PDA

View Full Version : CHL Rankings

localguy
10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey there tigers fans, how is it that you guys are ranked 10, and the Hitmen are ranked 3? You should be ticked, since you have put up better numbers. I am about the farthest thing form a Tigers fan, but credit should be given when it is due. Congrats on cracking the top ten, it impresses me that with all the talent that leaves the team, you continue to put a great team on the ice year after year. Willy is the man. Here's to you guys.

Bocephus
10-31-2007, 11:42 AM
What is with that Hitmen ranking. I don't even think the Hitmen are top 10 period. How is an 11-5 Hitmen team in a weak division better than an 11-2 Spokane team in a very tough division. The Calgary team has always been the golden franchise in the eyes of the CHL. I don't get it. A few years ago they were ranked first in the CHL preseason and then they posted an average season. I love to see that garden gnome Kisio and his team of "always drafted high" players struggle and never meet expectations.

Tiger Trauma
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm estatic that the tigers have been able to put up these kind of numbers so far however they may be a bit inflated. TO be honest they haven't had a tough schedule, with alot of home dates. However the tigers have taken advantage of it, and that is a very good sign.

I'm little disapointed that we needed to be first in the whl to be able to crack the top ten, but on the other hand I'm happy we have even made it considering the player turn-over of last year.

Beaner
10-31-2007, 06:50 PM
What is with that Hitmen ranking. I don't even think the Hitmen are top 10 period. How is an 11-5 Hitmen team in a weak division better than an 11-2 Spokane team in a very tough division. The Calgary team has always been the golden franchise in the eyes of the CHL. I don't get it. A few years ago they were ranked first in the CHL preseason and then they posted an average season. I love to see that garden gnome Kisio and his team of "always drafted high" players struggle and never meet expectations.

Calgary #3 pfft. They are lucky if they are #3 in the Dub let alone the CHL.

Just proves how much these rankings are worth.

I personally like the Massey Ratings system, although they don't rank the entire CHL. Its far from perfect but at least there is a method to it, which they share with you. Seems to make sense.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=whl

And how they make it work:

http://www.masseyratings.com/theory/massey.htm

Bocephus
10-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Beaner, thanks for that rankings link. I was searching for a WHL ranking list the other day and came up empty handed. Thanks again, very interesting.

old_time_hockey
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Well check out the slide the Hitmen took in the Week 7 standings:

CHL Mosaik MasterCard Top 10 - Week 7
Rank, Team, Record, Last Week, Weeks in Rankings
1, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, (16-5-1-1), 1, 6
2, Kitchener Rangers, (15-2-0-0), 4, 5
3, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, (13-4-1-0), 2, 7
4, Baie-Comeau Drakkar, (14-4-0-2), 8, 5
5, Spokane Chiefs, (13-2-1-2), 9, 2
6, Tri-City Americans, (13-5-0-0), 6, 7
7, Halifax Mooseheads, (12-3-0-4), 7, 5
8, Vancouver Giants, (13-4-1-2), -, 4
9, Calgary Hitmen, (12-7-0-1), 3, 7
10, Windsor Spitfires, (11-5-0-3), 5, 6

3rd to 9th in one week...Ouch

Bocephus
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I still don't understand how the Hitmen are even considered top ten. Maybe it's just me?

bruinsr#1
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
ya really why are they?
vancouver 31 p.......spokane 29 p..........tri city, swift current,medicine hat, and regina 26 p.......... then calgary 25p........and they have played more games then some of the teams just below them in the standings.

Bocephus
11-14-2007, 07:04 PM
The Hitmen are out of the top ten!!! yeehoo