PDA

View Full Version : Motivate

puckmam
11-15-2007, 06:36 AM
These kids need a motivational speaker to help them out of this slump. I doubt the locker room 'talks' are helping. Someone needs to tell them they can do it

habsfan12
11-15-2007, 08:25 AM
that is exactly right.. to be honest i dont think that there is any talk in the dressing room.. i think the Cougars need a good week of rest and a couple good days of bonding, then maybe they could come back and play as a team...

Sput
11-16-2007, 02:54 AM
The team needs to sit down and remember why they are playing hockey. Is it to appease the fans? Is it to keep their Moms and Dads happy? Could it be that hockey is a game that these guys used to love, and happen to be pretty good at playing? I don't really know what has happened, but whatever they were doing on the prairies, they seem to have forgotten ALL of it.

I know winning isn't everything, but it sure is a good motivator. Once you get used to losing, you may as well give up playing. These guys, as well as the coaching staff and management, need to realize that there are a little over 2200 fairly solid fans that spend a good chunk of change to watch WHL hockey in PG. We do understand that there is cycles and ups and downs to junior hockey, but come on now.....if this is what management will have us believe is a rebuilding year, why is this current roster the third oldest in the league?

Patience is wearing thin with to many people here right now. I know you can't put the blame on one or two players, and I'm not going to give any names here, but some guys should start getting worried about their jobs and careers in hockey. A number of solid fans I talk to are ready to give up on this team. The play has been very lackluster, and unemotional to say the least. The coaches seem to have no idea how to motivate these guys, not that I think they should need to be motivated at this level. The guys have to find it in themselves.

WestLEAFfan
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Sput, I'm curious which players you believe are on their way out? PM me, I'd really like to know as I have my suspisions as well.

LinkGaetzFan
11-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I went to see PG last night in Spokane, and I must say, they just gave up and showed no motivation just like this thread states. There were a couple fights at the end of the game so some of them are trying.

cranky
11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
that was my impression as well......

i thought real cyr was by far and away the number one star.......could've easily been double figures for the spoke

TwoBits
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
You don't think it could be possible that the team is not playing on purpose? It's been known to happen when the team is not happy with coaching staff or management. I'm too far from the situation to know if this is even plausible, what do you think PG people?

TwoBits
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM
that was my impression as well......

i thought real cyr was by far and away the number one star.......could've easily been double figures for the spoke

Thanks Cranky, it's really hard to make a proper judgement just by looking at the score sheet. How do the cougs look? Like they are dragging? Disorganized? Lackluster? Was most of the play in the PG end all night?

WestLEAFfan
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=cranky
i thought real cyr was by far and away the number one star.......could've easily been double figures for the spoke[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been saying for quite some time now. Thanks for the positive re-inforcement! :wave: