PDA

View Full Version : Have a good bus trip.

gr8freak
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
For those on the bus today, have a good trip!!! :)

Jovorock
03-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Ya you guys have a great time on the bus, I met DoubleDee last night while talking to Squig and Kevannie last night. I'm kind of kicking myself now, I told my wife that I wished we would of got a bus ticket for the game tonite. she said that she would of loved going and it sounded like a good time?

Teaps
03-19-2005, 10:30 AM
WHat a time to say "hey good idea" hey Jovo? LOL...I'll have a few $9.00 beers for ya tonight! LOL

GO ROCKETS GOOOOOOO

Beaner
03-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Not sure if your organizer knows this, but the BC Boys AAA Basketball Championship is going on at the Same time as the game tonight. Could be a real mess down around the Coliseum, as the games are all being played at the Agrodome, right next to the Coliseum, with the final at starting at 8pm, 3-4 place at 6:15ish. Might want to give them a heads up.

Jovorock
03-19-2005, 10:44 AM
WHat a time to say "hey good idea" hey Jovo? LOL...I'll have a few $9.00 beers for ya tonight! LOL

GO ROCKETS GOOOOOOO
What can I say sometimes the elevator doesn't go to the top floor all the time?

Squig
03-19-2005, 12:02 PM
I will let the bosses know.

Time to head out - Lets see got my jersey -

ahemmm GGGGGOOOOO RRRRROOOOCCCCKKKEEETTTSSS GGGGOOOO!!!!!

yup i'm ready :groovy:

kelownakarl
03-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Have fun there folks, have a beer for me and cheer loud!

Jimmy
03-20-2005, 12:42 AM
A bit disappointing to hear Rockets fans start up a team cheer while the Giants were handing out their season awards, but watching two sections sit there with that sad look on their faces was punishment enough. :o

Teaps
03-20-2005, 05:51 AM
Sad Look? We are all DAMN Proud of our boys! To finish as high as we did and win the head to head series with Koots...which IMO should be the tie breaker, with a brand new head coach. God Damn Am I PROUD TO BE A KELOWNIAN!!!!!

GO ROCKETS GO!!!!!!

BTW...We started the chant AFTER the awards ceremony because we were watching it as well!

Jovorock
03-20-2005, 07:01 AM
A bit disappointing to hear Rockets fans start up a team cheer while the Giants were handing out their season awards, but watching two sections sit there with that sad look on their faces was punishment enough. :o
Toigo too cheap to hand out the awards like everyone else does in a banquet atmospere? Maybe the White Spot on Renfrew was a busy night so he had to give the awards away at the Pacific Colisium?

The Giants barely finished over 500 pct and 14 games behind the Rockets you seem to be very cocky. But you win one game and it made your entire season, good on you.

Jimmy
03-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Toigo too cheap to hand out the awards like everyone else does in a banquet atmospere? Maybe the White Spot on Renfrew was a busy night so he had to give the awards away at the Pacific Colisium?

The Giants barely finished over 500 pct and 14 games behind the Rockets you seem to be very cocky. But you win one game and it made your entire season, good on you.

Whaaaaaaaambulance

C.F
03-20-2005, 09:50 AM
A bit disappointing to hear Rockets fans start up a team cheer while the Giants were handing out their season awards, but watching two sections sit there with that sad look on their faces was punishment enough. :oDissapointed? I was quite pissed off. If they're going to come into our building, at least show some respect.

I'm sure they had some time to think about it on their bus ride home though.

Squig
03-20-2005, 10:27 AM
There was no disrespect indended - It wasn't during the anthem or something. I guess we were a little louder than we thought. Heat of the moment stuff - If you found it disrespectful I apologize to you and your team. Personally it wouldn't have bothered me.

Congrats to your team - they played hard and deserved to win. This win does several things - first off it gives Van some confidence going into round one with Kelowna. It will make a very good series - my guess is it will go to 6 games. Secondly your fans will show up now in droves. The headlines in the big city will run long and hard all week about the Giants chances selling a ton of tickets. Third it hurt the Rockets chances at a big run this year ensuring four tought rounds of hockey to claim the big prize. No easy series for this team now.

Something you should realize - Having a trainload of fans from the other team in your building makes your fans better and your team better. Thats what makes it so much fun to go on the road. Good fun competition.

Quotes heard in your building last night................

"Rockets Suck" (repeated by hundreds - no surprise really)

"Is there anyone left in Kelowna" (by one of the ushers)

"You're number two" (no problem with that said it myself a few times)

I was a little surprised at the amount of catcalling last night. It didn't bother me as that what you expect on the road. Every Giant fan from 5 - 75 years old had a little something to say. The odd one thanked us for coming down for the game - the predominant quote was " you suck".

All in all it was a good trip and I will be happy to do it again for games 3 and 4. I'd say good luck to your team but that would be a lie - lets just say if you get by us I'll cheer for you all the way.

Go Rockets Go!!

rinkrat
03-20-2005, 10:57 AM
ask the Red Deer fans how we treat visiting fans that show respect.
SOME of the Rocket fans were stirring it up right from when the doors opened.By the way,in case you didn't notice the building was full,12,778(record).I think our fans already showed up" in droves"
Good luck in the post season,it will be fun.Hopefully Shaw telecasts this series!

Jovorock
03-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Hopefully Shaw telecasts this series!
Rumor has it that Shaw will televise the entire series, it will get good numbers.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Rumor has it that Shaw will televise the entire series, it will get good numbers.
Shaw said they'd do one series entirely. Without a doubt, THIS is the series to show. The Memo Cup champs vs the biggest TV market in the league. Throw in the fact that the hockey will be great and the crowds will be big, this one is the natural choice.

kelownakarl
03-20-2005, 12:59 PM
SOOOO
How was the bus trip? ANy good stories? Any good lies? How was everyone?

mccabe23
03-20-2005, 04:18 PM
SOOOO
How was the bus trip? ANy good stories? Any good lies? How was everyone?

The bus trip for me and my girlfriend was alot of fun. Had the chance to meet some wonderful folks on the bus and was able to finally meet Jared which was nice. People give Jared alot of BS and sure sometime he deserves it but WOW....he is a very polite, knowledgable fan and person. It was a pleasure to meet him.

On the way down to the coast, I was the lucky winner of an autographed Team Canada hat with the signatures of Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Ladd, Shea Weber, Jeff Glass and Nigel Dawes. We watched Dodgeball, did a 50/50 draw, and they gave away door prizes which was fun.

The bus ride into Coquitlam was intersting as we got to visit a residential area on the way to Lougheed mall. LOL Upon arriving at the mall, we were greeted by a group of kids with the infamous "Rockets Suck" chant for us. Hey, and least the recognized us! lol

Once we arrived at Pacific Collesium, we all gathered outside and let everyone know we were there! Lots of glares and language but a good time awaiting the opening of the arena. Had to love the Rocket fan with the cowboy hat and cap gun running up and down the sidewalk yelling "Go Rockets". Funny stuff!

The game was brutal and Kelowna just didn't play well. Smith was brutal as a ref but Kelowna deserved to lose anyway. Our chants were loud but it just made the Giants fans cheer louder and get their team going. Thought Schwarz played a good game. Some Giants fans were smoking weed in the second intermission behind us which was uncalled for. Some fans came and talked to us which was nice and don't get me wrong....there were a lot of nice Vancouver fans!

Shea Weber was sitting behind us and I was lucky to have him sign my jersey. Also talked to Kevin Reinholt for a bit. Kevin is such a nice kid and very soft spoken and polite. :thumb:

After the game was a little upsetting. Our buses weren't where we were suppose to meet them so we stood in the rain for a half hour while being tormented by Giants fans. We got mooned, fingured, elbowed and called a variety of words I won't share. A little unclassy as many of the Rockets fan were elderly. I had 15 year olds telling me off and 70 year olds! But it came as no suprise to me as it's expected when you bring two buses somewhere. We were all a little down after the game but we started chanting "Go Rockets Go" , "We have the Cup" and "We Need a Bus", which boosted our spirits.

The ride home was fairly quiet as we were all tired from a long day. Some guys played cards while others snored away. Our heroic bus driver stopped on the Coquahalla around 2am to help a person who blew a tire. Very decent of him! Way to go Warren!!!!! We arrived hom about 3:15 and a warm bed was the only thing on many of our minds.

All-in-all, a fantatsic bus trip and alot of fun. Kelowna really does have a great bunch of fans and until you talk to them, you wouldn't know. HUGE applause goes out to Deanne aka DoubleDee. She's getting some flak on the other board which she doesn't deserve. She's a very classy woman with a big heart and an awesome hockey fan! Anway....if you don't like this post and disagree with anything I said.....I DON'T CARE! This was my experience and how I saw the trip.

C.F
03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I will admit I over-reacted. I still will stand by what I said and say it was an unclassy move, considering our organization was honouring our 20 year olds. I'm sure it was tough not to cheer, I too was anxious for the puck to drop. Visiting fans are always welcome, and I bought 2 Rockets fans beer and we talked some hockey. Very knowledgeable fans.

I truly do apoligize for any harrassment you guys all recieved, but I suppose when 13,000 fans go to a sporting event where beer and tension is involved, there's bound to be trouble. And lets not forget, Kelowna fans visiting Vancouver aren't known to be that respectful after they win(which happens to be almost every time they play here).

rinkrat
03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
nicely put,Mccabe23,I'm glad you didn't bring up the rain yet!
By the way,you said someone was smoking weed behind you,AND you also said Shea Weber was sitting behind you!??lol ;) ;)
just kidding...

Teaps
03-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Mccabe, your recap of the trip was perfect. I mean, I do apologize for starting the go rockets thing during your awards ceremony, as i have a ton of respect for the giants organization and I did not realise what was going down on the ice, and I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like if some other fans came and started a chant while our 20's were being honored.

Damnit Mccabe, if i would have grabbed that ticket from you, that hat would be mine! LOL...Oh...btw...i havn't found it on EBay yet! LOL.....And if anybody wants parallel parking tips, go talk to our bus driver Warren, LOL, Geezus, I can't even parallel my car, forget a 50 foot bus LOL...I must admit, the good fans in vancouver overshadowed the bad ones, I remember having a convo with a couple in the first intermission having a smoke, and I smiled from there on out because they made me feel very welcome. When the cat calls started coming, i just smiled and though 8-1 vs the giants...Sheesh were good!

Teaps
03-20-2005, 05:42 PM
ROTFLMFAO RINKRAT!!! That is so bloody funny because Prior the the game starting mccabe and I saw the rocket's scratches, and we asked were shea was, and he was behind the curtain, stuck his hand out and waved, on our way out for a smoke, Mccabe turns to me and says "I'll bet you he's smoking weed up there!" HAHA That was too good Rinkrat!

rinkrat
03-20-2005, 07:30 PM
At least he wasn't reading Conseco's book back there!! :thumb:

mccabe23
03-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey Teaps, were you aware that we met Rinkrat aka Bobloblaw17 at the game Saturday? Remember before the warmup we were talking down by the benches to that older guy with the Giants jersey and son with the Rockets jersey? The father is none other than Bobloblaw17 aka Rinkrat! Small world eh?

Teaps
03-22-2005, 05:05 AM
Hmmm...soooooo RinkRat aka BoBloBlaw......What do you think of me now that you have met me in person?

rinkrat
03-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Teaps,you and Mccabe23 seemed like great fans! I chatted with Mccabe at the last Rockets game in town.I like to go down and chat with the opposition fans and take pictures of the opposition team,after all I have lots of Giants pics.I'm originally from Kelowna,my son has been detrimentally influenced by his Grandparents(still in kelowna) and insists on wearing his Rockets jersey!!
We get alot of wierd looks hanging out with opposing jerseys! I thought you might be Rocketfuel,but felt a little funny bringing up the subject.Nice to see you guys down for a game,hopefully you can come down for another one. :thumb:

Teaps
03-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I hope so...But if i do i wont be wearing to jersey...