PDA

View Full Version : We Got That Rider Pride...

Bran
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM
reginapats.com
PATS SHOW RIDER PRIDE

Regina, Saskatchewan –The Regina Pats are proud to announce that on Friday, November 9th, members of the Saskatchewan Roughriders will be in attendance as the Pats will host the Saskatoon Blades.

There will be Roughrider players on hand to drop the puck for a ceremonial face-off. In addition, the players will be available to sign autographs on the concourse during the 1st intermission.

For tickets to Friday night’s contest and all other Pats home games you can visit the Brandt Centre box office or call the Ticketmaster box office at 543-7800.

…………………………

Your Regina Pats will play two home games this upcoming weekend, as the Saskatoon Blades will be in town Friday for a 7:00 pm start. On Saturday night the expansion Edmonton Oil Kings will make their first ever visit to the Brandt Centre, game time is 7:00pm.
That should get some attention...think it'll work?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Maybe for one game.

But seriously, it will depend how the pats do that game. If its a slow, 1-0 game for the other team, the attempt to get more people watching will not work, however, if it is a high paced game with everything wonderful the game can offer, we might get a few more people interesting and coming.

When it comes down to it though, regina is a football town. Alot of people dont care about the pats either because it isnt a pro team(though it is one of the more storied teams in probably the best junior hockey league in the world), or because of how the pats have done these last few years. They have no expectations for the pats, but for alot of people, the same goes for the riders until they win a game, then all of the badwagoners crawl out of their holes and run around until the riders lose, then they hide their green.(shirts).

Perhaps it is just because alot of people arent hockey fans? None of my friends are fanatics like I am, except for one, but he never has time to go to any games. The rest are all "super" rider fans with merchandise and all that, but wont admit their bandwagoning ways after they tell me how much the riders suck after they lost to toronto.

Big Ern
11-05-2007, 11:47 PM
GO RIDERS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HAHA. :)

Blades 4 Life!
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
It doesn't matter if you live in Swift, Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw or even P.A. We all have Rider pride!

hobster
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Lets go Regina RoughRiders haha

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
And Saskatchewan has the best Junior Football team in Canada. The Saskatoon Hilltops won the Canadian Junior Football Championship in Winnipeg last Saturday beating an undefeated team, the St. Leonard Cougars from Quebec. applause

hobster
11-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Who cares about the Hilltops that is some weak ass football, it is a levill below the university ranks cast away players they maybe get a 1,000 people out too crappy gordie how bowl every game.

WHEATMAN
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
It doesn't matter if you live in Swift, Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw or even P.A. We all have Rider pride!

I cant say I agree, I live in Saskatoon, and am not really a Rider fan, much less a football fan :p

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Who cares about the Hilltops that is some weak ass football, it is a levill below the university ranks cast away players they maybe get a 1,000 people out too crappy gordie how bowl every game.

I'll disagree with you hobster. Teams like the Hilltops, Edmonton Wildcats,
Okanagan Sun, Nanaimo and Victoria could easily compete in the CIS. You have to remember that a lot of the university teams are made up of former Jr league players and that a lot of the CIS players are 23 and 24 yrs old. This is good football and becoming better with the development of the Community League teams and let's not forget the Raymond Comets - best high school football program in Canada.
ANYWAY, this is about the Riders and their quest to get their butts kicked by the Lions in the west final.
pbj