PDA

View Full Version : Brandon in S'toon

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 04:43 PM
So game reports from anyone tonight would be appreciated. Especially interested to see how Green fits in on Schenn's line with the absence of Glennie.

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
No Clark (top scorer) or Glennie in the line up, could be interesting!!!!

hobster
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
No Niemi still for the Blades our best d-man .

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
No Niemi still for the Blades our best d-man . What's his injury?

hobster
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
It's a wrist injury it must be from his cannon of a shot he has. He's been out the last 8 games has 10 points in 12 games from defence, and 6 of them are goals....

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
It's a wrist injury it must be from his cannon of a shot he has. He's been out the last 8 games has 10 points in 12 games from defence, and 6 of them are goals....
Honest question, not digging at you, but why aren't you at the game tonight?

hobster
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
For one i don't have a car and another im not busing a hour and half too the cuc---happy now ?

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
For one i don't have a car and another im not busing a hour and half too the cuc---happy now ?
I said don't take it the wrong way!! It's just for a guy who is quite opiniated I figured you must go to all the games, but no worries.
I'm watchibg the game and the WK's are generating offence on the powerplay but not so much even handed

hobster
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't have a car right now it's injured probablly a day to day situation lol.... I don't have season tix but i do make it too about 22 games or so a season so more than half i guess. As for tonights game Holtby is standing on his head, i thought with your 2 fowards out it would make it easier on us but nopers....

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't have a car right now it's injured probablly a day to day situation lol.... I don't have season tix but i do make it too about 22 games or so a season so more than half i guess. As for tonights game Holtby is standing on his head, i thought with your 2 fowards out it would make it easier on us but nopers....He's playing so well we won't score.

hobster
11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Ok now caliguri has robbed the Blades on several chances, goaltending show tonight.

hobster
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Now that sounded like a great game tonight both goalies played amazing ! it could have easilly been 5-4 -6-5. Nice too see the Blades score 3 even strenth goals instead of relying on there pp every game. Now next the Blades have 3 games in 3 nights this weekend against very tough teams... Lethbridge Calgary and Swifty, Blades are now 7-2 at home if only we could win some road games geesh ...

sbtatter
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Good speed and forecheck by the Blades, great goaltending by Holtby. I was surprised at how many shots the WK's generated without 25% of their goals in the lineup. Good game by both teams.

wango tango
11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Good speed and forecheck by the Blades, great goaltending by Holtby. I was surprised at how many shots the WK's generated without 25% of their goals in the lineup. Good game by both teams.

holtby and caligiuri (sp?) were both tremendous for their teams. brandon seemed to struggle with the blades forecheck and defensive zone play, mostly in the first two periods. saskatoon sat back a bit in the third and it almost cost them. good lesson there, don't take your foot off of the gas, especially when the team has alot of speed like brandon and can generate chances quickly.

positives for the blades. the continued strong play of the gillies-durand-fiala line. mccrae and hulak generating more chances, it's starting to feel like a matter of time before they break out. elliot far more poised and polished than a 16 year old raw rookie should be. flatters is a solid physical defenseman. holtby rounding into the form that is expected of him, 'nuff said.

positives for the wheaties. caligiuri was excellent. greene played well in place of an injured glennie. despite fighting the puck and not getting bounces brandon kept competing and gave themselves a chance in the third. brandon was still dangerous even without clark and glennie, good depth there.

sbtatter
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
holtby and caligiuri (sp?) were both tremendous for their teams. brandon seemed to struggle with the blades forecheck and defensive zone play, mostly in the first two periods. saskatoon sat back a bit in the third and it almost cost them. good lesson there, don't take your foot off of the gas, especially when the team has alot of speed like brandon and can generate chances quickly.

positives for the blades. the continued strong play of the gillies-durand-fiala line. mccrae and hulak generating more chances, it's starting to feel like a matter of time before they break out. elliot far more poised and polished than a 16 year old raw rookie should be. flatters is a solid physical defenseman. holtby rounding into the form that is expected of him, 'nuff said.

positives for the wheaties. caligiuri was excellent. greene played well in place of an injured glennie. despite fighting the puck and not getting bounces brandon kept competing and gave themselves a chance in the third. brandon was still dangerous even without clark and glennie, good depth there. Thanks for the review!! I only watched it on the web, but I thought the Blades had a very aggressive forecheck that stopped Brandon's transition game. Elliot looks great. Gillies can skate like the wind but just doesn't seem sure of what to do with the puck in the offensive zone yet. You seem way better than a sub .500 team....

wango tango
11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
i think the blades are better than their record shows. i don't know if they're capable of a top four in the conference finish like molleken set the goal for at the beginning of the season, but are capable of finishing 7th or 8th in the conference.

this three games in three nights weekend will go a long way to showing what this team is or isn't capable of. lethbridge friday, calgary saturday, and swift current sunday.

i haven't seen one team in the east division that looks so much better than another. the east standings could be tightening up in the middle third of the season.

hobster
11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Your right the Blades are way better than there record showes they could have easilly won 3 games on that american trip. I just hope going 0 for 5 on that U.S swing doesn't come back too nip us in the but. Really good too see the Blades get 3 even strenth goals last night instead of just scoring all there goals on the PP. If there 5on 5 play can play the way they did last night and we score a couple on the pp every game things are gonna be looking up.... As for the weekend games im looking foward too seeing Lethbirdges explosive offense should be interesting. As for the Hitmen i think we owe them one after we out played them and too only lose 4-1, then sunday were in Swifty so i think 3 or 4 points from this weekend ould suite me just well.