say the same about jr team canada. I can't say I was real surprised Seto never made that team. He is to skilled for his own good. He can sit back and not give 100% and still get by. But that work ethic rubs off on other players and that would not fly on a sutter team. It's not as though Brent is picking the team himself. Assistants, scouts, etc all have their say. From the Brent Sutter I've see I don't think he'd be to big of a softy to send his kid home if he didn't fit. It's not as though his kid brought the team down.