PDA

View Full Version : Raiders acquire Zac Stebner

FELIX17
11-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Raiders Acquire Zak Stebner from Red Deer Rebels
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have acquired 17 year-old defenceman Zak Stebner from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for the Western Hockey League rights to 18 year-old goaltender David Aime.
Stebner, who is from Saskatoon and played Major Midget with the Yorkton Harvest, has appeared in 24 games with the Rebels this season with 5 assists. Stebner was the Rebels second round selection in the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft, 32nd overall.
Aime is currently playing with Port Alberni in the British Columbia Junior Hockey League.
“With the current injuries to Kyle Aschim (concussion-indefinite) and Ryan Button (virus- two to three weeks), we are down to 5 healthy defencemen”, said General Manager Donn Clark.
Stebner is expected to be at practice tomorrow and will be eligible to dress for the Raiders when they host the Swift Current Broncos Wednesday at 7:30 PM.

Zak Stebner
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK DOB: April 20/90 Position: Defence
Shoots: Right Height: 6’3” Weight: 190 lbs.
Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
05-06 Rebels 2 0 0 0 0
06-07 Rebels 1 0 0 0 0
07-08 Rebels 24 0 5 5 14
WHL TOTALS 27 0 5 5 14

http://www.raiderhockey.com/news/releases/index.html?article_id=66

eye4aneye
11-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Big Kid!

Triton
11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Where does he fit though? Must be something else brewing?

Sabes
11-18-2007, 01:00 PM

He fits because we only have 5 healthy d-men right now. We also only had 7 total d-men on the roster.

eye4aneye
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Well we are down to 5 healthy d man. Is there a dman that can switch hit and play forward as well to clear the slot better then what is going on.

Maybe there is something more in the winds....May?

JustMe
11-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Well we are down to 5 healthy d man. Is there a dman that can switch hit and play forward as well to clear the slot better then what is going on.

Maybe there is something more in the winds....May?

Played the last +- 10 games for Red Deer as a forward. Right wing.

eye4aneye
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Played the last +- 10 games for Red Deer as a forward. Right wing.

Thanks for the heads up..There you go kids he does both rolls for PA. He is a great aquisition if he can play both rolls. Maybe a date or two with Manson will ummm ya you fill in the blanks on that one! punk rock

SectionNDeserter
11-18-2007, 01:57 PM
He isn't an overly good skater, and played a little soft for a big guy, but he has a lot better hockey sense than a lot of young players I have seen in the WHL, and he has shown a pretty quick release on his shot at times. What is the story on Aime? Are we getting a player that has been Anholted, or does he have some potential?

eye4aneye
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
He isn't an overly good skater, and played a little soft for a big guy, but he has a lot better hockey sense than a lot of young players I have seen in the WHL, and he has shown a pretty quick release on his shot at times. What is the story on Aime? Are we getting a player that has been Anholted, or does he have some potential?

Someone that finally understands the Anholt situation. I think Aime was the number one guy. Stanford just out played him in training camp and Aime got psyched out over it. I think Aime will do well for you with patience and a new enviroment.

As far as with Zac, if he shows desire and a willingness we have a coaching staff that is willing to COACH and TEACH. He will have to learn a gritty side of the game though to tough it through the grind, as I think we are going younger.

TheSnowman
11-18-2007, 06:42 PM
just my thoughts from seeing aime around the rink and out on the town, but i dont think he has the confidence (on or off the ice) to be a legit number one... what part anholt had in that is questionable because aime was super jittery at the start of last season too

of course i could be wrong too... i've heard some good things about this Glenn Hall character...

whlhockeyfan13
11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
just my thoughts from seeing aime around the rink and out on the town, but i dont think he has the confidence (on or off the ice) to be a legit number one... what part anholt had in that is questionable because aime was super jittery at the start of last season too

of course i could be wrong too... i've heard some good things about this Glenn Hall character...
Bruno isn't so great in instilling confidence either. He benches them for no reason and lets others who make mistakes play.