PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs #1 in WHL, #5 in CHL

HomerSimpson
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
See topic; how cool is that?

Ahead of teams that I looked at at the beginning of the season and wondered how we could match up against them.

I thought we'd have to wait until next year for results like this. GO CHIEFS GO

Bocephus
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats, that is nice to see that fans get rewarded for past dreadful years. Enjoy!

cranky
11-08-2007, 01:26 AM
we need to remember it's a long season. polls are opinions.....i've seen a few #1 ranked teams go out in the first round

interesting chatter on the pow-wow...couple folks are looking to saturday nite when the team everybody hates is in town...i got news for 'em that kamloops club could come in with fire in their arse after clark's firing......

HomerSimpson
11-08-2007, 09:45 PM
we need to remember it's a long season. polls are opinions.....i've seen a few #1 ranked teams go out in the first round

interesting chatter on the pow-wow...couple folks are looking to saturday nite when the team everybody hates is in town...i got news for 'em that kamloops club could come in with fire in their arse after clark's firing......

I know it doesn't mean much...but it really does when you consider how long it's been since the Chiefs have been this strong.

And I won't be surprised at all if Kamloops comes to town tomorrow and fights like a drowning team...Hopefully we can prove ourselves yet again, but as our success against Kamloops the last few years has dictated, we may be in for a long night...(Remember Kirk Irving? Since then, things have been rough against the Blazers...)

cranky
11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
.......i remember trying to imagine his emotions as the evening progressed......

anyone playing sports growing up had a day or several like that.

HomerSimpson
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
The worst part was when they scored their 6th goal on him. I think it was Jorgensen (correct me if I'm wrong), he came down the wing and fired a puck that my grandmother could stop that screeched right over ol' Kirk's shoulder. My heart sank; at that point, I realized it was going to be a long season.

Is Kirk related to Leland?

cranky
11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Kirk Irving Goalie
Born Oct 17 1986 -- Swan Hills, ALTA
Height 6.00 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots R

Goalie statistics may be incomplete

RS Scoring RS Goalie Stats PO Scoring
Season Team Lge GP G A PIM Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct GP G A PIM
2004-05 Camrose Kodiaks AJHL 41 0 0 0
2004-05 Spokane Chiefs WHL 1 0 0 0 37 6 0 0 9.73 0 1 0 12 0.667 - - - -
2007-08 Knoxville Ice Bears SPHL 0 0 0 ----