PDA

View Full Version : Mike Reich traded to Saskatoon

Giants_24
11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Blades Acquire Forward from the Vancouver Giants

The Saskatoon Blades have acquired 19 year old centre Mike Reich from the Vancouver Giants in exchange for a 7th round selection in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

Link: http://whl.ca/news/?id=8023

dondo
11-17-2007, 02:03 AM
a reminder

Vancouver and Regina
To Vancouver: Craig Schira (19 yr old D) Mike Reich (19 yr old, C)
To Tri-Cities: Juraj Valach (19 yr Old, D), Tim Kraus (20 yr old, C)

how far his value has dropped in a couple of months --

I liked Reich, he plays hard every shift, but maybe he wasn't going to get the kind of ice-time they felt he deserved. I feels like they just wanted "something" for him and a 7th round is worth bubkis -- its not like this is 20 yr old grinder-type, he's 19 -- pretty sure Valach or Kraus are still worth more than a 7th.

Really a poor trade and a waste of an asset in my mind, but maybe that's all Bonner could get. It feels like there's more of a story here. I'd like to know some of the details leading up to this deal.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok other than this being a homecoming for Mr.Reich,and a probably a chance for him to get more ice time, we both know that he is just another grinder/fighter,and God knows Lorne Molleken loves those types of guys and probably jumped at the chance to get Reich. The Blades already have Klotz,and Philp but since Philp broke his jaw(and is out indefinatly) Reich is filling in nicely,he fought Deven LeBlanc from PA more than a few times this weekend. So use the draft pick wisely. That is even if you guys do use it. Maybe Craig Schira will get traded to Saskatoon next? haha I would really love that.

dondo
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
nope .. we'll keep Schira a while longer. He's fitting into the line-up quite well. :thumb: