PDA

View Full Version : Regina @ Brandon

Tadaa
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Did anyone see this one? I noticed it was Smith and Agar reffing and I also noticed that Jordan Eberle got his first penalty of the year??? Whats with that?

witness
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Attribute Eberle's penality to the referee dual. Alone these guys are brutal, but together ...

Too bad for the Brandon fans. Should have been a great game. But with these guys refereeing. If it was anything like the game they did in Regina the night before, there was no flow because of the consistent head scratching penalities (for both sides).

dagley
11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
By far the most boring game of the year.

Fight Guy
Or lack there of. Edmonton only got two penalties. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they got away with and the Pats got called for. I was actually really surprised to see the same reffing duo the following day. Usually if there's one ref, it is someone different.

Fight Guy
And someone please tell me how Kraus got a double minor for tripping??? Boogaard'd

sbtatter
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
And someone please tell me how Kraus got a double minor for tripping??? Boogaard'd He had a moment of madness and slashed Clark and then mouthed off to the ref after the call.....Probably should have gone on the game sheet as 2 fpr a trip and 2 for a slash. He was lucky The linesman held Erb away from him.
But the ref's didn't let the game flow at all, worst game of the year to watch, apart from Schenn's hits!!

JDubb
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
He had a moment of madness and slashed Clark and then mouthed off to the ref after the call.....Probably should have gone on the game sheet as 2 fpr a trip and 2 for a slash. He was lucky The linesman held Erb away from him.
But the ref's didn't let the game flow at all, worst game of the year to watch, apart from Schenn's hits!!

If it showed in the box score as a double minor for tripping, that was wrong. It was announced as one for tripping and one for interference. His stick got tied up with a Wheatie and in fact he lost his stick on the play (so I was thinking it would have been a hook as it was under the guy's arms) and then he was mad at the call that he got in the face of a Wheatie. I thought it would have been called roughing, but interference was the call on the ice.

I thought the game was okay, but maybe that is just because I saw the same officials the night before and the flow was a bit better, but inconsistent would definitely be accurate.

Eberle gets a penalty for holding the stick, lol. I wonder if he can hit sometimes...haha

sbtatter
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM
A couple times Kraus made amazing moves, then he was invisible on other shifts.