PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Vancouver!!

Spungy
03-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Congratulations on a great win tonight!!

and i just need to say a very grateful 'thank you' :clap:

Chipper
03-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Yes thank you Giant fans for giving us the reg season champ Banner, You are welcome to come to cranbrook anytime next season to see it hanging in the rafters. Now we need 3 more banners this season to cap this incredable year off.

Jimmy
03-20-2005, 12:52 AM
:thumb: We figure we'd start the trend of beating the Rockets a game early.

Sput
03-20-2005, 01:09 AM
I can see a long series ahead for these two. Vancouver finally figured out how to beat the Rockets, and at the perfect time too. I just hope the plee by your assistant coach doesn't fall on deaf ears, and they actually call some of the hooks/holds that are going to happen in the first round. It should frusterate the bejeesus out of the Ogopogo wearing guys.

Kassian
03-20-2005, 02:51 AM
The Giants played really well tonight. I was impressed.

I'm still not getting my hopes up for the playoffs though. They need to prove that they are capable of playing this way for multiple games.

C.F
03-20-2005, 09:55 AM

I'm still not getting my hopes up for the playoffs though. They need to prove that they are capable of playing this way for multiple games.And at Prospera place.

scamperdog
03-20-2005, 10:01 AM
I think the key to beating kelowna is to focus on there key players and hit them hard if you dont then it is over but if you do you win the series

Knuckles Muldoon
03-20-2005, 10:48 AM

I'm still not getting my hopes up for the playoffs though. They need to prove that they are capable of playing this way for multiple games.
I agree. But now we can at least go into the series with some hope. The Giants ace in the hole is to physically hammer the Rockets. Matching systems against them won't work because Kelowna is much more accomplished at theirs than we are at ours. Gotta turn it into a pyysical, emotional battle to have success here. I hope to hell Hay understands it that way, too. Strange how it took until game #72 for the boys to finally play as a team, though. Was impressed that finally everybody who dressed contributed something to the win.

Jovorock
03-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Strange how it took until game #72 for the boys to finally play as a team, though. Was impressed that finally everybody who dressed contributed something to the win.
I wouldn't get too excited about one game. I seen the highlights and the Rocket defense was terrible, that won't happen again. The Rockets are too well coached with their systems.

This will be a good series and hopefully Shaw will show all the games.

Beaner
03-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about one game. I seen the highlights and the Rocket defense was terrible, that won't happen again. The Rockets are too well coached with their systems.

This will be a good series and hopefully Shaw will show all the games.

Actually I thought what really hurt the rockets were the undisciplined penalties they took last night. I havent seen them lose their cool like that before. Taking 2 @ too many players on the ice penalties in one game is really surprising for Kelowna. And the penalties that they took to put the Giants on the 5-3 PP's Smith really had no choice but to call.

rinkrat
03-20-2005, 11:48 AM

I think your "well coached" team had a couple of brainfarts last night.Two penalties for too many men?Those penalties fall right in Mr. Truitts lap.Was that his Don Cherry imitation?

Kassian
03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Actually I thought what really hurt the rockets were the undisciplined penalties they took last night. I havent seen them lose their cool like that before. Taking 2 @ too many players on the ice penalties in one game is really surprising for Kelowna. And the penalties that they took to put the Giants on the 5-3 PP's Smith really had no choice but to call.

The Giants really roughed them up that's why. They were forechecking like crazy. Kelowna wasn't able to force much offensive pressure on the Giants and when they did, they weren't able to get as many quality shot opportunities as they usually do against Vancouver. Frustration built up and Kelowna took some dumb penalties. Even a guy like Matt Robinson was throwing some big hits last night. If only he would've done that all year long...

The whole team played great. If (and this is a huge IF) they can keep this up, the Giants can beat Kelowna, no doubt. But I don't see it happening....

Teaps
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Like said earlier, Rockets had a couple Brain Farts and the Giants capitalized...I commend the Giants for their hard work last night!