PDA

View Full Version : Brayden Schenn

sbtatter
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Back to his hitting best again today. It's hard to believe he's only 16. How good is he going to be? He continues to get scoring chances, as well as setting others up.... He projects to be a dominating force in the future.
I don't mean to harp on about him, but I know he's not getting much talk nationally yet as a prospect for the 09 draft, and he deserves some publicity. If he played in Calgary, Vancouver or the OHL I'm sure his name would be out there...

Brandonite
11-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Do we really need yet another thread on Brayden Schenn? I like the kid just as much as the next guy but there is already a thread on him is there not?

sbtatter
11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Do we really need yet another thread on Brayden Schenn? I like the kid just as much as the next guy but there is already a thread on him is there not? When you're the moderator you can police it in here!! It's not like Brandon's forum is overflowing with new threads every day, so relax and help spread the word about #10!!

Triton
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Do we really need yet another thread on Brayden Schenn? I like the kid just as much as the next guy but there is already a thread on him is there not?

Quit being sookie about everything here.

sbtatter
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
In related news, guess who's tied for the rookie scoring lead!!! Lazo's an 89 so Schenn as a 91 is doing extremely well!!
http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers&subType=2&season_id=229&&leagueId=26&lastActive=&singleSeason=

booboo
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
What the h--- is sookie?? I see Tayler Jordan a 6'5" forward that is 17 has requested a trade from Portland. Do we need this type of guy for the next few years to ride shotgun for some of our up and coming young guys. Might be worth looking into Kelly????? Heard of Matt Hallick or Derek Robinson??? clrkthj

Brandonite
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Quit being sookie about everything here.

What the hell is sookie?? All I am saying is that we already have a thread on the guy, why start another?! People have to remember, this kis is still only 16! You give him too much hype and its gonna go straight to his head and that is the last thing you want!!

Vik
11-13-2007, 02:18 AM
What the hell is sookie?? All I am saying is that we already have a thread on the guy, why start another?! People have to remember, this kis is still only 16! You give him too much hype and its gonna go straight to his head and that is the last thing you want!!
This kiss, this kiss
Unstoppable!

But anywho, I agree with you. Two threads on whlfans.ca and this kid is gonna have such a swelled head, it won't fit in his helmet!

Brandonite
11-13-2007, 06:32 AM
This kiss, this kiss
Unstoppable!

But anywho, I agree with you. Two threads on whlfans.ca and this kid is gonna have such a swelled head, it won't fit in his helmet!

Thank-you!! That's all I am saying! I like the kid alot and think he is going to be a great player in this league but anything can happen! Who knows, he could come back next season and be a total different player and struggle find the scoresheet. The future looks great yes, but you just dont know at the age of 16! And I think we would all agree, noboby likes a cocky kid walking around with a head the size of beachball which is exactly what could also happen. Just saying...

Brandonite
11-13-2007, 06:36 AM
This kiss, this kiss
Unstoppable!

And actually for the record, there is actually 3 threads on him now.

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Thank-you!! That's all I am saying! I like the kid alot and think he is going to be a great player in this league but anything can happen! Who knows, he could come back next season and be a total different player and struggle find the scoresheet. The future looks great yes, but you just dont know at the age of 16! And I think we would all agree, noboby likes a cocky kid walking around with a head the size of beachball which is exactly what could also happen. Just saying...As if he has even heard of this forum!!

Brandonite
11-13-2007, 07:32 AM
As if he has even heard of this forum!!

Why not? Apparently lots of players visit this site as I have been told by Mods in the past. Also all it takes is to go to google.com and type in "WHL MESSAGE BOARD" and boom! Thats how I found it, it aint that hard.

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Why not? Apparently lots of players visit this site as I have been told by Mods in the past. Also all it takes is to go to google.com and type in "WHL MESSAGE BOARD" and boom! Thats how I found it, it aint that hard. Even if he read it here, do you think he doesn't already know that he's good? Maybe he shouldn't have been awarded the 3 star award the other night b/c that might make his head swell!!!! Let's face facts, he's a talented player who has the potential to go far. If this post swells his ego, then he realistically doesn't have the temperment to make it anyway. I'm going to enjoy watching him play, and I'm going to pimp him out there along the way, try and get some attention for him .....

dagley
11-13-2007, 08:23 AM
I think its a good thing he isn't getting much publicity, as it can get in a 16 year olds head...you have to remember he's still in school and the last thing he needs is a Tyler Dittmer attitude (For you that dont know, he never did anything in HS cause he said he was going to play pro)

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I think its a good thing he isn't getting much publicity, as it can get in a 16 year olds head...you have to remember he's still in school and the last thing he needs is a Tyler Dittmer attitude (For you that dont know, he never did anything in HS cause he said he was going to play pro)
Ya, I know where you guys are coming from, but I think Schenn is different then Dittmer, he's got an older brother in the league with a level head that'll keep him on an even keel. But just to keep everyone happy, I'll restrict my praise to maybe one post a week!!!

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
At the risk of inflating Schenn's ego, I just wanted to point out that he's made the U17 team West for the tourney after Xmas. As have his team mates Glennies, Melnychuk and WK property Graham Hildebrand.

Triton
11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
You have a link where I could see all the players named?

WorkHorse
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
At the risk of inflating Schenn's ego, I just wanted to point out that he's made the U17 team West for the tourney after Xmas. As have his team mates Glennies, Melnychuk and WK property Graham Hildebrand.

While we certainly congratulate them & wish them the best in the Under 17, Schenn, Glennie & Melnychuk will certainly be missed during the 5 games they're likely to miss (3 of which are on a central road trip). Not often that players selected for Under 17 are such impact players for their Junior teams as rookies!!

Vik
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Thank-you!! That's all I am saying! I like the kid alot and think he is going to be a great player in this league but anything can happen! Who knows, he could come back next season and be a total different player and struggle find the scoresheet. The future looks great yes, but you just dont know at the age of 16! And I think we would all agree, noboby likes a cocky kid walking around with a head the size of beachball which is exactly what could also happen. Just saying...
I was actually joking.

Brandonite
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I was actually joking.
Well I wasnt...I went to school with players in the past and as soon as they start to read their names in papers and such it goes right to the head!! Like it was said, these kids are still in school and we dont need another Tyler Dittmer or Btyan Kauk on this team who walk around thinking they are everything!! And for the record, there was 5 threads on him now up to when one of the mods finally deleted one of them! 5 threads on anyone is ridiculous

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Well I wasnt...I went to school with players in the past and as soon as they start to read their names in papers and such it goes right to the head!! Like it was said, these kids are still in school and we dont need another Tyler Dittmer or Btyan Kauk on this team who walk around thinking they are everything!! And for the record, there was 5 threads on him now up to when one of the mods finally deleted one of them! 5 threads on anyone is ridiculous
Where do you draw the line though? Can I stand up and cheer a player, or does that inflate his ego to much? How about all the press he get's in the Sun? I think this is part of Brandon's problem with such a quiet rink, people are afraid to cheer. Let's boast about our good players, let's not be shy and rely on character players like Schenn to handle the praise. I can't believe anyone ever pumped Kauk up!!!

Brandonite
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Where do you draw the line though? Can I stand up and cheer a player, or does that inflate his ego to much? How about all the press he get's in the Sun? I think this is part of Brandon's problem with such a quiet rink, people are afraid to cheer. Let's boast about our good players, let's not be shy and rely on character players like Schenn to handle the praise. I can't believe anyone ever pumped Kauk up!!!

Your completely miss-understanding me...obviously if you go to a game, you should cheer for your team and show support for your team which is what all great fans do!! Comparing how loud we cheer for him on the ice and how many threads are on Schenn on whlfans.ca is not even close. Thats what I am saying. Support your players yes, but keep it maintained as in dontoverkill because it will only hurt his ego at such a young age! Its expected! As for Kauk, I remember heering him saying how he wasnt even going to play MJHL, and that he was going straight to Major Junior and then play pro. If both Dittmer & Kauk had better attitudes when they first came to the WHL, they both would have had much better Junior careers.

Vik
11-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Your completely miss-understanding me...obviously if you go to a game, you should cheer for your team and show support for your team which is what all great fans do!! Comparing how loud we cheer for him on the ice and how many threads are on Schenn on whlfans.ca is not even close. Thats what I am saying. Support your players yes, but keep it maintained as in dontoverkill because it will only hurt his ego at such a young age! Its expected! As for Kauk, I remember heering him saying how he wasnt even going to play MJHL, and that he was going straight to Major Junior and then play pro. If both Dittmer & Kauk had better attitudes when they first came to the WHL, they both would have had much better Junior careers.
Attitude doesn't make up for a lack of skill so I can't see Kauk being any different.

Brandonite
11-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Attitude doesn't make up for a lack of skill so I can't see Kauk being any different.

Your right in a sence! A guy like Bryan Kauk was not fit for the WHL and it clearly showed in the 3 years he played and with the 3 teams he played for. Even so with Tyler Dittmer, besides this season Dittmer has done nothing at all and was a major question as to whether or not he would be here this season at all. Dittmer is having a good season because he has put hard work in this offseason and changed his entire attitude and it is paying off for him. Kauk was healthy scrathed many times last season for various reasons, and some of it had to do with his attitude. AAA is not the same as Major Junior and lots of players have a hell of a time adjusting from that jump. Some succeed, and some don't.