PDA

View Full Version : Schenn, fans choice?

Triton
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Calgary, Alberta -- The Boston Pizza ‘Fan’s Choice’ Player of the Week nominees have been selected and among them is 16-year old Brandon Wheat Kings' rookie Brayden Schenn.

http://www.whl.ca/hm/fanChoice.php

Voting will be open from today at 9:00 am (MST) through until Friday, November 9th at 10:00 am (MST)

Boston Pizza ‘Fan’s Choice’ Details

The way the Boston Pizza Fans Choice works is the WHL Office will select a nomination from each division and the player with the most votes will be awarded a point. The player with the most points at the end of the regular season will receive a 42” Plasma Television and Boston Pizza Party.

There will also be prizes for participating fans throughout the season and a grand prize draw selected from all participants will be made at the end of the regular season. The winner will also receive a 42” Plasma television and a Boston Pizza Party.

Earlier today, Schenn was named winner of the first segment in this year's MTS Connect 3 Star Program.

old_time_hockey
11-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Anyone but Kyle Beach. I think that is something all WHL fans can agree on

Triton
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I honestly think that one member of the baby blue line will win rookie of the year in the WHL. punk rock

Brandonite
11-07-2007, 06:59 AM
I honestly think that one member of the baby blue line will win rookie of the year in the WHL. punk rock
Matt Calvert wouldn't get rookie of the year just based on his age! I'm not saying I agree with it, but its' not likely despite the fact he is having an outstanding campaign. There are alot of great rookies in the WHL this season, and Schenn is no different in that area! Schenn, Glennie, Calvert, Johnny Lazo (Americans), Ryan Howse (Bruins), Cody Eakin (Broncos), Landon Ferrero (Rebels) are all very considerable for rookie of the year despite the fact we are barely 2 months into the season!

sbtatter
11-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Matt Calvert wouldn't get rookie of the year just based on his age! I'm not saying I agree with it, but its' not likely despite the fact he is having an outstanding campaign. There are alot of great rookies in the WHL this season, and Schenn is no different in that area! Schenn, Glennie, Calvert, Johnny Lazo (Americans), Ryan Howse (Bruins), Cody Eakin (Broncos), Landon Ferrero (Rebels) are all very considerable for rookie of the year despite the fact we are barely 2 months into the season! I think Lazo is an 89 like Calvert. Eakin and Ferraro aren't productive like Schenn so far, I know nothing about Howse. I'm surprised Bubnick and Shayne Wiebe haven't had more of an impact so far....

dagley
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
If Glennie keeps his pace up and finishes with around 30 goals, he'll win ROTY

Triton
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
www.wheatkings.com

CALGARY, AB. - The BOSTON PIZZA ‘Fan’s Choice’ WHL Player of the Week, as voted on by WHL fans, is rookie forward Brayden Schenn of the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Schenn picked up two goals, threes assists and was plus four, in the three games during the week of October 29th through to November 4th, helping the Wheat Kings to a 2-1 record in that span.

On Friday, November 2nd the Brandon Wheat Kings hosted East Division rivals the Swift Current Broncos. Schenn picked up one assist in Brandon’s 5-3 victory. He was also named the games 1st Star.

The next night, Saturday, November 3rd, the Moose Jaw Warriors rolled into Westman Place to take on the home team Brandon Wheat Kings. Schenn scored his second three point night on the young WHL season netting one goal and assisting on two others. The Wheat Kings downed the Warriors 6-3, handing Moose Jaw their first regulation lost in 11 games. He was also named the games 1st Star.

One Sunday, November 4th, the Wheat Kings heading west on the Trans-Canada highway to face the Pats at The Brandt Centre in Regina. Schenn scored one goal in the Wheat Kings 3-2 loss to the Pats.

Originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Schenn spent last season with the Saskatoon Contacts in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA League. He will be eligible at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

To vote for next weeks Boston Pizza ‘Fan’s Choice’ WHL Player of the Week, starting Tuesday morning, log onto www.whl.ca click on the Boston Pizza Fan’s Choice logo and follow the instructions.

Schenn and the Wheat Kings host Edmonton Friday night. For tickets call 726-3555 or go online at ticketmaster.ca

Trav
11-09-2007, 05:05 PM
for rookie of the year in the whole league. He's the top 16 right now and 2nd or 3rd in rookie scoring. If he stays up there then he should at least be the eastern rookie of the year finalist.

dagley
11-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Personally, Id pick Glennie right now.

WHEATMAN
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Personally, Id pick Glennie right now.

Glennie is playing great, no doubt, but he isn't as complete of a player as Schenn is, and at 16 a complete player is very rare. It seems that almost all of Glennie's goals have came from Schenn working his tail off in the corners, plus Glennie isn't that sound defensively. Glennie reminds me of Fehr, as he capitalized on alot of Ryan Stone's hard work down. Glennie will be a good one, and I wouldn't be suprised to see 20-30 goals out of him this year, but so far Schenn has been the best 16 year old rookie in this league, with Glennie a close second, in my opinion anyway.

hobster
11-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Those guys are doing amazingley awesome this season if i had too pick i would say schenn too... For the Blades Stefan Elliott as been our best rookie from defence, he is 2-10 -12 and is playing on the number pp unit and is really sound in his own end.