PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something??

witness
10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Has anyone else been reading the SC posters after the game last night? Did I miss the anouncement that the Broncos have become the WHL champs after their win? Did they make it official and hand out the trophy after the game?
Here is the way I look at it:
1. The Broncos are a good team. I would expect that they would be a very tough team to beat at home. Just like the Pats are.
2. The magnificant Broncos managed to win, even though the referee was against them. Did they watch the game? Poor refereeing throughout the game, both sides. Was it the reason for the win or the loss? No. The Pats were outplayed.
3. The Pats sent their tough guys out to pick on their 16 year olds. Get this, they are refering to Ross! A total of 4 (including last night) fighting majors in 3 years. Yep, one of the leagues heavy weights. And he is 18 not 20.
4. Why did the Pats resort to being goons? Yes, the Broncos are totally innocent to any incidents. Blindsiding the Pats best player (Eberle) would draw the ire of any team, let alone a team that was frustrated by their effort in the last two games.
5. They should know what a 20 year old picking a fight with a 16 year old looks like. Remember the preseason game Larochelle coming in and throwing 3 punches at Mitchell before the kid even dropped his gloves. The players remember that sort of stuff and good on Ofukany.
6. I posted this under the Pats heading because let the Broncos and Raiders have their day in the sun. It would appear that other team's fans think that the Pats are the team to beat. I can sit through a few stinkers, like Sat., as long as I don't have to sit through another 15 win season.

SuckItUp
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes you did miss something. The last 10 minutes was a disgrace to the players and more importantly to the team. If you can watch the last part of that game and then try and tell me you are happy with how the players acted.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Those poor Broncos! They were ever-so scared of the Regina onslaught of madness. That roughian teubert wouldnt stop, and Ross the tough macho defenceman toughestguyintheleague hurt one of our players!

Oh the humanity!

PS: go away

SuckItUp
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Some_Arrogant_Jerk]Those poor Broncos! They were ever-so scared of the Regina onslaught of madness. That roughian teubert wouldnt stop, and Ross the tough macho defenceman toughestguyintheleague hurt one of our players!

Oh the humanity!

PS: go away[/QUOTE}

PSS BITE ME!! Free country I will post where and when I like maybe not here but thats ok. Never said those poor Broncos at all. At least they showed Class and turned the other cheek. They were there to play hockey. Pats were there to play Bush League crap. END OF STORY.

dodywood4ever
10-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Pretty funny how long it takes to start a thread after you little boys got ur asses handed to you. You think Elder and Ross vs Eakin and Rogers is not planned? What a bunch of big tough men! And when did ogopogofunbag (whatever this clowns name is) ever drop R.J.? Talk about homers.

Toswammi
10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
To Elders credit, he let up on Eakin (as he should of)

rx16
10-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I am from Swift Current and a Broncos fan and I was at the game last night of course. I have a question for the Pat fans on here that are calling us homers after the goon fest of the last 10 minutes.

My question is this - why did Hunt not put the Eberle line out there for the last 10 minutes of the game, down 5-1 in an effort to try and get back in the game?

My obvious answer would be he is classless and was sending his players out to goon it up.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, looks like we are being boarded....

The hypocrisy in this thread is already astounding. And its Ofukany, not ogopogofunbag. Perhaps you should try reading a name for a couple of seconds, and save yourself some embarrassment. Its not even that hard of a name to read.

and the reason as to Hunt benching the top line. Perhaps to keep them in one piece, things on both sides were getting out of control, not just the pats gooning it up. Either that, or to try and get the rest of the team to muster up some offence. It is getting tiring to see one line do everything.

Flathead
10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
and the reason as to Hunt benching the top line. Perhaps to keep them in one piece, things on both sides were getting out of control, not just the pats gooning it up. Either that, or to try and get the rest of the team to muster up some offence. It is getting tiring to see one line do everything.

With all honesty, both sides were not getting out of control, Regina was getting out of control and if that's Hunts way of mustering up some offense it's know wonder the score was 5-1.
Season series 1 game a piece, should make for some more good hockey between the two clubs throughout the season.

Rocken Rob
10-31-2007, 07:16 PM
1st off I really can't believe that I'm posting on this teams site...To the person that posted about winning the league and handing out the championship trophie...you are right it's very early in the season, but we love our teams and we should.It was a great game in the 1st and 2nd , fast, hard hitting ....GREAT hockey , as for the 3rd ....well...I guess you would have to have been in the rink to see it.
And to all the chatting about who is best??? we have very good teams and I hope we battle hard all year long...It has been some time since your Broncos have pushed for 1st in our division, but take a look at the Pats. mmmmm I guess they made it to the M-Cup last...opps thats right they lost to Calgary in the 1st round and only made because it was in Regina..Yes they did did win the Cup back in 1973 but I would think that may of the people posting on here where not going to may games back then...
Well before we all get to worked up lets just all enjoy the great hockey our teams are playing and I'm looking forward to going to Regina on New Years day for round 3....

CrazyGeorge
10-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Well said...two good teams that will be battling all year.