PDA

View Full Version : Judging By tonight's game V.S P.A Raiders

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-19-2005, 10:56 PM
The Raiders had an early lead in the first 2-0 but give our boys credit because they never quit, this game had a little of everything Scraps,hiting and scoring. This has probably been one of the better games that I have seen all season long. The way this game ended (in a 5-4 close battle) gives u an idea of how close the Playoff series between the Blades and Raiders will be. The series should be a very intense series with a lot of physical play and a decent amount of scoring IMO. This game will defanately set the stage for round #1 between these two teams. At first I was debating wheather or to buy a playoff package or not. My mind is made up, I will buy a playoff package to see some intense, edge of your seat playoff hockey This series sould be a rock'em sock'em great series. Those 1960's stlyle Gold jerseys looked very cool if i have to say so myself and the silent auction of those jerseys is a great money maker for the Blades Education Fund as are all of the jersey auctions and other events. GO BLADES GO

Billy Blade
03-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Orange? Those sure looked yellow to me. :p Anyway, the score made the game look closer than it was. The Blades thoroughly outplayed the Raiders through the second and most of the third. This will be a good series and will be hard fought. It will not be the cakewalk that a couple of lead paint chip eating Raider fans on here seem to think. :D It'll be nice to see both teams with a full lineup on Wednesday night and let's get it on!

Furback
03-20-2005, 12:42 AM
its over raiders will win in 3 games cause the blades will throw in the towel for the fourth game. We all know the blades lack heart.

Billy Blade
03-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Well, if by some chance it ends up 3-0 Raiders going back to PA for game 4 that might not be too far from reality. :laugh:

Too bad for you though that won't be the case. ;)

Lefty
03-20-2005, 02:28 AM
its over raiders will win in 3 games cause the blades will throw in the towel for the fourth game. We all know the blades lack heart.

Get real man! It'll only be two games til the Blades throw in the towel. They'll realize just how amazing the Raiders are by then.

Hopefully the Raiders play better than they did tonight though. The score was only 5-4, but it wasn't nearly as close as it sounds. The Raiders only played about 20 minutes out of the 60.

Furback
03-20-2005, 06:16 AM
I thought cyr was 36?

Lefty
03-20-2005, 12:43 PM
billy blade who looked like the better goalie tonight ?be honest.our 16 yr old backup.or your 35 yr old middle of the road goalie cyr?he aint going to get it done.and monnette aint the answer either

Archibald played a bit better than Cyr, but the Raiders defense sure didn't help him out very much. I don't think he had much of a chance on 4 of the 5 goals. The Blades forwards definitely looked far better than the Raiders forwards. I think the series will be fairly evenly matched. I think if Cyr plays solid (which he can do) then the Blades will win, but if Beauchemin can steal a couple games then I could see the Raiders pulling off an upset.

Either way I don't think it'll be a sweep.

Lefty
03-20-2005, 11:08 PM
i could see beauch being the blades goalie next year

:confused:
What?

E_Girlie
03-21-2005, 12:54 AM
We definately need consistent goaltending and so far we haven't got it this season. :skeptical

Furback
03-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Saskatoon needs a heart transplant.

Billy Blade
03-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Saskatoon needs a heart transplant.

You need to come up with some new material. I think the Blades showed plenty of heart in coming back from a 6-3 defeat and being down 2-0 after the first period to win the game to close out the season. You need to worry about the Raiders' own shortcomings.

Furback
03-21-2005, 11:32 PM
wow they won a meen nothing game at home break out the parade

mat01800
03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
wow they won a meen nothing game at home break out the parade

No one is making a big deal out of this win. If PA would of won on Saturday you would of been all over Saskatoon for losing back to back games to them. So just shut up and let the players do the talking. No one wants to listen to some cocky little PA kid who keeps bashing the blades for winning. Considering they have more points then PA and are a better team then PA how can you not give the blades a little bit of credit

Furback
03-22-2005, 07:46 PM
i give blades credit but who the better team is we will se in the playoffs raiders will sweep and i will be a humble fan when they do

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
It looks like your other P.A fans are turning on YOU I can not wait until the Blades Silience all that you have said because when the Blades and Riaders drag the series past 4 games then What will you do? Oh ya You said earlier that Ryan Cyr will open up well think again ,I do not think that Cyr won the Labbatt 3stars total points award for nothing Obviously he is a solid 20 yr old leader that we need for the playoffs.

Furback
03-23-2005, 11:40 PM
well just watched game one Blades are unwilling to pay the price they are a soft team and soon will be down 2 to 0.

Tito9
03-24-2005, 02:19 AM
The Blades needs some fans at home. I was at the game and us Raider fans were way louder. Like a home games. The boys really wanted that one. Should win the series if the Blades don't run Reggie. Can't wait till Saturday. Credit Union Centre in now Raider property. Whose house?

Blades9ine
03-24-2005, 09:18 AM
The Blades needs some fans at home. I was at the game and us Raider fans were way louder. Like a home games. The boys really wanted that one. Should win the series if the Blades don't run Reggie. Can't wait till Saturday. Credit Union Centre in now Raider property. Whose house?
Haha, ya tell us about it, :laugh: all the people at our rink are either old or young, no one stands up when we score, only me cause i have a big a** flag. i can see Raiders people having younger teenagers as fans and thats probably why you're louder. but as far as noise goes with the Blades, we only cheer when the noise-o-meter is displayed on the jumbotron. no one's ever into the game, and maybe they are, but at least show it, cause a visiting team shouldn't end up being louder than the home team. they need to give out free beer at the games, i'm sure that would spice things up! :bounce: :spineyes:

Triton
03-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Told you furback was a lose cannon.All in favour of rallying to get rid of furback say I?

mat01800
03-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Told you furback was a lose cannon.All in favour of rallying to get rid of furback say I?

I Raise my hand for that :clap:

Triton
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
hey canadian any wrong picks last night?you traitor,slow pitch wanna bee

I, unlike other raider fans am not biased.I felt that maybe the blades would have had a little more jump,seeing as they had home ice.The turn out for the blades wasn't quite as good as it should have been.So in case in point my prediction was wrong.Not all the time am I going to pick the raiders to win,cause I'am not that biased.I am not a traitor like you claim.You know nothing about me,and if you did you'd know that I have been a season ticket holder for 17 years,I once travelled with some friends and followed the raider bus on their US road trip.I haven't missed a game in 17 years.My unlcle was a raider.I bleed green.So watch what you say you little punk.As for the slow pitch remark(not sure what you were getting at)but I don't even play slow pitch,oh and no I'am not Adam.Although I do love the raiders...they won't win every game so I'am entitled to base my predictions on how I see fit.

Tito9
03-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Personally I enjoy some of furbacks comments. He stiring the pot. Lets get this rivalary alive and started again. Enjoy the series. Make each other wanna strangle each other. These rooms are too calm. Get it going. I want to hate the blades and their fans as much as i did in the early 90's. Tito's Out

Go Raiders

Triton
03-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Furback doesn't stir the pot...he smokes it.

Tito9
03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
LOL, thats funny.

Blades9ine
03-24-2005, 10:53 PM
ok like your the picture of maturity you probaly still play with barbies.
Haha. reading these quotes are to funny, but man Furback, that barbie joke wasn't. and PLEASE but some sort of comma or period in your sentance once in a while so we don't have to read your message 10x before we actually understand you and are able to reply back before the sun sets.

Billy Blade
03-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Rivalries are one thing, but the kind of crap I have seen in here over the last few days is ridiculous and not welcome here. This thread is closed, and if this continues suspensions will be handed out. Let's stick to hockey talk.