PDA

View Full Version : Blades pick up 19 year old foward from vancouver

hobster
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Blades Acquire Reich from Giants

The Saskatoon Blades have acquired 19 year old centre Mike Reich from the Vancouver Giants in exchange for a 7th round selection in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

Reich was originally a 1st round draft pick of the Spokane Chiefs, 8th overall, in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft and is currently in his 4th full season in the Western Hockey League. The 5’11”, 192 pound forward is from Craik, SK.

In 176 career games, Reich has accumulated 27 goals and 17 assists for 44 points to go along with 435 penalty minutes.

“Mike will add experience to our team and has always been a difficult player to play against,” commented Blades General Manager/Head Coach Lorne Molleken. “He is a guy that will add some grit and determination to our line-up and we welcome him to the Saskatoon Blades organization.”

Reich could be in the Blades line-up as early Saturday night.

hobster
11-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Strong move in my mind he is a gritty little spark plug that will add leadership too our team. I think he could be a super pest for other teams in the east .This is a great fit too the team, i could see Mike Reich playing on the second line with McCrae and Hulak .

howley
11-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't mind this trade. Didn't really lose a heck of a lot to get him. He was not really of use in Vancouver. Do the Blades need another gritty player who is willing to drop the gloves more often than not? I think he does have a bit of an offensive upside though. I would think this trade would have never happened if Troy Crowley was kicking around still. Man I would of liked to see him play out his jr career.

hobster
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Just curious as too where Lorne will put Mike Reich in our lineup ,i would love too see him with Hulak and McCrae it takes presure off of Wintoeak and Toomey too be on the first line that way.

Dwight Schrute
11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't mind this trade. Didn't really lose a heck of a lot to get him. He was not really of use in Vancouver. Do the Blades need another gritty player who is willing to drop the gloves more often than not? I think he does have a bit of an offensive upside though. I would think this trade would have never happened if Troy Crowley was kicking around still. Man I would of liked to see him play out his jr career.
what happenned with him ?

localguy
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Has mor eto do wiht the kid coming up from bcjhl, name escapes me, but it;s a mouthful. One less roster spot, and Riech is to good to outright release.

howley
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Decided to focus on school.

I thought he was playing closer to home in the MJHL but it doesn't look like it.

Trav
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Surprised the Blades didnt give up much to get him. Good deal as he is a pest. If he can stay out of the penalty box and be a pest and put up some points at the same time then great.

old_time_hockey
11-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Has mor eto do wiht the kid coming up from bcjhl, name escapes me, but it;s a mouthful. One less roster spot, and Riech is to good to outright release.

You mean Casey Pierro-Zabotel? We are going to call him the Hyphen haha :laugh: