PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

RDRebelsfan
11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
On WHL website, Carter Smith is listed on the Rebels site. Did we just pick him up for nothing or what?

RebelsFan
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
He was at practice yesterday and will be in the lineup tonight according to the website. As far as I know he wasn't part of any trade, just listed.

RDRebelsfan
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
thought so.

witness
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Everett dropped him from their list. Good kid. Never really lived up to his potential.
Just a note from last year. Was the driver of the car that was in the accident. He was an absolute mess, riddled with guilt on the condition of his good buddy Garrett Robinson. As much as I will give the MJ organization credit for the way they have handled the Robinson situation, they really didn't do right by Smith. He really needed to go home for a personal leave to sort things out and try to put things back into perspective. To trade him to Everett, even further from home, was very hard for him. He ended up leaving the team to play in the SJHL and closer to home.
I am glad that somebody is giving the kid another chance.

RDRebelsfan
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
hopefully he does well for us, and hopefully he's one of those players that comes from out of no where and is able to help score.

agent
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
He is a skilled player who never really had an opportunity , The fans in Red Deer will like him.

Rebel66
11-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Well that's a great start for him, scoring the winning goal tonight against Edmonton. Very nice...........

JustMe
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Firstly Good job Rebels Winning - long time coming. But where are the young 'uns? We need some energy spurts and enthusiasm now. Joel Kot, Coetzee, ......someone with lots of jump in the step. Have to play em so they can improve, learn, contribute.......get confidence. Love watching someone that wants to play and works hard. That you cannot teach. Edwards now you see him then you don't what's up? Brandon pull your shoulders back young man, and look like you want to skate or at least be on the team. Good contributor point wise but doesn't look like you wanna be there from the sideline. Doucet has some jump, now just improve the peripheral vision and he'll be all set. JD give your other team members a chance on the ice!!! You cannot skate two shifts and then expect to have oomph!!! Get off and give fresh legs a turn. Never gonna look good that way.......Oh.....and stay out of the penalty box. New kid skating reminds me lots of Bauers same style not much there skating-skill wise but nevertheless Good goal at end there way to go. A lot of hard workers there on the team and I see positive things. Nice addition to the D another young Un.... How about 10 D men..... First complain cause there is not enough good D now what?????? Still a puzzle.....all the pieces need to be put together I guess...
Just my 2cents...... :spineyes:

hockey4
11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Firstly Good job Rebels Winning - long time coming. But where are the young 'uns? We need some energy spurts and enthusiasm now. Joel Kot, Coetzee, ......someone with lots of jump in the step. Have to play em so they can improve, learn, contribute.......get confidence. Love watching someone that wants to play and works hard. That you cannot teach. Edwards now you see him then you don't what's up? Brandon pull your shoulders back young man, and look like you want to skate or at least be on the team. Good contributor point wise but doesn't look like you wanna be there from the sideline. Doucet has some jump, now just improve the peripheral vision and he'll be all set. JD give your other team members a chance on the ice!!! You cannot skate two shifts and then expect to have oomph!!! Get off and give fresh legs a turn. Never gonna look good that way.......Oh.....and stay out of the penalty box. New kid skating reminds me lots of Bauers same style not much there skating-skill wise but nevertheless Good goal at end there way to go. A lot of hard workers there on the team and I see positive things. Nice addition to the D another young Un.... How about 10 D men..... First complain cause there is not enough good D now what?????? Still a puzzle.....all the pieces need to be put together I guess...
Just my 2cents...... :spineyes:

A few things. Im guessing Kot is hurt because there is zero reason why he wouldnt have played other than a ouwy. and i think coetzee was probbaly just the odd man out, giving the other kids a chance to play. Edwards, Krygovich, Penny, Scarborough, Ferraro, Polak, Jackson, Weller, Strong, Morrin, there is no shortage of kids out there. And im not sure on your feelings for sutter. Watchign the game on tv, he was one of the few players who i thought actually gave it his all, And jusging by his points production during the bc road trip, i think its eveident "he wants to be here". i dont think theres a player on the team other than ferraro who has the skills or hockey sense to play with him.

Yes watt has been frustarting to watch, bad penalites. thank god all we gave up for him was berube.

SectionNDeserter
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Firstly Good job Rebels Winning - long time coming. But where are the young 'uns?I think that even now we are starting to see a few of these guys look better and better as the season goes on. One guy that I have really noticed of late is Kgrovich, he is really working hard, hitting everything that moves, and getting the odd chance/point.

Nice addition to the D another young Un.... How about 10 D men..... First complain cause there is not enough good D now what??????We have 10 defensemen, but none of them have shown themselves to be overly dominant (yet), maybe in getting 10 of them they are just trying to improve the odds? :D