PDA

View Full Version : Good to get win

rebelfan
11-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Good to get that win tonight. Way to go work hard boys...keep going.

SectionNDeserter
11-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Another goal from newcomer Carter Smith, and a great individual effort from Landon Ferraro on the game winner! On top of that, we got some excellent penalty killing, especially from Wray and Sonne.

Is JD Watt gunning for Ken Richardson's WHL record for most checking from behind majors in a season? Someone should tell him that it will be nearly impossible now that they suspend you a few games every time you do it...

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm starting to like this young team. They may not be ready to compete with the leaders just yet, but they are definately heading the right way. This will be a top team when Landon Ferraro is an 18 yr old and the kids on D mature their game. . . . . now if they could get rid of JD . . . . ., (maybe the JrB team in Ponoka could use him)

JustMe
11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
"Raiders Acquire Zak Stebner from Red Deer Rebels
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have acquired 17 year-old defenceman Zak Stebner from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for the Western Hockey League rights to 18 year-old goaltender David Aime."

SectionNDeserter
11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
So now the rumor mill begins! Who is getting dealt, Reimer or Clark? Does Clark's recent number of starts over Reimer indicate that they are showcasing him for a trade, or testing how he does with multiple starts (if he is going to carry the bulk of the load from here on out) in the absence of Reimer. What contending team in the league is currently looking for a quality NHL drafted goaltender?

I have seen Clark steadily improving and looking more confident every game, and was a big part of the wins in their last 2 games. In my opinion, as good as he has performed for us the last few seasons, I can't help but think Reimer's days are numbered as a Rebel.

RDRebelsfan
11-18-2007, 01:34 PM
So now the rumor mill begins! Who is getting dealt, Reimer or Clark? Does Clark's recent number of starts over Reimer indicate that they are showcasing him for a trade, or testing how he does with multiple starts (if he is going to carry the bulk of the load from here on out) in the absence of Reimer. What contending team in the league is currently looking for a quality NHL drafted goaltender?

I have seen Clark steadily improving and looking more confident every game, and was a big part of the wins in their last 2 games. In my opinion, as good as he has performed for us the last few seasons, I can't help but think Reimer's days are numbered as a Rebel.

agreed. The team is in the same situation now as they were when we had both Ward and Bendera.

It's hard to point out where Reimer if he is traded, where he'd go, most of the contending teams seem to be pretty good in goal unless you don't count some of the back ups like in Vancouver or Tri-City.

rebelfan
11-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I think Reimer will go since if the team is looking to the future for success, Reimer will not be part of the team anyway..he has either a year in WHL left or turns pro next year...while Clark has 3 years left of eligibility. It would make sense for them to build around Clark although why trade for a released PA tender when Rolheiser had a good show in camp and preseason? Why not call him up and thus not have to pay in a trade? I agree the team is in a similar situation as Ward/Bandera..it is hard to keep 2 good goaltenders..they both need ice time and who gets to play? In order to be good you need to play. But if you play one alot, the other gets rusty...That's why there are scouts, coaches and gm's I guess...as fans we get to rant and rave but never have to make the decisions and live with them.

SectionNDeserter
11-19-2007, 06:10 PM
It would make sense for them to build around Clark although why trade for a released PA tender when Rolheiser had a good show in camp and preseason?I think that either way they probably want a 3rd experienced goalie in the organization in the event of an injury, or if one of them decides to Slade us.