PDA

View Full Version : canes lose in s/o

shushu
10-30-2007, 11:24 PM
i thought the canes played pretty well tonight , imo they ran up against a good goalie i the third or thing might have been differant.....also in the shootout it looks to me that boychuck and fadden are trying to hard for the pretty goal, shoot the puck and see what happens............great game to watch though..... GO CANES GO..................

grainbear
10-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Over all it was not a bad game . But the key to any sucess in life is good habits taking over for bad habits. The second period was not a very good performance and once again we had a last minute goal in the previous period allow a team room to steal a point. These habits must be broken if we are to move from an average team to the winners circle. This team plays much better on the road then at home. Please note that the attendence was only 2500 last night and you can say that it was due to halloween tonight but part of it is due to the fact that this team has not dominated at home . This is our next lesson to be learnt and it needs to start now. Here is hoping that come this weekend the don,t look at the standing and view Portland as a much poorer team and bury them like Spokane did the other day. And no 1 point at home is not acceptable

localguy
10-31-2007, 08:15 AM
I too thought it was a good game, and once again we should have won. The boys fell asleep in the second, but that also had a lot to do with all the non-calls. There seems to have been many of those lately that aren;t in favor of us. That said, i thought the checking line was great, good physical game, lots of big hits, and archibald played great for the kings.

Bocephus
10-31-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree with localguy. I thought that we were the better team and our big three were dominant. Archibald was the difference. That is going to happen 5 or 6 times a year when the opposing goaltender is just too good. Getting a point against a goaltender performance like that is a victory for me. Also I thought the refereeing was dreadful. Klien was staring right at the play that Wuchterl was given the double minor on and he called nothing until his linesman helped him with the WRONG call. It was an Oil King stick that clipped his own player. We killed that baby off though. I thought Boychuk was dyn-O-mite last night. Quick, fast and dynamic. Again our young guys played in key roles and didn't look out of place. I think Braes, Orfino, and Iwanski are going to become pretty special in the coming years. Craige had a good game but we only get the single point because of suspect refereeing and a stellar Archibald. We will get the next one.

Caner
10-31-2007, 11:30 AM
It wasn't a bad game but I do think Edmonton was playing not to lose and was just being safe and waiting for a hurricane miscue (that can be boring). The canes should of forced the issue and forechecked Edmonton into the ice/boards (this they didn't do consistantly). Plus, when you have an open net you have to score.