PDA

View Full Version : fron the road

rdreb
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I have seen all the game so far on this trip,and have to say the kid are in every game.

Egner is even blocking shots(section-n)

The part that is hard to watch is the 20 year old,so far all the pen.minutes are beeing taken by them,at very stuips times.

The goailes have played great so far.

It looks like the D are starting to come togethor

Just a few note before I head out to Vancouver for the next 2 game. applause pbj

rdreb
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
What no reply S/N to Egener blocking shots.
This should get some action

I think he was the best D on the Road trip.

The D went down hill when they moved Morin to play D on the last 2 games.
imo.

The 20"s did nothing for the team but take stupid penalties.
I would like to see Morin and Jackson reasigned (imo)

Let the Vet's on the front end Sit for a few games and see how the game should be played

SectionNDeserter
11-12-2007, 08:29 PM
What no reply S/N to Egener blocking shots.
This should get some action

I think he was the best D on the Road trip.Weird, this post never showed up for me until now as a 'new post'. Maybe Egener is elevating his game in preparation for his imminent trade? :D Good to hear he is playing well on this road trip, but he was bad in his prior 145 games with us--4 games is a good start, but he still has a lot to prove.

The D went down hill when they moved Morin to play D on the last 2 games. imo.Seems to correspond with us picking up a new defenseman too....

I would like to see Morin and Jackson reasigned (imo)Morin needs to sit for a while at the very least, but Jackson is one of a handful of + players on our team.

snapshot
11-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Weird, this post never showed up for me until now as a 'new post'. Maybe Egener is elevating his game in preparation for his imminent trade? :D Good to hear he is playing well on this road trip, but he was bad in his prior 145 games with us--4 games is a good start, but he still has a lot to prove.
Seems to correspond with us picking up a new defenseman too....
Morin needs to sit for a while at the very least, but Jackson is one of a handful of + players on our team.

It's painfully obvious watching Jackson that his whole game is all about himself, and not the team. He doesn't move the puck until he has to. He slows the whole game down. It's obvious, he's going to look after his own personal stats and he won't make his defense partner look good. And he'll never make the Rebels a winning team. Players always wrestle with the concept, do they play as a team or do they play for their individual stats. Well with 10 D, you better make your stats look good if you wanna play, with the exception of Egner and Scarborough. And with a coaching strategy of 10 D, Jackson is a great fit for excelling at individual effort.

SectionNDeserter
11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
It's painfully obvious watching Jackson that his whole game is all about himself, and not the team. He doesn't move the puck until he has to. He slows the whole game down.I think this is really more of a rookie thing than a 'put-himself-before-the-team' thing. None of the rookies are really moving the puck until they absolutely have to, which I prefer to what one of the veterans is doing--moving it when there is nobody to move it to except the other team. That being said, Jackson is also an 18 year old rookie, and with that I do think that he really needs to be improving at a rate greater than what some of the other blueliners are, especially with how crowded it is back there, and I am not sure if he has accomplished that so far.