PDA

View Full Version : very quiet tonight!!!!

wardog fan
11-02-2007, 11:46 PM
funny how a pack brandt center sounds so quiet and this forum has been quiet for days... go warriors

Big Ern
11-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh man WARDOG, you sure are a sucker for punishment!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious.

Well, Swift Current trained coach, (LOL) Dave Hunchak has the Warriors rolling, and they are hot right now, that's all I can say.

GO SWIFTY tomorrow against Edmonton.

patsdude114
11-03-2007, 02:09 AM
its pretty sad when the Pats top player on the ice (besides Rowat) is Elder that 4th line of Elder Mitchell and Strueby played every 2nd shift in the 3rd... Hill only had 1 shift in the 3rd.... Gross, Ofukany, Lind, Jagow barely saw any ice in the 3rd at all Hunt rolled pretty well 2 lines in the 3rd period being Kraus, Eberle and McAngus and then Strueby, Mitchell and Elder...

A very poor performance for the pats tonight, we have been seeing this poor efforts too much this season... i personally along with more then a handful of season ticket holders around me believe its cuz of our poor leader with Pyett he plays soft way to much and that carries out through the line up...

I dont believe that the warriors did anything special tonight they just came to compete something the pats need to do more of ya we fired 39 shots but had very few scoring chances on those 39 shots... all in all a pretty routine night for Perricone with 37 saves (i know its hard to say anything is routine for Perricone, and i know warrior fans who would totally agree with me)

I hope the return of Leffler turns a switch on with this team.. cuz we looked very ordinary tonight...its almost like the team sees our record in the paper and think that the game will be handed to them without playing hard and working out there....

Does anyone else feel like Hunt/Perkins do nothing to light that fire in these kids to play with some intensity... we rnt hungary for the puck when we dont have it

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-03-2007, 05:02 AM
It is late, so I will be brief.

I dont really care about this last game anymore, let the warriors enjoy their win. The puck bounced their way the whole game, and thats fine. Win some and lose some....Oh and the refs screwed us too, those guys got away with that a good 4 or 5 dives this game. And 3 of those led to PP goals. The game would have looked alot different if these clowns would call dives, but like I said, this game was almost as meaningless to me as it was to the pat players.

(It is probably better that we lost with the overall effort we put forth. This game should be another "attempt" at a wakeup call.)

My biggest problem is when we are facing adversity, with crappy reffing, and crappy luck(it seemed this game), etc, we didnt take it up a notch. We did not play with heart...and in general, we DONT play with heart.

We dont want to win. We say we do, but we dont play like we do. We are riding this whole hype thing for all it is worth. Its hunt's job to get these guys going, and get their heads out of their asses. If he cant do anything about it, parker needs to take action and get some different players in here.

I think that if this half ass play continues, regardless of wins or losses. we could see a different team here come deadline time.

PS: Why was Valach scratched? is he injured? Also, how bad is Cervany's injury?

wardog fan
11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
hunt really didnt do much in the jaw either. motivation comes from coaches but like our coach hunchuck stated , you shouldnt need anything to pump you up for a game like this being a division game, being the pats, and being the fact our leader is back. being rated high hurts teams and that might be the case here..... but anyways loved the win last night

JDubb
11-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I personally think that even mentioning officiating as a reason for losing is a cop out. I believe that teams have to control the things they have control over and not worry about things they don't. Saying that, by putting in effort all the time, you can control the officiating a bit, but laziness never wins.

The biggest thing that sticks out in my mind showing that right now the Warriors are mentally stronger than the Pats is Teubert could have pasted Holzapfel against the boards in the third right before MJ scored, but he let him go right by. He said he was ready for anything. It sure didn't look like it.

I was excited for the game and it sure disappointed. Elder wanted to fight Grantham off the face-off, but he waved him off.

I am not saying at all that Rowat is completely to blame for the 16 goals in the past 3 games that he has given up, but I would expect Bosch to play tomorrow to change things up. I was surprised to see Rowat last night honestly.

When the Pats lose, it isn't close. Not a good trend. The good news is the season is young and I still believe this team can go as far as they want to go.

wardog fan
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
GRANTHAM WOULD EAT ELDER ALIVE, anyways at least he didnt turtle like tuebert did in the crushed can.. but i do agree cant blame officiating and the pats arnt playing to their potential. but seriously besides their first line what do they have for scoring? depth takes you a long way ... and yes defense wins games, but 13 goals in your last 3 games , that reflects goaltending and defense,. last i looked and i coach hockey its a team game which forwards have to play both ways and contrubute. one thing i do have to give the pats props for is eberle, the kid is the real deal.. enjoy it i know i do enjoy watching him play....

wardog fan
11-03-2007, 12:23 PM
why cant pat fans respect the fact they lose and their team isnt playing well and loseing to better prepared teams.. moose jaw deserves credit for last nights win..

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I personally think that even mentioning officiating as a reason for losing is a cop out. I believe that teams have to control the things they have control over and not worry about things they don't. Saying that, by putting in effort all the time, you can control the officiating a bit, but laziness never wins.

The biggest thing that sticks out in my mind showing that right now the Warriors are mentally stronger than the Pats is Teubert could have pasted Holzapfel against the boards in the third right before MJ scored, but he let him go right by. He said he was ready for anything. It sure didn't look like it.

I was excited for the game and it sure disappointed. Elder wanted to fight Grantham off the face-off, but he waved him off.

I am not saying at all that Rowat is completely to blame for the 16 goals in the past 3 games that he has given up, but I would expect Bosch to play tomorrow to change things up. I was surprised to see Rowat last night honestly.

When the Pats lose, it isn't close. Not a good trend. The good news is the season is young and I still believe this team can go as far as they want to go.

I dont think saying officiating was a factor is "coping out". It was bad, and if not for a few weak calls, a couple PP goals would not have happened. We still did not play well enough to win when it comes down to it, and I agree with the rest though.

I also agree with wardog that the defence has been awful in the last few games. Alot of it is our PK, and just when the other team is in our zone in general. Defence is probably our biggest problem. Our D is good offensively, but not very good defensively, and that has to change. Same goes for the forwards, alot are not willing to play defence, and that has gotta change too.

Hope the next game we play will mean alot more to the pats than this last one did, and that they show up playing, and give the warriors a good match.

PS: Elder would totally beat grantham. Stoesz did after all...

wardog fan
11-03-2007, 04:35 PM
come on buddy your comparing stoesz to elder? thats brutal.... and stoesz was a machine, and grantham is a year older , the guy looks like a machine now and he would eat elder, but theres no sense argrueing over this. the bottom line is grantham's play on our team is priceless the guy has improved so much and plays regulary and we would rather have his presence on the ice then in the box....

patsdude114
11-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Elder isnt that tough anyways...... and Grantham is playing with a chip on his shoulder this season..(i have watched 6 warrior games this season due to my boss having 4 company season tickets to them)

Elder just has size he can hold his own but by no means is he a top tough guy in this league hes a middle weight in a heavy weights body

JDubb
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
why cant pat fans respect the fact they lose and their team isnt playing well and loseing to better prepared teams.. moose jaw deserves credit for last nights win..

I think Moose Jaw deserves a lot more credit than just last night's win against the Pats. They are on a great streak and it is evident that they want to win and work hard to win.

The Pats have other guys that should be able to score, but haven't been at all. Unfortunately right now they are a one line show, that has been shut down recently and the standings show it.

patsdude114
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
i liked the line when Hunt put Jagow on the wing with Eberle and Kraus and had MacAngus playing with Hill or Gross kinda got some scoring spread around...

I think a good 2nd line would be Hill Ofukany and MacAngus and a 3rd line of Leffler Gross and Mitchell....

Please dont get me started on all of our Offensive Dmen no one wants to play defence besides Friaponte.... i think Friaponte is our most improved player from last year.... he was brutal at best last year, at least this year he is taking the body and moving the puck better

TheSnowman
11-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Back on topic, I can't say the Agridome has ever been known for the rowdiness of its fans. Seems like unless the Warriors are in town no one cares, and even then Moose Jaw fans provide more entertainment. I haven't been to a Pats game in a couple years now so hopefully it's changed but all I remember is Pats game = cure for insomnia.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Back on topic, I can't say the Agridome has ever been known for the rowdiness of its fans. Seems like unless the Warriors are in town no one cares, and even then Moose Jaw fans provide more entertainment. I haven't been to a Pats game in a couple years now so hopefully it's changed but all I remember is Pats game = cure for insomnia.

It has gotten a bit younger around the newly named brandt centre, and louder, however the masses upon masses of decaying seniors still remain, and on top of that, lots and lots of little kids are always running around.

So one trip to the bathroom if you are 3 or 4 sections away from said bathroom would take almost 5 years, because of all the slow roadblock seniors, and all the little kids scampering around as well. I compared it to going agaisnt a river current, with the water being little kids, and old people/large women being the boulders in the river also impreeding your path to the washroom.

OK, I exaggerate a bit...but the point is we have gotten younger, and not just little kids too. We arent quite as loud as passionate cities like swift current and MJ(and by "not quite" I mean Light years away), but we still have some passionate fans, such as myself, that show up, and support the team. Sometimes even make alot of noise, but I only make noise during the fights.

In short, it isnt as bad as before, but dont expect to be blown away. The average age of the attendence, with little kids and young people and all, is still probably 60.

hobster
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
In saskatoon you wouldn't have a problem going too take a piss in the intermission.... It's like a library there with everyone walking single file too the washrooms and very quite and polite, it's like a mix between curling and ballett Blades games.....If you make noise you might get a wierd look from a seinor or even scare someone beside you, as they are trying too catch some zzzz.......Also in Saskatoon they have a noise meter but it works differantly there ,where they try too see how quite the crowd can get by bringing the noise meter down.... And the mascot telling people too hush hush, quit a good atmostphere for the kids haha.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
In saskatoon you wouldn't have a problem going too take a piss in the intermission.... It's like a library there with everyone walking single file too the washrooms and very quite and polite, it's like a mix between curling and ballett Blades games.....If you make noise you might get a wierd look from a seinor or even scare someone beside you, as they are trying too catch some zzzz.......Also in Saskatoon they have a noise meter but it works differantly there ,where they try too see how quite the crowd can get by bringing the noise meter down.... And the mascot telling people too hush hush, quit a good atmostphere for the kids haha.

perhaps they should consider installing a daycare center there with consistant nap times. :laugh:

hobster
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Yes and bingo for the old people, im actually figuering out it's not a good thing too drink beer at a game when it's so quite i better stick too alot of jolt cola or some red bull it gives you wings.

SectionNDeserter
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
i better stick too alot of jolt cola or some red bull it gives you wings.Sometimes you gotta ride the bull, am I right?

hobster
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't swing that way, and if i did ride the bull it would be the best ride of that bulls life.... But maybe your that way as you thought of it first i'll leave that up for debate.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes and bingo for the old people, im actually figuering out it's not a good thing too drink beer at a game when it's so quite i better stick too alot of jolt cola or some red bull it gives you wings.

Thats a good idea, and I am serious. It would probably bring in alot more money considering all the seniors that go. The only problem is that it would attract so much more old people that the arena would probably get a strong old man smell.

Best to make it in a different section in the arena outside the actual rink area, and have a tv with the game on in there so they at least look like they care about hockey as much as bingo.

and our pal sectionNdeserter was suggesting that sometimes red bull is required(and I agree), not that you are a homo or something. That would be kind of out of the blue if that was the case, wouldnt it?

Bran
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Haha...well this thread went a little off-track...at least it's civil!

This year actually doesn't seem to be too bad. Places like MH, MJ and Swift benefit from the small size of their rinks. The crazy roof in MJ doesn't hurt, either!

Bran
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats a good idea, and I am serious. It would probably bring in alot more money considering all the seniors that go. The only problem is that it would attract so much more old people that the arena would probably get a strong old man smell.

Best to make it in a different section in the arena outside the actual rink area, and have a tv with the game on in there so they at least look like they care about hockey as much as bingo.

and our pal sectionNdeserter was suggesting that sometimes red bull is required(and I agree), not that you are a homo or something. That would be kind of out of the blue if that was the case, wouldnt it?
Slip them something to wake 'em up!

TheSnowman
11-11-2007, 02:41 PM
It has gotten a bit younger around the newly named brandt centre, and louder, however the masses upon masses of decaying seniors still remain, and on top of that, lots and lots of little kids are always running around.

So one trip to the bathroom if you are 3 or 4 sections away from said bathroom would take almost 5 years, because of all the slow roadblock seniors, and all the little kids scampering around as well. I compared it to going agaisnt a river current, with the water being little kids, and old people/large women being the boulders in the river also impreeding your path to the washroom.

OK, I exaggerate a bit...but the point is we have gotten younger, and not just little kids too. We arent quite as loud as passionate cities like swift current and MJ(and by "not quite" I mean Light years away), but we still have some passionate fans, such as myself, that show up, and support the team. Sometimes even make alot of noise, but I only make noise during the fights.

In short, it isnt as bad as before, but dont expect to be blown away. The average age of the attendence, with little kids and young people and all, is still probably 60.

heheh, it'll always be the Agridome to me man
anyway good to hear it's getting better... I do remember a couple times when that place was rocking pretty hard though, Memorial Cup semifinal in 01 against the Quebec team was a riot and my first WHL game (I was probably 7 or so - early 90s any rate) when Spokane was in town, sure seemed like a rowdy place then :)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-11-2007, 03:30 PM
anyway good to hear it's getting better... I do remember a couple times when that place was rocking pretty hard though, Memorial Cup semifinal in 01 against the Quebec team was a riot and my first WHL game (I was probably 7 or so - early 90s any rate) when Spokane was in town, sure seemed like a rowdy place then :)

Actually, last night was one of the loudest, most exciting games in a long time. It was a 1-0 game for a long time, and then they tie it up early in the third. It gets to the point where it is under a minute, and Edmonton's Figren(very impressive player) scored a goal at around 33 seconds left. 2-1 oil kings.

The pats rally back to get a quick goal 15 seconds later(all eberle, jordan gets the puck off the faceoff, cuts through the D, and throws it to the net, macangus gets the rebound, and it gets through) and the place totally erupted. The loudest it has been in recent memory. Then it was a fast paced overtime where the pats basically controlled the puck the entire time, and the crowd was consistantly loud for that.

The shootout came, and Eberle got the only goal, which was a nice one. He faked the backhand, the goalie took the bait, and jordan snuck it in on the side of the net with his forehand. He is such an amazing player.

I think he is the most talented player I have ever really seen in a pats uniform. I was too young to remember guys like petrovicky, holden, calder and lysak, when I was first watching, but I am sure he is better/not too far behind. He should have at least another year with us, so it will be interesting to see how his career turns out.

Fight Guy
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
When Jackman got the (what everyone thought would be) the winning goal, that place was RIDICULOUS! Loudest it had ever been that I can ever remember. Such an exciting time after the Pats ended up in the tie breaking game against Ottawa. The Pats were the only team to beat Red Deer in the whole tourny. ...then Val' dor rallied back and tied it...then won in OT:( But yeah...that was one of the most exciting games in Pats history (to me anyway).

PS: Correction...Brandon announcers are boring idiots... Eberle scores!!!...lol

WHEATMAN
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
PS: Correction...Brandon announcers are boring idiots... Eberle scores!!!...lol

I agree that Brandon's announcers don't seem to be overly "into the game" but atleast when you are listening to a Wheatie game you know it is being called as it is. With Rod Pederson in Regina, you have no clue what is actually happening in the game, the guy is by far the biggest homer in the league.