PDA

View Full Version : Herrod makes U17

Triton
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Not sure who else on the team made U17 teams but congrats to Herrod.

Winnipeg, MB – Hockey Manitoba and the Saskatchewan Hockey Association are proud to announce the members for Team West who will be competing in the Under 17 World Hockey Challenge in London, Ontario from December 29, 2007 to January 4, 2008.

The announcement of the final roster, which includes 11 players from Saskatchewan and 11 players from Manitoba, concludes a lengthy selection process that has been going on in both provinces. Players first take part in regional camps. The top players from each region then compete against each other in a Spring Tournament, and from there, the top players attend a Summer Camp. Eleven (11) players are then chosen from each of the Manitoba and Saskatchewan Branches to form Team West.

Team West will look to continue their strong showing at this event, and will contend for a medal. The coaching staff is confident in this team’s abilities. Assistant coach Chris Yaschyshyn (Morden, Manitoba) feels we have the team to do just that. “We are looking to continue the high standard set by past teams, and we feel we have the right players to do just that” Yaschyshyn explained.

Representing Manitoba on this year’s Team West are the following players: Paul Bonar, Brett Chartier, Cody Eakin, Jason Gardiner, Scott Glennie, James Henry, Adam Hughesman, Matthew Krahn, Alexander Pym, Paul Sohor and Mason Wilgosh.

Joining the Manitoba players will be the Saskatchewan contingent of: Carter Ashton, Jimmy Bubnick, Jared Cowen, Brandon Herrod, Graham Hildebrand, Brayden McNabb, Brodie Melnychuk, Garrett Mitchell, Dominic Perrault, Brayden Schenn and Linden Vey.

Team West departs for London on December 26th and will see its first action in an exhibition game against Finland on Friday, December 28th. Tournament play begins Saturday, December 29th versus Germany.

eye4aneye
11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
pbj I am a fan of Herrod....Way to go!! Congrats :groovy:

Dwight Schrute
11-14-2007, 03:45 AM
am i wrong or wasnt palazzo the last raider to play in this tourney ? cant remember if tendler did last year

eye4aneye
11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
am i wrong or wasnt palazzo the last raider to play in this tourney ? cant remember if tendler did last year
Palazzo was the last Raider to play in this tourney.

I googled it!!!! :thumb:

Triton
11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Wasn't it Tendler who played for Team Sask at the Winter games?

eye4aneye
11-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Wasn't it Tendler who played for Team Sask at the Winter games?
I dunno google it..... Boogaard'd

Ya he was.....alot of people use this new thing called GOOGLE when wanting questions answered online. It works real well for things like this!! dancing pi

Triton
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
I dunno google it..... Boogaard'd

Ya he was.....alot of people use this new thing called GOOGLE when wanting questions answered online. It works real well for things like this!! dancing pi

Why be a smartass?

TheSnowman
11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Tendler and Trach were both on that team.

Triton
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Tendler and Trach were both on that team.

Thanks.

eye4aneye
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Why be a smartass?
Touche

Dwight Schrute
11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
isnt the world under17 and the canada winter games a little differant though

eye4aneye
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
very different tournaments. the canada games there are a larger cross of age groups, all national talent. where the under 17's of course have the several canadian teams as well as teams from other parts of the world. Good opportunity for scouts on various levels to see some of the europeans and american's play in one tourney. I heard that there is a good tourney in the hat this weekend for bantams.

raider guy
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
there was no under 17 tournament canada games takes it place, tendler captained that team

eye4aneye
11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
there was no under 17 tournament canada games takes it place, tendler captained that team
The Canada Winter Games are like the Olympics. Held every 4 years. Bids are happening right now for the 2011 games. 2007 was in Whitehorse.

The only time the under 17 worlds do not occur if it is a Canada Winter Games year.

Sabes
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Ryan Button has been named to team Pacific

Dwight Schrute
11-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Ryan Button has been named to team Pacific
what about penner ?

Sabes
11-16-2007, 06:46 PM
what about penner ?

Penner did not make it.