PDA

View Full Version : The Hanson Brothers: I mean Hunter Brothers

Scout
11-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Switzer's Blog

Four of a Kind Could Lead to a Full House in Shaunavon

Not sure if this is 100% true, but I heard a juicy rumour today in regards to the Shaunavon Badgers Senior Hockey team. Word on Center Street in Shaunavon says ALL FOUR Hunter brothers will suit up for the Badgers this year. That includes former Bronco captain and heart and soul Luke, former Kelowna Rocket, PA Raider and journeyman AHL vet JJ, former Melville Millionaire (and Canadian Idol contestant) Dusty, and the rough and tumble baby of the family Brock who suited up for the Home Hardware Legionnaires and had stints in the SJHL and AJHL. Luke, Dusty and JJ are all forwards while Brock plays the back end with a bit of an edge.

A Saturday night trip to Shaunavon to see all four Hunters! Follow that up with fun and fellowship at the King's hotel.

penman
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
If indeed the Hunter boys are all going to play in the senior league great for those boys to get a chance to all play together and for there home town wow that would be great.There is only one down fall if you will,it will probably be the end of the league,absolutely no team could come close they will slauter any and all teams in that league. No team could come close to being able to afford that many hired guns to counter that lineup.Which is to bad because in another way it would give that league a boost but not only would you have trouble finding the talent but could not afford it.Hope I am wrong but I have a hunch I am not.

double big gulp
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't think the White Mud is going to lose any interest. Frontier is back in this year and they added Counsel last year. I also seen ads in the paper for Abbey looking for players so, that would give them 8 teams. As for the 4 Hunter's, Eastend I'm sure will be looking to keep the title. They seem to have deep pockets so it will be interesting to see who they have. Maybe Big Ern and I can travel and see the battle in Hunterville against Eastend.

Big Ern
11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
:) I really like the idea of that, but this Saturday night won't do. I am headed to Saskatoon in the early hours. The game up there should be great as well. I believe the Blades are on a winning streak right now...should be a beauty. See if the Broncos can put an end to it. LOL