PDA

View Full Version : raiders beat hitmen

westbeach55
11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
looks as if things are looking up raiders beat hitmen 5-2

eye4aneye
11-07-2007, 10:26 PM
looks as if things are looking up raiders beat hitmen 5-2 Sounds like a real effort from everyone. Brandl 2 goals!! maybe he has found his comfort zone. Stanford played well between the pipes. Please note that we stayed out of the penalty box......Theories anyone?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-07-2007, 10:30 PM
dont get too excited. the only reason the raiders beat the hitmen is because I picked calgary to win this game in our predictions bracket. Same goes for MJ, and everett, and soon Kelowna and maybe vancouver.

**** im doing bad now.

But good for the raiders. They have obviously recovered from their lapse with the stripped letters.

Dwight Schrute
11-08-2007, 03:12 AM
isnt this the raiders first reg time win there in over ten years ? good job boys

wardog fan
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
cause ellerby is traded to moose jaw....

Dwight Schrute
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
if your clark why dont you offer depape for ellerby?
id keep depape over ellerby. yes i know 10th overall pick. but... look how well liked he is in the loops. depape at least works and shows heart. maybe the points arent coming, but ellerby= no thanks

btw i bet he will go on to light it up in MJ the rest of the year

wardog fan
11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
well this is a solid deal and pretty much gave up a 19 yr old who was struggling out of the gates offensively , we didnt lose anything in terms of goals, and we did lose in leadership calla is a great kid, but ellerby is a stud who puts us right back in the mix of everything in this conference...

eye4aneye
11-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I guess it will depend on how much momentum we can have. Perhaps the chemistry is finally coming together, and if that is the case why mess with it. Sounds like Bruno has the the guys buying into a good work ethic and staying out of the box. I really think those games we lost by one goal earlier in the year, it was stupid penalties that did us in. We can still be tough along the boards, but smart tough not losing our minds tough. I hope the positives keep showing!
I think it is cool that the guys think that much of White already, by voting him an A. Glad that the guys also still think highly of Depape, that should help in the confidence dept. ANd if we can get 2 lines going with strong offensive effort and the other 2 lines doing their share, get the younger guys developing, and they are thus far. Brandl is finally coming along. Mcdonald 100 point season? Both goalies look good. Blue line seems steady. I see progress. applause

Keep it up everyone! It is a team effort! Including support from the fans. :groovy:

whlhockeyfan13
11-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I think staying out of the penalty box is the key to winning.

eye4aneye
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I think staying out of the penalty box is the key to winning.

The last 2 wins we have only taken 4 penalties in each game!! That right there is telling me something, and I think that is what Bruno wanted to see as well. I really think we have some decent talent, lets just stay outta the box!:turkey:

And I hate to say it because I have always liked Gauthier, but he was a marked man and well I don't need to say anymore. '

If we can get a rep of being a more clean team, I am hoping that the stupid calls will decrease and we will see good hockey. clrkth

dagley
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Calgary has some major damn problems right now.

eye4aneye
11-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Define problems? I think there are alot of teams that have problems... Boogaard'd

TheSnowman
11-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I was surprised as anyone with how slow the Raiders started but I suppose after so long under a different system you can't expect everyone to snap out of it in just a few games. As for DePape, I think he's a real character guy on and off the ice with a lot more value than his points show. He's sure looked good the last few games though.

I think that win will prove to be very important for the Raiders as the season moves on.

eye4aneye
11-11-2007, 01:28 AM
On this trip through the central division this weekend we seem to be staying out of the box.... Gosh these games are close!