PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the Blades

hobster
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Chris Durand will be out for 2-6 weeks with a partial shoulder speration. I hope this isn't a string of injuries coming up like Niemi now Durand crappy very crappy !

howley
11-20-2007, 12:51 AM
2-6 weeks...HAH! With a time line like that I think I could be a doctor...

"yes sir...the problem is either the common flu bug...or hepatitis...You should be better in 2 days...or it could haunt you for life"

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
More bad news for the Blades, can something go right?

hobster
11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
My guess is that he will miss 10 games and be back after Christmas.
There is gonna have too be some line juggaling now as he was playing center ,might have too put Patterson up with Gillies and Fiala.

WHL Crazy
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
With Chris Durand being out of the Blades lineup for a little while it gives the young guys a chance to show what they can do playing with talented players like Gillies and Fiala. Whether it be Patterson or Toomey centering the line, it will give Lorne an idea of what he has for next year when they lose Chris Durand as one of their top centerman. You never know what a young kid can do until put in the situation and who knows we could be pleasently surprised. Lets face it, the team isn't exactly winning too much with Durand in the lineup anyways.

I believe that Mitch Berg is called up now finally. He has been a man amongst boys in the Midget ranks this season averaging near a point per game and being a physical force. It is about time this happened as he is part of the future for the team. In all likelyness the Blades will not be a playoff team this year so they might as well play the youth that will take them to the playoffs next year or the year after hopefully.

sbtatter
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Sometimes injuries just suck don't they?!! We're without 25% of our goal scoring (Clark & Glennie) at the moment, makes it so tough....

hobster
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Ya we don't have our Number 1 center in our lineup now, or either our number i dman in Niemi .

wango tango
11-20-2007, 12:48 PM
adding to the misery elliot will soon be gone for the u17 tournament. gillies will participate in team canada's training camp, and if he makes the team be lost to the blades until after new year's. if niemi is healthy by then he could also be playing in the world juniors for finland.

losing durand is bad, night in and night out he was one of the best players on the ice. his loss means the blades are now without a huge part of their top line, and a second line of reich-mccrae-hulak that continues to struggle. hopefully hulaks struggles turnaround when reich gets more familiar with what's going on.

i'm hoping for a big effort against moose jaw to turn things around and then a couple of key games back to back against prince albert.

Blades 4 Life!
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Ya we don't have our Number 1 center in our lineup now, or either our number i dman in Niemi .

You forgetting our captain?

hobster
11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I consider Duran our number 1 center cause he's on a line with Gillies and Fiala.Hell he should have been named captain with the way McCrae has been playing this season

WHL Crazy
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Chris Durand is out for 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury according to whl.ca.
Brandon Wall is listed as WEEK TO WEEK
JYRI NIEMI is listed as Day to Day

It will be interesting to see what Lorne does with the lines and who he puts with Fiala and Gillies. I know that Fiala and Gillies both have experience at Center in their careers so one of them could be moved to center on that line. Mike Reich is a natural Centerman as well and could be slotted in the middle their with Wintoneak moving back with McCrae/Hulak.

I'm most anxious to see NIEMI return to the lineup. He had 6 goals in 12 games from the point and I loved his booming shot. Guys just moved out of the way when he shot it seemed. Niemi is ranked 7th in the WHL for the NHL draft and if he keeps up what he was doing when he returns, he'll move up the rankings.

Back to the guys who are or will be out of the lineup.
Chris Durand- Likely return will be after Xmas
Colton Gillies-Could receive an invite to the World Jr Selection camp and if he does will be gone for quite a while
Jyri Niemi-See above
Stefan Elliott- He'll be here until Xmas time forsure as the tournament runs from Dec 27th-Jan 4th.

Guys will be out of the lineup but other teams are missing guys too for various tournaments over Xmas time.

eye4aneye
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Why don't you go post somewhere else, i looked back on your post's from a couple mounths ago and all you do is bash the Blades .

Wonders who that was directed at. Boogaard'd

Alot of teams are having issues with injuries to key players. And with the Russia canada series, under 17 etc going on. Some teams will be on thin ice

hobster
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
That was for WHL CRAZY take a look at his past post's he is a massive Blade hater