PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan Roughriders

Triton
11-19-2007, 04:42 PM
So, we've made it to the Cup final for the 1st time since '97. We will be looking to win it since our last hurrah in '89, meanwhile Winnipeg and Stegall will be wanting their 1st since '90. Bombers will be without Glenn, and according to a few, we're the early favourites by 9.

I think we will be the Grey Cup Champs when Sunday is completed. Saskatchewan is going to go nuts. Anyone having Grey Cup parties? I'm trying to organize one, but I'm also trying to scrap up tickets that may have been not been picked up by Argo fans. I don't expect to find anything but If I do, my butt will be in Toronto Sunday.

GOOOOOOOOOOO RIDERS.

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
If there's one thing I've learned from sports it's that a team that bounces back from a bad year and has a good year isn't going to win because of lack of expirience in "the big game" but I'm cheerin for my Riders all the way baby :groovy: :groovy: :groovy:

WHEATMAN
11-19-2007, 05:36 PM
As much as I hate the Riders, they are the favorites going into the Grey Cup, I am looking forward to seeing how Dinwiddie holds up under pressure. The Bombers have a way better recieving core and running back, and some amazing defensive ends and a great linebacker in Barrin Simpson, but the Riders have the a deadly defense that has the ability to create alot of turnovers. And they have Kerry Joseph (who can run like no other QB in the league). Should be a good game, but I am thinking the Bombers will win it for Stegall. My prediction is 16-10 Bombers.

dondo
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Roughies/Bombers -- old school Grey Cup -- too bad its in TO and not Taylor Field or Canad Inns stadium -- a match-up like this needs to be played in the elements to have that full old-school feeling.

Should be a great Grey Cup to watch -- two hungry classic prarie teams

Fight Guy
11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Pretty much will be the game of all games. It's literally unimaginable what this city, and province for that matter, will be like if the Riders do win the 'Cup. Regardless of the outcome of Sundays game, it is going to be one hell of a weekend in Saskatchewan!!!!! dancing pi

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
They're not the Regina Roughriders, they're the Saskathewan Roughriders, I hate it when people from Regina say it's their team and nobody elses.

Fight Guy
11-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I didn't say that. I said Regina because this is where the Riders play, and it is going to be celebrations central. I also hate it when people say it's Regina's team...or they wouldn't be the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Though, they USED to be the Regina Roughriders...lol. But no, that's all I was implying when I said what I said. No need to get worked up about it.

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Kyle Westwood called you guys a bunch of "banjo picking inbreds". So what does that make 'Bomber Fans'?

WHEATMAN
11-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Kyle Westwood called you guys a bunch of "banjo picking inbreds". So what does that make 'Bomber Fans'?

That was Troy Westwood. And it doesn't matter what we Bomber fans are, all I know is, we will be lifting the Grey Cup come sunday night. ;)

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Troy said that? you mean the 1 bar wearing mullet sporting kicker said we are banjo picking inbreds...need I say more?

WHEATMAN
11-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Troy said that? you mean the 1 bar wearing mullet sporting kicker said we are banjo picking inbreds...need I say more?

You know that was said like 2 years ago as a joke right? And it isn't a mullet, it is a ponytail. :laugh:

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
You know that was said like 2 years ago as a joke right? And it isn't a mullet, it is a ponytail. :laugh:

Oh how manly...and yes I know he said this a while ago.

Fight Guy
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
GO RIDERS!!!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/Golker/footballcopy2.jpg

eye4aneye
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Kyle Westwood called you guys a bunch of "banjo picking ingrates". So what does that make 'Bomber Fans'?

Don't most Banjo picking inbreds where a mullet? :skeptical

Riders are going to win, we have more talent and depth then the bombers. And the fact that most of the province of MB doesn't care anyways... dancing pi

WHEATMAN
11-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Riders are going to win, we have more talent and depth then the bombers. And the fact that most of the province of MB doesn't care anyways... dancing pi

That is true, not near as many Manitobans care about the Grey Cup as opposed to Saskatchewanians. Manitoba is a 100% hockey province, no other sport compares, having lived in Saskatoon, and Regina, I am pretty much convinced that Saskatchewan is more of a football province than a hockey province.

hobster
11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Your right the Blades are hardlly ever on the front page of the sports when football is going on. it's always Hilltops Huskies Riders and high school football first.Same go,s for ctv sports and global sports.

Triton
11-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Tomorrow was declared Green Day by Brad Wall, so wear green in support of the Riders.

Blades 4 Life!
11-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Then green I shall wear. :bounce:

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-22-2007, 08:41 PM
A Salute to Rider Nation: The BEST sports fans in all of Canada.

Blades 4 Life!
11-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Amen. Here's another...

2,5,andagame
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Twas The Night Before Grey Cup

Twas the night before Grey Cup, and all through the Dome,
Not a creature was stirring, but the gophers back home.
The players were nestled and snug in their beds,
While visions of Grey Cup Rings danced in their heads.

When out on the field, there arose such a clatter,
Kent sprang from his bed to see what was the matter,
Away to his window, he flew like a flash,
Threw aside the Green Curtains, and Silky White Sash.

And what did he see with his wondering eye?
But a sea of Green Revelers and a furry brown guy.
“That looks like Dominguez, and Flick and Fantuz!”
“Its way after curfew! Do they want us to lose??”

So, out of his room and down to the field,
Coach Austin stormed out with a fury to wield.
As he went through the tunnel, the ground shook with a beat,
From the dancing and prancing of ten thousand feet.

“Hey Coach,” cried a voice, “Whatcha doing down here?”
It was Szarka and Schultz, and they were handing out beer!
Chucky and Chick were grilling up Dogs,
With Burgers being served by O’Day and the Hogs.

Crandall cooked Hot Wings, Joseph grilled steak,
While Cates, Holmes, and Hughes helped Makowsky serve cake.
“This is nuts!” Austin shouted, “It’s one-thirty AM!”
“I expected some revelry, but this is mayhem!”

Eric Tillman tapped Austin, “ You’re not Eagle Keys -”
“But I’m not Berry, or Gotta, or Gregory * so PLEASE!”
“You’re all waddling around here like Wascana geese!”
“And in need of a dance coach like Donald Narcisse.”

“Now, you’ve all had your fun, so back to your rooms.”
But then Austin’s nose picked up the barbecue fumes.
Then Green Is The Color rang out through the air,
As Congi and Boreham played Banjos with flair.

On Davis, on Johnson, on Coach Ritchie Hall,
Even old Alex Smith flashed a smile after all,
On Lloyd, on McCullough, on Hunt and on Perry,
On Kornegay, Frazier, and yes, even Kerry.

The skydome then filled with a soft greenish glow,
And the whole Rider Nation set poised for a show.
An S and a wheat sheaf then formed in the air,
And a smile took the place of Coach Kent Austin’s glare.

Then everyone there, the players, the fans,
They formed a big circle by all holding hands,
Then right in the centre appeared the Grey Cup,
Which Fairholm and Ridway and Elgaard picked up.

They handed it over to Ritchie and Kent,
Who called Kerry and Eddie, and off the Cup went.
It was passed round the field, past heroes to present,
While Gainer dug holes for the Blue Bomber Pheasants.

That music was heard coast to coast people say
And they say Rider Pride grew three sizes that day.
Everyone left there dreaming of Blue Bomber doom.
And they sent all the Banjos to Troy Westwood’s Room.

dancing pi dancing pi applause applause applause applause applause applause dancing pi dancing pi

Blades 4 Life!
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't see any Bomber/Wheaties fans supporting their team GO RIDERS GO RIDERS GO RIDERS GO

WHEATMAN
11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't see any Bomber/Wheaties fans supporting their team GO RIDERS GO RIDERS GO RIDERS GO

Meh, I hope the Bombers win and think they will, but I think football is kinda a weak sport anyway

hobster
11-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah maybe so but our fans pwn your fans for when it comes too football and hockey we are hardcore baby

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah maybe so but our fans pwn your fans for when it comes too football and hockey we are hardcore baby

Whoa, lets not get crazy here, Manitoba is THE hockey province, when it comes to hardcore fans nobody else compares. Winnipeg has the most hardcore hockey fans in the world, and for junior hockey, Brandon surpases most teams, heck Brandon is a town of 40,000 people and get basically 5,000 people to games, that is almost what Saskatoon, a town of 280,000 gets!!!

hobster
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Im not saying Saskatoon fans im Saskatchewan fans in general Regina fans own Saskatoon fans for when it comes too sporting events. But Saskatchewan owns Manitoba in everything ,too bad the Jets didn't work out cry cry you only have 1 WHL team, and pretty soon a ruuner up too the Grey Cup Champions Saskatchewan Roughriders baby :groovy:

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Im not saying Saskatoon fans im Saskatchewan fans in general Regina fans own Saskatoon fans for when it comes too sporting events. But Saskatchewan owns Manitoba in everything ,too bad the Jets didn't work out cry cry you only have 1 WHL team, and pretty soon a ruuner up too the Grey Cup Champions Saskatchewan Roughriders baby :groovy:

Manitoba hockey fans own Saskatchewan fans when it comes to hockey, I don't know how you can thing otherwise, when Regina isn't drawing much more that Saskatoon for junior hockey. If you want proof that Manitoba hockey fans are the best look at the any International hockey event ever hosted in Manitoba, it is always a sell out. As for the Grey Cup, I am really looking forward to the game, It would make my day to see "Rider Nation" crying for the following week after losing to the Big Blue. :)

Triton
11-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Not sure if the Jets leaving was financial or lack of support from the product on the ice, but if product on the ice was a big thing in the WHL in Saskatchewan, then Saskatoon, PA would be long gone, not to mention SC not drawing well and they even have a renovated rink and a great team. Well Manitoba seems to be good at football cause they have the Blue Bombers in the cup as well as the Bisons in the Vanier Cup.

The, "my dad can beat up your dad" arguement is lame. The Riders and the Bombers are going to want it bad, but we'll see who wants it more..but sorry WHEATMAN..go Riders though.

hobster
11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Manitoba hockey fans own Saskatchewan fans when it comes to hockey, I don't know how you can thing otherwise, when Regina isn't drawing much more that Saskatoon for junior hockey. If you want proof that Manitoba hockey fans are the best look at the any International hockey event ever hosted in Manitoba, it is always a sell out. As for the Grey Cup, I am really looking forward to the game, It would make my day to see "Rider Nation" crying for the following week after losing to the Big Blue. :) haha Saskatoon can host huge sporting events as well.They hosted a pre season game between Florida and Calgary this season,they have hosted the Canada Russia series last year,they have hosted The Briar,the World Juniors,the Memorial Cup etc.So were right there with Maniboa im sorry too say.

Triton
11-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I think we're a curling province.

Triton
11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Curling is a sport ?

The Blades are a hockey team?

just kidding their good years were in the past and it's important that they get that going again.

hobster
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes we play in the Western Hockey League it's a league that consists of players from the age of 16 -20 you should check it out sometime it's realy cool there's all sorts of teams

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
The Blades are a hockey team?

just kidding their good years were in the past and it's important that they get that going again.

haha, nice burn Triton, you have just redeemed youself for being a Rider fan :)

hobster
11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I take it the Blades are you least favorite team in the league Tritron WHEATMAN ?

Triton
11-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes we play in the Western Hockey League it's a league that consists of players from the age of 16 -20 you should check it out sometime it's realy cool there's all sorts of teams

INVISITEXT FTW

Triton
11-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I take it the Blades are you least favorite team in the league Tritron WHEATMAN ?

Look at my post closely..very closely.. And no, the Blades aren't my least favourite team.

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Nope, I don't mind the Blades to be honest, I could name atleast 5 teams I dislike more.

hobster
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
INVISITEXT FTW What does this coment mean is it pig latin or something or are you drunk . ?

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 07:04 PM
All Bomber fans are gonna drown there sorrows on sunday night with colt 45 after we win the grey cup, as we will be drinking fine wine and sone chiantii.

I thought the most luxurious drink in Saskatchewan was Great Western or Lucky Lager. :)

Blades 4 Life!
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Is Manitoba even a province?

Triton
11-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Why do Saskatoonians like farm animals?

WHEATMAN
11-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Umm yeah...Since 1871, thirtysome years before Saskatchewan was...but I doubt you knew that.

hobster
11-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I thought the most luxurious drink in Saskatchewan was Great Western or Lucky Lager. :) Umm i don't know. all i know is the gold medel winning beer comes from saskatoon

Blades 4 Life!
11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Riders Rule

Triton
11-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Riders Rule

That they do.

Triton
11-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Congrats to the Manitoba Bisons though on winning the Vanier Cup.

Blades 4 Life!
11-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Indeed.

d-man
11-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Inside video of the Rider party

http://www.southwesttvnews.com/riders.html

eye4aneye
11-24-2007, 11:52 AM

LOL technically they do have more cities then us but seriously off the top of my head there are really only 2 that come to mind. MEh bad :laugh:

TwoBits
11-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Why don't you guys grow up. How did this go from Grey Cup banter to running down each others water? :spineyes: You're making us look like a bunch of hillbillies :laugh: .

eye4aneye
11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Why don't you guys grow up. How did this go from Grey Cup banter to running down each others water? :spineyes: You're making us look like a bunch of hillbillies :laugh: .
We are bonding lol :clap: punk rock :groovy: :bounce:

hobster
11-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Watcha gonna do when the green machine comes after you :frog:

TwoBits
11-24-2007, 05:33 PM
We are bonding lol :clap: punk rock :groovy: :bounce:

Oh, that's what you call it. :laugh: I was just waiting for the... Your mammas so ugly jokes next. :D

WestLEAFfan
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh, that's what you call it. :laugh: I was just waiting for the... Your mammas so ugly jokes next. :D

Next, I was expecting to see "my Daddy can beat up your Daddy". C'mon guys enough is enough. You are making fools of yourselves.

hobster
11-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Just a little trash talk i don't take anything too heart over a computer screen in person well that would be differant.

WestLEAFfan
11-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Just a little trash talk i don't take anything too heart over a computer screen in person well that would be differant.

That's beside the point. Some things are better left unsaid.

TwoBits
11-24-2007, 07:28 PM

That last little bit didn't even qualify as trash talk, it was just getting plain stupid. :spineyes:

So, is anybody else getting sick of hearing "Green is the Colour" and "We've Got That Rider Pride" on CJWW? :laugh: I am. Thank Gawd it's all going to be over with tomorrow. (Well maybe not, if, I mean, when, they win)

You guys better hope the Riders win or you're gonna have a lotta CROW to eat. :D :turkey: (closest thing to a crow)

TwoBits
11-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Oh, lighten up. Don't be such a curmudgeon :D :laugh:

eye4aneye
11-24-2007, 07:53 PM

he is a leaf fan that says it all. just a tad bitter LOL :groovy:

Go riders and yes I am tired of hearing all the rider fight songs. :frog:

WHEATMAN
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
So, is anybody else getting sick of hearing "Green is the Colour" and "We've Got That Rider Pride" on CJWW?

You have NO idea how sick of that I am. :)

WestLEAFfan
11-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Good morning all you RIDER fans, Curmudgeon here! :thumb: Let's get this RIDER thread back on track. Let's all argue, er I mean predict the final score for the Grey Cup game!

RIDERS 31 - BOMBERS 17

Let's Go RIDERS! applause

eye4aneye
11-25-2007, 09:42 AM
34-22 RIDERS

Field goal kicks are going to be important in this game as well as turnovers. The quarteback situation goes without saying. :frog: yeehoo

WestLEAFfan
11-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Rider Thread, Rider Thread, Rider Thread!!!!

eye4aneye
11-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Rider Thread, Rider Thread, Rider Thread!!!!

So what are you predictions for the stars of the game and warrior?

hobster
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Riders 31 Bombers 29

Warrior of the game
Andy Fantuz

WHEATMAN
11-25-2007, 11:51 AM
26-23 Blue Bombers ,with Charles Roberts being player of the game :thumb:

Flathead
11-25-2007, 11:54 AM
26-23 Blue Bombers ,with Charles Roberts being player of the game :thumb:
Oh, silly Wheatman! lol. 34-10 Riders! Joseph player of the game.

Triton
11-25-2007, 12:15 PM
27-14 saskatchewan, and we score on our 1st possession.

Warrior of the game, Wes Cates.

WestLEAFfan
11-25-2007, 12:19 PM
So what are you predictions for the stars of the game and warrior?

Star - Joseph
Warrior - Fantuz/Flick

Can't lose with those picks!

WHEATMAN
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Congrats to the Rider on winning the Grey Cup, It is a shame Glenn was hurt, cause I think they would have won, but thats neither her nor there. It's a shame Saskatoon can't get behind the Blades like they do the Riders. Good game by James Johnson, 3 INT's is something, but I think the Bomber d line was just as good, a enjoyable game nonetheless.

Blades 4 Life!
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Riderssssssss Omg Im So F-ing Happy I Love Life I Love It So Much Thank You God Ive Never Been Happier Thank You I Love The Riders James Johnson Mvp Omg Johnson Mvp Mvp Mvp Im His Biggest Fan I Love Him So Much 3 Int 1 Touchdown F-ing Amazing He Is The Best Ever I Love Him.

sbtatter
11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Way better game than i thought, the Bombers defence was immense. Losing is deflating, but to only lose by 4 points with a backup playing the most important position was encouraging! Enjoy the Cup in Sk, Kent Austin is an impressive coach....

Triton
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats Riders. Joseph stunk like hell, but the defence picked up the slack. Good thing Dinwiddie was as equally as bad. Bombers were outstanding in the fact that they never gave up and they gave themselves a chance, which is all you can ask. Losing both challenges may have been the big bust cause you also lose time outs, so the Bombers coach really didn't help on that one call where he challenged the challenge. Congrats to the Bisons for their Vanier win, so Manitoba doesn't go home with nothing entirely.

See ya in Montreal next Grey Cup.

eye4aneye
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
34-22 RIDERS

Field goal kicks are going to be important in this game as well as turnovers. The quarteback situation goes without saying. :frog: yeehoo

Ok I was off on the score but I was right about field goals and turnovers... Man we should have had 2 more TD's for the riders. Good game overall anytime my mom starts thinking she is the coach, it is a good game and laugh! :bounce: