PDA

View Full Version : holy sloppy...................

shushu
11-03-2007, 10:25 PM
that game looked to be the battle of the giant....not .....talk about playing down to a weak team, both goalie play terriable, no flow,plus a late goal in the 2nd and 3rd. so much for the killer instincted ..............glad they got the 2 point but that the only positive in this game......................go canes go........................

Porkchop
11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
It's great to win when its not our best game so we can't be that bad (10-7). Portland gave us more odd man rushes tonight than we have had in all previous games combined. But very few good shots taken. Chalk that up to poor hockey fundamentals. Go to the net hard and shoot the puck on net (then something good might happen). Looking forward to the Everett game.

Bocephus
11-04-2007, 08:08 AM
A win. That is all I care about. Keep 'em coming.

Faloktish
11-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey I want the wins to keep coming too...but what I want even more is for this team to win a playoff series.

So tell me everyone....does this team right now look like a team capable of winning a playoff series for the first time in over a decade?

Bocephus
11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I am undecided. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to add a piece.

I am also tired of waiting to see Carter Ashton.
Bring on Ashton and lets see if the hype is warrented. applause

localguy
11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Ashton should be playing next week, they will need him, since they now appear to have yet another injury up front (Wiens). I thought that physically it was a good game, but beyond that kinda boring. We will definately need a better effort when everret comes to town.

shushu
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Hey I want the wins to keep coming too...but what I want even more is for this team to win a playoff series.

So tell me everyone....does this team right now look like a team capable of winning a playoff series for the first time in over a decade?
this team has a big problem with consistent play, not only in the game but from game to game also.....hopefully by december a few more pieces to the puzzle will be in place... players like deitrich have a very short window to proove they belong here as 20's, along with a hand full of others that are having trouble scoring.i would say roy is sitting back and taking a close look at what needs to be improoved and does something to address it ....the one thing that has improoved from last year is they seem to get back on track quicker (wins and losses)....which hopefully keeps up and with a few good trades this team could win it first playoff series is 10 years...........................ps........ its nice to see benny playing much better he is a big asset to this team when he is playing good...keep it up boys...................GO CANES GO............................

localguy
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
What would you expect to trade, one generally has to give to get, and we don;t have a lot to give. We aren't going to get something for nothing, and there aren't a whole lot of 20's to trade around. I think the once the boys figure out how play a full 60, they will consistantly be successful. We are 20 games in above 500, and still winning (not by much, but we are winning 13 out of 14 points in our last 7). Ashton hasn;t played a game yet, and on the injury note, we haven't had a full healthy roster for a single game yet. Let everyone get healthy, let the boys find their swagger, and we will be fine. The tools are all there, they just have to use them all.

shushu
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
What would you expect to trade, one generally has to give to get, and we don;t have a lot to give. We aren't going to get something for nothing, and there aren't a whole lot of 20's to trade around. I think the once the boys figure out how play a full 60, they will consistantly be successful. We are 20 games in above 500, and still winning (not by much, but we are winning 13 out of 14 points in our last 7). Ashton hasn;t played a game yet, and on the injury note, we haven't had a full healthy roster for a single game yet. Let everyone get healthy, let the boys find their swagger, and we will be fine. The tools are all there, they just have to use them all.
the team has to improove on it inconsistancies first, but there will be a few deals done before the trade deadline to improove in areas........................

Porkchop
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
there will be a few deals done before the trade deadline to improove in areas........................
How do you know?? Much easier said than done. Teams are all looking to come out on top after a trade. Maybe a deadline deal involving the 20 year old situation. An experienced 20 year old scoring forward with size would be great, but again easier said than done. ie. Fraser McClaren would be a very nice addition from Portland.

grainbear
11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
The key in this whole process has been finding a way to win !. At the end of the regular season it will not be remembered who we beat or how. It will be the top teams in the division that make the first round , and whether we win by luck, sloppiness, grit, goaltender stealing one, or finess and speed does not count. The key is winning and these little battles are what seperates the good teams from the average. Keep up the effort boys , and like the little train from preschool I think I can, I think I can ,I think I can means it gets done . Very hard for any team to play well against Portland , look at both ourselves and Medicine Hat . The difference was we won keep it going Canes. Us fans know you can !

shushu
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=Porkchop]How do you know?? Much easier said than done. Teams are all looking to come out on top after a trade. Maybe a deadline deal involving the 20 year old situation. An experienced 20 year old scoring forward with size would be great, but again easier said than done. ie. Fraser McClaren would be a very nice addition from Portland.[/QU
christ you and local guy talk like the team has never traded before this year, who was bailey, wick, cruise,redenbach just a few o/a players that were brought in to shore up this team.....deitrich is a solid player and i'm sure roy will give him time to pick up his game but the bottem line is he has to improove as a 20 or things will change............and as for how we gonna trade we have nothing , lol ,last year we got bailey for a dman that probably would have never seen the ice in lethbridge if memory serve me correctly and redenbach for cruise and laRochelle and redenbach was a high end player..................that how..........................

Porkchop
11-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Shu you are same poster that wines every time the gm makes changes and each time you call him crazy for making too many. We all want whats best for our team. clrkth

canes77
11-05-2007, 03:03 AM
We have won 6 of the past 7 games...no need to talk about a trade, the team is doing fine right now. Maybe if things stop looking good we can look at a trade come December or early January.

As for this week, we're a hot team and should be able to win on Wed and on Fri before facing two strong teams before the road trip...To quote a war general :laugh: ..."you guys can win, and you guys will win!"

localguy
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=shushu]
christ you and local guy talk like the team has never traded before this year, QUOTE]

We've obviously tradd before, but if i recall correctly, reddenbach, and wick were hardly impact players here, they didn't do much. The same can't be said for Baily. However, those trades were late in the season, you're talking like we are already out of the playoffs, and don't have a chance if we do make them. It's early in the season, i dont see a need to open the revolving door yet.

T-Bird
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
The canes seriously need better COACHING!!! Dyck has NO IDEA HOW TO COACH.. he is brutal!! Thats the problem with this team, theres no flow to the game cause he switches lines every shift so his "Favourites" can play more... not to mention any "NAMES" there is no consistency with this team and his power play sucks ... I've seen it many times before, coaches like this do NOT get the best out of their players... what have our stars done 5 on 5? Nothing.... a GOOD coach knows how to bring the best out of players.. and rewards those who do well ... not reward your favorites... Seriously What has Dyck done for this team since he came aboard... NOTHING!!! Time to re-evalute ...

shushu
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
why dont you try reading my post before YOU start to whine.......deitrich is a solid player and i dont want him to leave, BUT roy said without saying on the canes report(tv and radio) that he challenge players to pick up their game and show they belong here ,and with the older crew struggling for point they will be the first moved IF IF IF IF there is movement mid to late season........local guy where did i say we were down and out and the axe was falling on certain players all that was said is some need to improove....as for you porkchop show me 3 of your post that have anything positive to say about this team then you can tell me about whining........................

localguy
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I just don;t see a need for trades, we have a lot of talent. When we are healthy and playing at our full potential (if we can), we will be a very diffucult team to beat. When Roy came in he said he had a three year agenda, and we would need that long to get all the pieces in place for a strong championship run. As I see it, making a run in the playoffs this year will exceed expectations. Why start trading guys away for the present, when we have a great future. Quality 20's won't become available till later in the season, and are short term solutions that usually require young talent and early picks. The team isn;t struggling, they just lack consistancy, if they can;t overcome that, then we have a problem.

shushu
11-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I just don;t see a need for trades, we have a lot of talent. When we are healthy and playing at our full potential (if we can), we will be a very diffucult team to beat. When Roy came in he said he had a three year agenda, and we would need that long to get all the pieces in place for a strong championship run. As I see it, making a run in the playoffs this year will exceed expectations. Why start trading guys away for the present, when we have a great future. Quality 20's won't become available till later in the season, and are short term solutions that usually require young talent and early picks. The team isn;t struggling, they just lack consistancy, if they can;t overcome that, then we have a problem.
and as i said ,i dont want jake to head out of town he's a work horse and i like this kid, but they need to step up with a few more points, or they might be moving on , at least thats the read i get off of roy... i might be wrong .....as for the playoff run there's where we agree, with calgary and the east sitting as strong as they are there no point selling any future talent for right now when next year most of it should be in place...hopefully....but then again for this year i wasn't talking any major trades.....................