PDA

View Full Version : ADT Russia challenge

dondo
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Q 4 RUS 6

boys from the Q stunk it up with very poor defensive play -- giving the Russians their very first win since game 1, 2003.

Russians looked good on the big ice (why does Chicoutimi have big ice?), but it was the Q boys failure to cover the gaps and inability to clear the puck from the front of their net which cost them the game.

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Wasn't a bad game, I only watched a bit of it because I'm not a huge follower of the QMJHL.

WestLEAFfan
11-21-2007, 07:21 AM
The Russian squad looked greatly improved over the one we saw during the Super Series. They look very fast and coach Nemchinov appears to be more comfortable behind the bench. With that said, I think the QMJHL will rebound with a better effort and win game 2. applause

Tiger Trauma
11-30-2007, 12:17 AM
.....and team canada takes the series 4-2.

I found it fun to watch and quite entertaining to see some of today's whl stars, and a decent team from Russia. I'll admit though I have no interest watching the other games on tv, but it was really fun to watch live.

I can see why people say Ellerby is overrated, because in tonights game he didn't look that great. Sort of predictable, and made a couple bad plays. Reminds me of a player who shirks half the drills in practice to look good.
Nick ross was turned inside out once, and i remember one other time where he was beaten cleanly, but wasn't watching his other plays to get a good look at him.

2 players from russia stood out for me and that was Golubtsov, Vadim, and Milekhin, Mikail. Number 11, and 26.

A lot of whl stars showed numerous good plays. I could make a list on who played well but it would be a lengthy one.

sbtatter
11-30-2007, 12:42 AM
After tonight White likely gets an invite to the WJC camp

Tiger Trauma
11-30-2007, 04:59 AM
After tonight White likely gets an invite to the WJC camp

Agree, He blocked some shots and created a bunch of offense. HIs whole line played pretty well, but White was one of the players you noticed more of.

Bocephus
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I thought that Golubtsov, Vadim stood out in Kootenay as well.