PDA

View Full Version : Klotz

Link Dog
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Looking for an honestopinion from fans who regularly watch the Blades on Klotz. Only seen him play twice this year and was quite impressed. Decent skater for his size, played displined and looked immoveable when he had the puck down low. Did I just see two good games or what? Again just honest opinions please.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
LINK DOG, Funny you should bring this up as I was thinking the same thing. I have only seen him twice as well. Last night live and last week on the webcast. I thought he was the Blades best player on both occaissions.

I might also add that I was very disappointed with Gillies. I expected a lot more from him but he was almost invisible.

hobster
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Klotz has really improved got the third star last night .As for Gillies it was one of his worse games of the season, the coaches play the hell out of him....

And actually he has been our best foward on our team this season leading the team in goals, just had a off night and remember he is only 18 not 19 and not 20.

Flathead
11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
LINK DOG, Funny you should bring this up as I was thinking the same thing. I have only seen him twice as well. Last night live and last week on the webcast. I thought he was the Blades best player on both occaissions.

I might also add that I was very disappointed with Gillies. I expected a lot more from him but he was almost invisible.
I was impressed with Klotz last night as well. Big kid, skates decent, and plays hard.
I've never really understood the hype about Gillies, I'll leave it at that.

hobster
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Ill say it again he leads are team in goals and is only 18 still a young player. Plays alot in all situations and is a great leader it's just not always about scoring goals either you know, he does alot for this team.

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Klotz has been one of my favourites in the past. Not just because he is a fighter and that is my style of hockey but because he give it 110% every night he goes out there. I could say this about every player but I truely mean it when I'm talking about the Klotzinator. punk rock

howley
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I watched Klotzy for the first time on Friday and was seriously impressed with the mass improvement from last year. Mainly his skating.

WHL Crazy
11-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Klotz has impressed me as well. On the other hand I watched Gillies the other night and thought he was a midget callup or something. How does this player keep getting invites to all these major camps and Team Canada festivities? I'm serious when I say this, Klotz could be putting up simular numbers if he was out on the PP all the time and had first line minutes too. The Gillies hype machine is sickening! Boogaard'd

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Klotz has impressed me as well. On the other hand I watched Gillies the other night and thought he was a midget callup or something. How does this player keep getting invites to all these major camps and Team Canada festivities? I'm serious when I say this, Klotz could be putting up simular numbers if he was out on the PP all the time and had first line minutes too. The Gillies hype machine is sickening! Boogaard'd
OK the thread title is KLOTZ!!!!!!!!!!! So therefore the discussion should be about Klotz and yes every player in the WHL is not perfect,and whenever Gillies really picks his game up,then we will see who is complaining. Yes I know that there is hype for him and everyone is very criticle of what he does because of that. I am getting sick of hearing that. WHL CRAZY I am curious as to what team you cheer for? Klotz has noticably improved (most likely because he is an NHL Draft Pick and he wants to play pro someday .)

hobster
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
OMG That post just showed a lack of hockey knowledge Klotz could do the same as Gillies give me a break, his skating may have improved a bit but is still no where near Gillies in that department. Think next time before you post or better yet go watch a game.

penman
11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh my god you guys ther is no way in hell that you can put klotz and gillies on the same page.Gillies is a good skater he is the first one to the puck I could go on and on. Now Mr. Klotz on the other hand is a bad skater and not gifted with a bunch of hockey sense as are some of you if you think players like that will ever make it to the show.I cant beleive I am even having this conversation with someone.

Dwight Schrute
11-22-2007, 06:04 AM
I never thought i would see Boogard in the show !
he sure wasnt that effective tonight. lol.

with these kids i'd never say never. but common sense says.....

Tidball
11-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Klotz is a good player for being an enforcer. He doesnt get enough ice time to put up numbers. Gillies is phenomenal.

howley
11-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Phenominal??? If Gillies is phenominal what word do you describe John Tavares with?

hobster
11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Tavares would not be putting up the same number in the WHL the OHL is all offense.

howley
11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
So Gilles is comparable to Tavares?

hobster
11-22-2007, 07:28 PM
No way not at all not even close. All im saying is his numbers would be down in the WHL

hobster
11-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Other than maybe seeing him on TV have you actually went too Oshawa and seen him ? how can you say that by just judging on numbers

hobster
11-22-2007, 09:44 PM
OOps my bad i don't have shaw cable i have sask tell max. Anyways the WHL is more of a tight checking kind of game compared too the run and gun OHL.

If Tavares was playing in the WHL this season he would be doing numbers like Drayson Bowman wich are still good.,

eye4aneye
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ90W2F780A

When was the last time a WHLER made the national news? clrkth

hobster
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Of course the guy is awesome he's not the next Gretzky i just said his point totalls would not be quit as high in the WHL differant style of game here

WHL Crazy
11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I thought I'd put this in the Klotz thread........Looks like the Blades drafted another goon with the 4th overall pick in the Bantam draft in Charles Inglis. I have watched him play a few times this year and all he does is chirp and has absolutely no hands or speed or offensive aptitude at all. Looks like you'll have your next goon to replace Klotz when Klotz leaves but to use a 4th overall pick on that is pathetic. :thumb:

hobster
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanx for your 2 cents. We have F Josh Nichols, G Matthew Krahn, D Taylor Sohn, F Jaime Crooks that will still contribute in the future.

Blades 4 Life!
11-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought I'd put this in the Klotz thread........Looks like the Blades drafted another goon with the 4th overall pick in the Bantam draft in Charles Inglis. I have watched him play a few times this year and all he does is chirp and has absolutely no hands or speed or offensive aptitude at all. Looks like you'll have your next goon to replace Klotz when Klotz leaves but to use a 4th overall pick on that is pathetic. :thumb:

Don't ever call Klotz a goon again.

WHL Crazy
11-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Go ahead and rely on 11th rounders to score for you in the future! Guys like Sohn and Nicholls are dime a dozon. Jamie Crooks is small and slow and won't do much.

Link Dog
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Holy crap, I'm just about sorry I started this thread. Thanks to those who did actually input on my question.

nivek_wahs
11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Tone it down! Keep it on topic or there may be repercussions. Thank you very much.

hobster
11-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Sorry, i will try too tone it down

hobster
11-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Gillies out for tonight and 15 year old rookie Charles Inglis will play his first ever WHL game being called up from the contacs.So that means no Gillies Durand Philp or Niemi tonight this is a game the Raiders should win.

howley
11-23-2007, 12:52 PM
I have heard only negative feedback on Inglis so far. The biggest knock I've heard time and time again is that he isn't much of a team player. Very selfish, etc...Granted he is only 15 and went first round. I think most of us would have abit of an attitude in that situation. I think I am able to go to the game tonight. Be good to see him play.

hobster
11-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I wish we would have got Howden, this Inglis doesn't impress me one bit and judging byhis numbers ouch !!

WHL Crazy
11-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Howden is not that great either and likely should've been picked in the 12-20 range. The players to get were Pysyk/Ross/Sundher.

hobster
11-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes Ross and Sundher for sure you have been good ones too get

eye4aneye
11-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Go ahead and rely on 11th rounders to score for you in the future! Guys like Sohn and Nicholls are dime a dozon. Jamie Crooks is small and slow and won't do much.

Seriously who care what round they were drafted in as long as the perform. Isn't that the name of the game...Thinks of Kunitz who was never DRAFTED into the NHL.

eye4aneye
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I have heard only negative feedback on Inglis so far. The biggest knock I've heard time and time again is that he isn't much of a team player. Very selfish, etc...Granted he is only 15 and went first round. I think most of us would have abit of an attitude in that situation. I think I am able to go to the game tonight. Be good to see him play.

Selfish at 15 how pathetic is that. I bet his parents, coaches and teammates are happy.

WHL Crazy
11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
My thoughts for the Blades/Raiders game tonight. If the Raiders aren't able to beat a Blades squad without DURAND, GILLIES, NIEMI who are likely there 3 best players something is seriously wrong with the Raiders. The Blades are also without one of there tough guys in Kevin Philp so that doesn't help in the toughness side of the game either. My feeling is that it will be a Raiders sweep this weekend and the Blades will be buried and out of playoff contention although not officially but done nonetheless!

hobster
11-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Yes but we can't use injuries as a exuse evey team go's through them at some point or another. P.A has no Andy Smith either so they have a guy out as well it all evens out. Im hoping Braid Belyk Klotz Inglis Hamilton and Toomey can find some offense.

dagley
11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Tavares would not be putting up the same number in the WHL the OHL is all offense.

Finally, someone what agrees with me.

eye4aneye
11-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Finally, someone what agrees with me.

I wonder what the ratio is of forwards and dman drafted into the NHL with each chl league?

howley
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
This is an honest question. Who was the last player you can think of to go straight into the show from the WHL and tear it up. IE: Kane, Toews, Staal, Crosby

hobster
11-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Setoguchi 8 goals allready playing with Thorton, ahh seto the former Blade lol.

WHL Crazy
11-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Dion Phaneuf!!!

hobster
11-24-2007, 11:55 AM
This is an honest question. Who was the last player you can think of to go straight into the show from the WHL and tear it up. IE: Kane, Toews, Staal, Crosby
No offense but did you think of players that have made it from the WHL recently there's 2 right there SETO and PHANEUF

wardog fan
11-24-2007, 11:56 AM
getzlaf, iginla, sakic, modano, hossa brothers, marleau, just to name a few good former dub players. but ya cant think of any who stand out like crosby, toews, and kane

howley
11-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Phaneuf was a good one.

I'm still not convinced with Seto, he has had a great start and you have to give him credit for that. You also can't over look who he is playing with.

The list of iggy, sakic, etc...all great players but I mean recently.

My point is these guys produced huge numbers in the offensive friendly OHL...but they are also producing amazing numbers (for their age) at the highest level of hockey. I could not think of a player of recent who has made the jump and shone like those guys have. Let's say other than Phaneuf now...

As far as the thread name...I think it's in the Klotz thread...on the WHLfans board....we can start a new thread if you want?

hobster
11-24-2007, 03:37 PM
It would have been sweet if Klotz scored last night. Late in the game he was on a 2 on 1 with one of our d-men i thought he was gonna score, it's quit obvious that his skating has improved.