PDA

View Full Version : Warriors make a huge move/moves

Broncs in RD
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
WOW warriors get Frazer McLaren and Ellerby. I thought Dean would have made a move for Ellerby, for sure. Especially when all the Warriors gave up was Calla a guy who had only 10 points this year. I think we could have afforded a pick and a roster player for him. Warriors have improved their D and added a 20 goal guy who is a legit heavy in this league. Although the McLaren move might bite them next year cause they gave up alot of youth, but Ellerby WOW.
Who knows maybe a Ty Wishart from PG will become available????? for our Broncos

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Let Chad Lang make his weekly trades. The Warriors are not going to benefit even with a guy like Ellerby, if all they do is mess with their line chemistry.

Good thing for the trade deadline, otherwise those guys would never get used to playing together.

I should call Chad up and tell him I've got an Xbox 360 up for trade, he may just give me a second round pick for it.

hobster
11-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Maybe he can take my ps2 and he can give me a ps3 back in return and maybe we'll make 2 or more deals the next week haha

Flathead
11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I think the Warriors got what we need, another very good dman and a power forward that is also a heavyweight. The season is only 18 games old for the Warriors, they have lots of time to worry about team chemistry, better to do it now with lots of games left than at the trade deadline, if there is going to be any chemistry problems. IMO it's a trade that should help the Warriors.

CrazyGeorge
11-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Will Dean counter with a move as well? Do we have the toughness necessary whether it's forwards or d men? Is toughness a required element for any contending team? Part of me believes that we need some toughness but at what expence? Who would we deal to acquire anything of that nature is my biggest question. We have a fair bit of grit but not a lot of toughness. That's two different things in my opinion. I'm curious what others think.

Broncs in RD
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Well Crazy for 2 years I wanted Frazer McLaren he is a stand up kid, and a big, pretty quick, tough player. Anyway since we got Felde and Danseraue would be hard to fit in our line up especially being and O/A. However it seems Gabriel from Portland is available he is Big as well 6'5'' 225 a 19 y/o Dman. Or a Chris VanDuynhoven from PG an 18 Y/O Dman 6'5'' 242lbs, I am not to sure if he is really a heavy yet though. Not much else available for heavies. Unless we dip into the AJHL,BCJHL or the SJHL for a tough guy if Deans seems it is necessary.

CrazyGeorge
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
I was wondering about those exact same players from PG and Portland...good points and like you said, if Dean feels it being necessary. Thanks!!