PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's game

puckmam
11-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Good job Cyr. 44 saves may not have done it but great job.

WestLEAFfan
11-17-2007, 06:54 AM
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104564&Itemid=564

Cougars losing woes continue
(Sports) Saturday, 17 November 2007, 01:16 PST
TED CLARKE Citizen staff
Make it an unlucky seven.

The Prince George Cougars rolled the dice hoping to end a six-game Western Hockey league losing streak and came up with snake eyes Friday night in Kennewick, Wash.

The Tri-City Americans played unwelcoming hosts, defeating the Cats 3-2 to extend their losing skid to seven games.

As has been the case several times this season, the Cougars were at their worst in the second period, getting outshot 19-3 and outscored 2-0. Kruise Reddick gave the Americans a 2-1 lead on the power play early in the period, connecting on a cross-ice feed from Johnny Lazo. If not for the play of Cougars goalie Real Cyr, who stopped Lazo on a breakaway and followed up with the rebound save, it would have been all but over for the Cats by the second intermission. Tri-City defenceman Jarrett Toll gave the Cats something else to think about in the dressing room when he stole the puck from the Cougars’ veteran defenceman Kalvin Sagert and picked the corner high on Cyr for a shorthanded goal with just 10 seconds left in the period.

The Cougars (9-16-0-0) weren’t quite dead and they did make it interesting early in the third when defenceman Patrik Magnusson scored his second of the game and third of his WHL career with a wrist shot from the point that handcuffed Americans goalie Kyle Birch.

The Cats got Cyr to the bench and generated some pressure on Birch in the dying seconds, but it wasn’t enough. Colton Yellow Horn came close to his second goal of the game when he rattled a shot at the empty net off the post.

Cyr was spectacular at times, making 44 saves as the Cougars were outshot 47-20.

“That was by far the best game Real Cyr has played all year,” said Cougars head coach Drew Schoneck. “We get good goaltending and don’t play well in front of that, and then we get sketchy goaltending and we play well. We need to be grittier.”

Way to go buddy. Make the brass' decision a tough one. Never quit my friend. We still believe in you back home. We all know you are not the only one at fault. You are still our "Real" hometown hero! applause

habsfan12
11-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Thats true Leafsfan.. he are still the hometown hero and always will be while you are having a great hockey carreer!! Good Job Cyrsie, Great Game!

puckmam
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
We still believe in him in PG. He was our hero last season and after last night's efforts I'd say he's back in his game :bounce:

TwoBits
11-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Whew, breathing a big sigh of relief here. Now if we can only generate a few more scoring opportunities, we might just be back on track. Good game Cyrsie, keep up the good work. :groovy:

WestLEAFfan
11-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Whew, breathing a big sigh of relief here. Now if we can only generate a few more scoring opportunities, we might just be back on track. Good game Cyrsie, keep up the good work. :groovy:

13 shots? The COUGARS were outshot by a wide margin of 3 - 1. How can CYR be blamed for this loss? I'm sure management will try to find a way. Shame on you Mr. Thompson. :burningma

John
11-18-2007, 08:09 AM
PG need players with heart like last years Setoguchi,Drazenovic,Hunter,Rapac

WestLEAFfan
11-18-2007, 08:21 AM
I think the boys are beginning to tune out the coaches. All I Know for sure is that CYR is not the only player at fault. There are other vets on the team as well.

puckmam
11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
PG need players with heart like last years Setoguchi,Drazenovic,Hunter,Rapac
If you watch them play they have no desire to win. Seto and Draz are doing great with their teams. Is Rapac overage?

John
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM
If you watch them play they have no desire to win. Seto and Draz are doing great with their teams. Is Rapac overage?
He is 20.

puckmam
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
He is 20.
There was a rumour he might come back

TwoBits
11-23-2007, 12:12 AM
There was a rumour he might come back

That would mean Cyr, Sagert or Gardner would have to go to make room for him. Where is Rapac right now?

John
11-23-2007, 04:47 AM
That would mean Cyr, Sagert or Gardner would have to go to make room for him. Where is Rapac right now?http://www.hcbilitygri.cz/hrac.asp?id=567 He play in Czech pro league.

WestLEAFfan
11-23-2007, 06:51 AM
That would mean Cyr, Sagert or Gardner would have to go to make room for him. Where is Rapac right now?

CYR is not going anywhere. He's one of few that still have the desire to win and play on that team.

puckmam
11-23-2007, 07:49 AM
CYR is not going anywhere. He's one of few that still have the desire to win and play on that team.
TRUE!! There may be some grumbling about him but I don't think the powers that be are listening (relieved)

John
11-23-2007, 08:15 AM
I dont think Rapac come back,its too late but never now.

puckmam
11-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Apparently he isn't happy and misses it here. Stranger moves have been done before. If they all get healthy they should be fine and get on track.

TwoBits
11-23-2007, 10:05 AM
TRUE!! There may be some grumbling about him but I don't think the powers that be are listening (relieved)

You hit the nail on the head. :)