PDA

View Full Version : Canes 3 - Raiders 1

O&C
11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Another great game for the boys! Good to see in the last two games that they stay composed even when the opposition scores first.
It's also going to be very interesting to see what Roy does with the goaltening situation. Both have proven themselves to an extent and I am just wondering if we should risk trading one of them for that last little bit of depth. In all honestly i would hold on too both of them untill the trade dead line then see if we need to shore up any possitions for a good playoff run. Just an opinion.
Overall, great trip so far and best of luck to the guys tomorrow in the crushed can!

Go Canes!

shushu
11-17-2007, 10:27 PM
and your right they seem to keep their cool thoughout the game ..as for the goalies hang on to both if one hits the skids (as you said 2 proven goalies) the other can run with the ball............ for now no more trades let them get their chemistry going...................go canes go.....................

O&C
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
No, that was my fault Shu. Your thread wasnt made when i started to make mine, but then i had to leave for a while before i started mine. :spineyes:
That being said, i agree with no trades for the next little while. imho the team we have now, if they continue to play hard, has the abbility to go far this year. I dont think we need to add any more parts as of now, but just continue to tighten the screws...

localguy
11-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Nothing wrong with 2 good goalies to run with, no trade is required at this point. Roy said he wants his trades to be done early, and let the chemistry build, seems like a good idea. However, if someone like Wishart were to become available, and we look to have a good shot at a long playoff run (which right now seems very likely), we have something to offer. With world juniors around the corner though, we could be short a forward (Boychuk), a defenseman (Sbisa), and a goalie (Metsola), ao let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

And great game tonight, good to see the boys staying cool, even though it must get frustrating to dominate a team, and not score. Good show of a maturing team. And how bout the rookie line getting it done for us too, future's looking good.

localguy
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
By the way did anyone else watch Versteeg and Depape's scrap? Mitch did a nice job, love that kid's mean streak.