PDA

View Full Version : Much deserved Blades win!

hobster
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
They took it to SC for most of the game and finally got rewarded for their efforts. They were down 3-1 until late in the 3rd and finally the pressure that Garrett Klotz and Kevin Philp were putting on SC all night wore down the Broncos as the Blades scored a couple late ones to force OT. Nothing was settled in OT but the Blades scored in the SO and SC didn't and the Blades win to go to 6-2 at home on the season. Next up is pay back for the wheaties!! Bring it on!

Trav
11-11-2007, 01:17 AM
for most of the game. the last half they kinda did but the first half the Broncos were out skating them. They played decent at the end and were able to get the win so that was good. Holtby let in two bad goals I thought though, 2nd and 3rd goals. Rest of the time he did good.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-11-2007, 12:23 PM
If the Blades can play with this type of urgency EVERY GAME,and also play a full 60 minutes(I know it is easier said than done) then the wins will come.

This mini home stand should be good for the guys,because they are now 6-2 at home. If they want to get noticed more,then they will also have to win on the road. Thinking positive is another key to success.

dodywood4ever
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
They took it to SC for most of the game and finally got rewarded for their efforts. They were down 3-1 until late in the 3rd and finally the pressure that Garrett Klotz and Kevin Philp were putting on SC all night wore down the Broncos as the Blades scored a couple late ones to force OT. Nothing was settled in OT but the Blades scored in the SO and SC didn't and the Blades win to go to 6-2 at home on the season. Next up is pay back for the wheaties!! Bring it on!

That about the most flawed recap of a game ive ever seen. Swifty let up the last ten and you guys took advantage. Sure as hell didnt "take it to" anybody the rest of the game. Got lucky that Gillies didnt get at least 2 for that hero check from behind on swiftys rookie defenceman. Least now I know not to take anything you type seriously. Thanks.

hobster
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
A little bitter are we

dodywood4ever
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I am a little bitter. But it doesnt change the fact that your recap is 90% crap. The Blades simply didnt take it to swifty for any part of the game except the last 10 minutes and thats when it mattered most. And Gillies did deserve at least 2 for that hit.

hobster
11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Too be fare i thought both teams played ok i just thought the Blades deserved that one, as they played more of a 60 minute game than the broncoes did... Who cares anyway that game is in the past now move on allready.

Tidball
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
That about the most flawed recap of a game ive ever seen. Swifty let up the last ten and you guys took advantage. Sure as hell didnt "take it to" anybody the rest of the game. Got lucky that Gillies didnt get at least 2 for that hero check from behind on swiftys rookie defenceman. Least now I know not to take anything you type seriously. Thanks.

Yeah thanks for letting me know not to take anything YOU say seriously as well. That wasnt a check from behind. Gillies hit him shoulder on shoulder, Rogers just fell badly. Learn your hockey before you post.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah thanks for letting me know not to take anything YOU say seriously as well. That wasnt a check from behind. Gillies hit him shoulder on shoulder, Rogers just fell badly. Learn your hockey before you post.

"Well I saw it this way, so your wrong. Learn your hockey!"

:skeptical

His knowledge of the game has nothing to do with it. The only difference between what you saw and what he saw is that he saw the play without his head up his ass. haha

And we have all seen golden boy's dirty charging elbows from behind many times before, so who are you trying to kid here? Give me a break. You looney 'toons never cease to surprise me with all that wonderful craziness. pbj

nivek_wahs
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey guys... Keep it civil! Thank you very much.

dodywood4ever
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM

Rogers fell funny because he was hit from behind into the boards. When all you can see is the players numbers and the back of his head it is called "hitting from behind". Shoulders arent located on a players back. Learn your anatomy before you post bud.

hobster
11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Rogers fell funny because he was hit from behind into the boards. When all you can see is the players numbers and the back of his head it is called "hitting from behind". Shoulders arent located on a players back. Learn your anatomy before you post bud. Geez would you like some cheese with that wine settle down slugger.... Gillies made a good check he is getting a hard time because hitting is almost out of hockey now it seems. He's not gonna change his style and Gillies never has the intent too injure anyone, so take a deep breath walk it off and move on .

Tidball
11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Rogers fell funny because he was hit from behind into the boards. When all you can see is the players numbers and the back of his head it is called "hitting from behind". Shoulders arent located on a players back. Learn your anatomy before you post bud.

I agree with your description that would clearly be a hit from behind. Unfortunately for you that not what happened. It was a shoulder to shoulder check. Rogers is new to the game and rather weak which is why he gets pushed around to easily. If Gillies was checking from behind, he woulda recieved a penalty, the refs in this league are on him like flys on poop. Clean hit, no penalty, case closed.

I actually SAW that game and the hit, nothing wrong as all.

howley
11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
seems like this discussion comes up every 4-5 games...

hobster
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Yes Gillies is really hated around the league

dodywood4ever
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I agree with your description that would clearly be a hit from behind. Unfortunately for you that not what happened. It was a shoulder to shoulder check. Rogers is new to the game and rather weak which is why he gets pushed around to easily. If Gillies was checking from behind, he woulda recieved a penalty, the refs in this league are on him like flys on poop. Clean hit, no penalty, case closed.

I actually SAW that game and the hit, nothing wrong as all.

Wonder why the refs are all over him? Cause of all those clean "shoulder" checks? Guess its just me.

p.s. Dody Wood hammers Tidball 9 times out of 10.