PDA

View Full Version : Portland pulls off upset in the Hat....

Faloktish
11-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Portland may have won the game but they were clearly dominated by the Tigers (shots 44-22, 19-7 in the 3rd). However, it looks like the Tigers may have taken them too lightly at the start and then ran into a hot goalie (Mucha, 1st star)...I love making excuses for other teams.............there can be no excuses for the Hurricanes tonight! Portland should be physically and metally spent after their big victory last night and we need to show them who's the boss in our building right from the opening face off and never look back!

Too often teams will get their buts handed to them in Medicine Hat only to waltz down the highway and steal 1 or 2 points at the Sportsplex (I am still not happy with corporate naming rights), I want the opposite to happen this time!!

BTW.....Yashar had no points and was -1 and Justin Leclair was yanked after giving up 4 goals on 9 shots in the first period (allthough 3 were on the power play) in Prince George's 8-3 spanking of Kamloops last night. It seems the inconsistent play that plauged these players in Lethbridge may still be haunting them.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Have you seen Yashar's stats since his departure? Very nice. Better than Wuchterl's who we have been praising.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Also, Leclerc was coming of a high ankle sprain so there may very well be more to the story than "inconsistant" play.

Faloktish
11-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Yes, I realize Yashar is putting up points for the Tigers but I think in the long run Wuchterl will be more beneficial to the Canes due to the leadership and in your face style of play he brings to the table. The Hurricanes already have a host of players that can light the lamp when motivated to do so. As for Leclerc, if his injury is still causing him problems then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Porkchop
11-03-2007, 11:38 AM
As for Leclerc, if his injury is still causing him problems then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Shouldn't be playing. I guess you have no idea as to the pressure thats put on injured players to get back into the lineup. Its all about wins not health. Justin was a hard working Cane and good luck to him.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I think in the long run The Hurricanes already have a host of players that can light the lamp when motivated to do so. As for Leclerc, if his injury is still causing him problems then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Who besides our big three can light the lamp regularily? Bancks(not really but hopefully soon) Chorynecko(starting to show some signs of life)? We have plenty of "character" guys. (Dietrich, Weins, Gionfriddo, N. Dietrich, etc...)
Also, it sounds like you just have a hate on for Leclerc.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Just another though, the replacement goalie for the Blazers didn't do so hot after replacing Leclerc so perhaps it was a complete lack of team effort on the Blazers part last night.

LHF
11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Just a question Faloktish, why couldn't we have kept our best 20 year old (Farmanara), and let one of the other 20's go? Yash at that time with us had 3 points, that's 3 more points than the other 2 put together. I don't think anyone had a problem with Mike coming in, it was the fact they let Yash go instead of say, Weins. I know it's ancient history, but everyone keeps saying Wuchterl is just as good as Farmanara, and not a bad trade off. Well we could have had both, couldn't we have? JMO, but if they had done that we would have upgraded our 20 year olds, instead of staying the same.

In any case, I wish both Yash and Justin luck where ever they play. I hope they tear up the league, just not against us...lol.

clrkth

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 12:34 PM
If we want to bring up our 20's and also the past....
We could also have Yellowhorn which we gave up for jack squat.
I will forever be p.o.'ed about that.

localguy
11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
If we want to bring up our 20's and also the past....
We could also have Yellowhorn which we gave up for jack squat.
I will forever be p.o.'ed about that.

If Mark Renners, turns out to be jack squat, then you will have a complaint, but the numbers renners put up in bantam (broke record for goals last year), then yes that is Jack squat. Yellow is a great player, but he was a cancer in the room, liked to party too much, and came in to camp over weight regularly. Justin didn't work hard in his last season, in fact he didn't care or want to be here at the end last year. That's why he was traded. Yash was to play a different role here than the other two 20's. He had pp and pk time, and played on the second line, numbers should have been better than the other two who were playing only 3rd and 4th line minutes, nothing else.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I am certian Tri-cities is pissed to have Yellowhorn. :confused: As for your other point about Renners; I will have to research the draft info.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 03:38 PM
OK, Therieau 6th and Reners 18th. Yellowhorn was money in the bank. How did top ten picks Petkau and Kaye turn out. Draft picks are a crapshoot. I would take money in the bank everyday. I guess we disagree. I hope you are right in your prediction of Reners. He did look very impressive in the Preseason. I can only hope he is a local boy (PC) that pans out.

localguy
11-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I never said Yellow was a bad player, he's fantastic, but again, it was off-ice issues that got hime traded(three pro camps and no contract). I also said, it depends on what the picks do, time will tell.

Bocephus
11-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Are we disagreeing on good terms? Wow, that might be a first on an internet thread, lol. Enjoy the game tonight. cheers

LHF
11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Yash was to play a different role here than the other two 20's. He had pp and pk time, and played on the second line, numbers should have been better than the other two who were playing only 3rd and 4th line minutes, nothing else.

So are you saying that's why they let Yash go, because his number's weren't better? So instead they keep 2 other guys who didn't have any numbers. :laugh:

That makes sense... Boogaard'd

Oh well...whats done is done...

GO CANES!!! clrkth

localguy
11-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't think I sadi that's why they let him go, I was just defending the other 20's lack of production.