PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this team?

Hitmen1
11-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Are they or were they overrated? Nearly unbeatable for a month and now its gone the other way as they have lost 8 of 11.

Not enough talent? They have a very good blueline but Plante and Mercer haven't been healthy yet, Seabrook was a healthy scratch last night. The lack finish up front in my opinion, which was the downside to dealing Keegan Dansereau. The goaltending has been iffy.

Poor coaching? No matter what is happening there just doesn't seem to be adjustments being made.

Discuss.

sbtatter
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Too many centres being converted to wingers. I hear Galiardi doesn't pass quick enough. And I hear Kis is rolling all lines equal time, even on the PP, so that doesn't help results immediately, but may help develop the young guys long term. I'm surprised at Kalinkski and Rowinski's lack of production.

RunTheGoalie
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Poor coaching, among other things.

As I lamented in a few recent game threads, this team makes a lot of preventable mistakes game after game after game.

The inability to break out of our own zone being a big problem. I have no idea why the defence thinks that cross-ice passes are a good idea, but at least three of those get picked off a game. Everett's third goal followed such a turnover.

Poor decision making on offence as well. Likewise, little adjustment being shown. Our offence has exactly two options: rush up the boards, and dump a little pass into the middle to a guy who is already in double coverage. Surprisingly, that doesn't work. Even more surprisingly, it still doesn't work the tenth time they try.

Our other offensive weapon is down low play. cycling, battling. This is where most of our offence comes from right now, and the Hitmen are one of the best in the league at it from what I've seen.

Our powerplay is abysmal because we are routinely outworked. Inexcusable.

Goaltending is spotty. Some games, Spence is all world. Others, we might as well just put a le Golie in.

Ultimately though, I continue to blame the coach. Since Kisio stepped behind the bench, wasted talent has become this team's identity.