PDA

View Full Version : goaltenders

cranky
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
don't be surprised to see james reid get a start in goal this weekend :clap:

LifelongChiefsFan
11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd like to see him get a start. Although he has been practicing with the team, he hasn't played in awhile and that has to be disappointing. Hopefully he isn't too rusty and the team gives him a lot of support. The last thing I think anyone would want is to put him in a position where he has to "steal" a game.

I really thought he would get the start in Portland last week, but that obviously didn't work out. I believe I heard that Tokarski will get the start tonight with Army going against Vancouver on Saturday. That would leave Reid for Sunday here in Seattle. It should be interesting. :thumb:

cranky
11-05-2007, 06:37 PM
i've been told reid is a definite keeper, no pun intended.

only thing i can think is he's pushing tik & army REAL hard in practice

if that is the case, it's working....1.87 gaa for tik & 1.98 for army.....

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Who is this Reid kid. Don't you guys have enuff good goaltenders. Since it appears you are set for a run at the Memorial cup and have alot of goalies, who goes? Tokarski or Armstrong? You could get a pretty darn good player for one them if you are short in some area.

cranky
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
to my understanding Reid will battle for a job, again next year.....has been sent to jr a calgary canucks ( i believe ) or calgary royals

to me he was the most impressive goaltender in camp, there were some doubts about one of the returning kids......however they both are off to outstanding starts & the coaching staff couldn't work reid into the mix

good question about possibility of tik or army going at the deadline, i have two thoughts:
....an upper echelon 18 or 19 yo d-man would definitely have to come to spoke..........
.... with the goalie competition gone does the remaining kid fall off a bit ???
the two kids are pushing each other....there is no clearcut number
one, in fact we refer to our goaltender as "tikarmy"

needless to say we are enjoying the hell out of this club & i'm looking forward to this wednesday nite in your barn

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
If any of your goalies get dealt it would likely be Armstrong, large in part to the age factor. Could be involved in that move to put Spokane over the top in the late stages of the year

HomerSimpson
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Knowing Tim Speltz, unless something drastic happens to one of his D-men, we're likely to keep both goaltenders unless the team begins to drop off.

Then too, knowing Tim Speltz, I would drop a dime on Armstrong being dealt back East at the deadline; I was surprised when they sent Reid down. I thought a deal was already in the works for a veteran D. You could definately smell a trade in the air, oddly enough it was Cody Esposito who was dealt away.

cranky
12-04-2007, 06:01 PM
i'm hearing tidbits that a trade very early in the season fell apart because one kid in the deal nixed it......................

reid is definitely in next year's plans......so maybe no deal till late in training camp or very early next season.

re: this years trade deadline imo spokane can be a seller not a buyer.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
i'm hearing tidbits that a trade very early in the season fell apart because one kid in the deal nixed it......................

reid is definitely in next year's plans......so maybe no deal till late in training camp or very early next season.

re: this years trade deadline imo spokane can be a seller not a buyer.

Sell when you are the best team in the league? Maybe stay put but a seller is downgrading in the short term?

cranky
12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
not only am i left-handed but i'm apparently dyslexic....got my seller & buyer backassward in my post

should be a dandy in lethbridge tonite..........

dubnut
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I am surprised you are talking of trading one of your goaltenders. With the successful tandem they have created this year I would think you would want to sit tight. Look what happened to Everett last year when Irving got hurt. Would seem to me that even if one of your tenders got injured late in the season or post season the other one is still primed to carry on. If you are hoping for a Cup run, wouldn't you want to have two experienced goalies in the lineup?

cranky
12-06-2007, 09:12 AM
merely stating what i think they should get in return.

if my memory serves the the broad street bullies won 2 stanley cup with 2 very good goaltenders.

if i had my druthers spoke brings tik , army & reid to camp next fall & the odd man out is moved for that very solid 18 year old rushing D-man.

hobster
12-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Just thought i would let you know that one of your prospect goalies got a goal last night Darcy Kuemper pretty cool punk rock http://www.smaaahl.com/leagues/hockey_boxScores.cfm?clientID=3433&leagueID=9165&gameID=455051&link=SMAAAHL

chiefaholic
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanx Hobster...lol...we might have to use him up front if he's gonna be scoring goals...hehe

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
not only am i left-handed but i'm apparently dyslexic....got my seller & buyer backassward in my post

should be a dandy in lethbridge tonite..........

Was a good game. Not great but entertaining. Was maybe one of our most physical games in awhile. I think the coach probably said these guys are tired and we will try to take the will to win away by hitting them early. You guys probably did not play your "A" game as looked a bit tired. Not to say that since we only won 2-1 you guys would have won if you were not tired. Once we were up 2-0 we went into a defensive shell so the score is not indicative of what might have been if you scored first or something. We certainly played good and controlled every aspect of the game. Too bad we did not see the best of the Chiefs ecasue our team was ready for them. Refs helped you guys out though. May have been the worst reffing I have seen this year. Agar was the ref. Do you guys ever get him?

HomerSimpson
12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
On the Kuemper goal. How did he get credit for it? Did a team put it in their own net? Seems awful early in the period for a goalie to be pulled.

We've never had "Agar" as a ref here...we usually get stuck with that doofus Andy Thiessen...if you've never seen him skate, here's what he looks like: :groovy: . Seems more worried about his hair than the games.

Why can't we get Kyle Rehman or that Rob Matsuoka guy more often? Those refs are awesome.

LifelongChiefsFan
12-07-2007, 03:51 AM
On the Kuemper goal. How did he get credit for it? Did a team put it in their own net? Seems awful early in the period for a goalie to be pulled.

We've never had "Agar" as a ref here...we usually get stuck with that doofus Andy Thiessen...if you've never seen him skate, here's what he looks like: :groovy: . Seems more worried about his hair than the games.

Why can't we get Kyle Rehman or that Rob Matsuoka guy more often? Those refs are awesome.

I'm guessing that the time listed was the time left in the period rather than the time of the goal. :clown:

cranky
12-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Was a good game. Not great but entertaining. Was maybe one of our most physical games in awhile. I think the coach probably said these guys are tired and we will try to take the will to win away by hitting them early. You guys probably did not play your "A" game as looked a bit tired. Not to say that since we only won 2-1 you guys would have won if you were not tired. Once we were up 2-0 we went into a defensive shell so the score is not indicative of what might have been if you scored first or something. We certainly played good and controlled every aspect of the game. Too bad we did not see the best of the Chiefs ecasue our team was ready for them. Refs helped you guys out though. May have been the worst reffing I have seen this year. Agar was the ref. Do you guys ever get him?

i don't remember him....we get a steady diet of thiessen, pat smith, pee wee herman & a few other knobs & my gadfrey is all i'll say......they are bad.....
imo, i don't really care whether an official is good or bad, all i ask is they be consistent...an interference n the first period ought to an interference in the 3rd..... unfortunately i don't remember the refs names that have called very good games, i don't notice them.

i don't know about up your way, but there's a couple linesmen in spokane that have got offside backasswards & i really wonder if they don't think we pay to watch them........LOl