PDA

View Full Version : Gillies is gonna be suspended

hobster
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Gillies just got called for boarding 5 minute pp for Moose Jaw and a game missconduct.Very fusterating the refs are just looking for him every chance they get now.

WHL Crazy
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Serves him right. He is nothing more than a headhunter since he's come into the league. Someone is going to feed him his lunch next time they play forsure. When will Gillies learn? As for goons Philp and Klotz egging on the Warrior skill guys to fight, that is good on them.

hobster
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
What Philp and Klotz going after there skilled players haha Grantham and Mclaring are there heavyweights buddy.

hobster
11-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Watching the game on WHL WEB TV tonight and i have too admit i put too much hype on Derek Hulak as well so did others cause he does ot impress me at all he looks like the worst Blade by far.

WHL Crazy
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
That is one of the most rudist things I've ever seen posted on this forum or any other for that matter. Did it ever occur to you that Derek Hulak and his family in general are going through some very difficult times right now and perhaps hockey isn't his sole priority? As we all know without getting into specifics that the Hulak's went through and still are going through something that isn't a fun situation for anyone and frankly I'm surprised he's even still playing hockey.

Derek Hulak is a good player, not a great player but what is great about the kid is that he's a top notch individual and the world can't have enough of those people as far as I'm concerned.

Please think before you write next time please.

hobster
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I feel badlly for what happened too his mom that is horrible. But this board is for creteaking players and if i feel i want too voice my opinion on a player weather it's Hulak or anyone else i will do so, Thank You very much.

hobster
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Well yet another loss. Absoulutley no scoring punch on this team once so ever, you got too score more than 1 or 2 goals a game if you want too win in this league.

Jaybird
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Moose Jaw wins over Blades, no Durand, no Gillies, best performance was by the line of Patterson, Hulak and Wintoneak and not just because of the Wintoneak goal. This line has a lot of potential....Hulak looks good with those guys. Power play was not good but without Durand and Gilles that means several players without experience on the powerplay. Hello!!!! Get more players working on the power play in practice!! With all the hype about Gilles, and with Durand out it shows that the other players are stepping up to the plate. Gilles needs more hockey sense.....it is starting to get a little annnoying. 3 to 1 is not a bad game for the Blades considering the circumstances. There is too much hype over overated players. We would be better playing three solid lines that includes power play and penalty kill. IMO Les Lazuruk is too negative. I always think he is watching a different game than I am. I don't like the homer thing but Les could be a little more encouraging....maybe he is just getting tired. Perhaps theatre is a higher calling!!!!

eye4aneye
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Well did Gillies board the other guy or not. Boarding is a serious issue in hockey and there is way more going on then ever gets called. If Gillies wants to be a bruiser welllll get used to it cuz the refs are watching. Look at Gauthier, he just had to be near someone that fell the wrong way and it seemed the whistling was being blown and he was shown the door. If you get a rep, deal with the conzequences. :spineyes:

Dwight Schrute
11-22-2007, 05:53 AM
I feel badlly for what happened too his mom that is horrible. But this board is for creteaking players and if i feel i want too voice my opinion on a player weather it's Hulak or anyone else i will do so, Thank You very much.
im not even sure i wanna know, but what does this mean ?
BTW hulak is far from the worst player there

Trav
11-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Why do people continue to use the death of Hulak's mother to defend her son? If it's the reason he hasn't done well this year then get the guy off the ice. Derek needs a big wake up call as does the whole team. They play good for two games and then bomb the next three-four games before they win another one.

How about Molleken stop going after gritty guys and go after guys that can put the puck in the god damn net cuz right now they got hardly anyone doing that and now that Gillies is going to be suspended for one or two games, they're without their two of their top scorers, leaving only Fiala and Elliot who have done most of the scoring this year.

Dont see this team going up anytime soon, sorry to say and again stop using the passing of Hulak's mom, yes its sad that she's gone but Derek and his family need to move on and hopefully they have and so should u guys that continue to use that as an excuse to defend him.

witness
11-22-2007, 09:06 AM
If the Blades don't want Hulak, the Pats will gladly have him back. He is a player that needs skill around him. If you are relying on Derek to be the center piece of the team, then you have the wrong player. He is the player that does the little things that can make a team successful.

hobster
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
We better damn well hope that we are hosting the 09/10 memorial cup this rebuilding **** is starting too get on my last nerve.I do know that we will have a solid core for that 09/10 season.

On defence, Niemi ,Klassen, Zahn, Elliott, Berg,Sohn and maybe Funk with Holtby and Krahn in net, fowards Hulak Hamilton Toomey Inglis Wintoneak Patterson Philp Belyk Nichols. So the problem is still offence we still have too build for fowards that season geez.

hobster
11-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I would Rather trade Gillies next season like mid way through, cause i know he wont be back as a 20 in this league.

Tidball
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Serves him right. He is nothing more than a headhunter since he's come into the league. Someone is going to feed him his lunch next time they play forsure. When will Gillies learn? As for goons Philp and Klotz egging on the Warrior skill guys to fight, that is good on them.

Well now i know not to take ANYTHING you seriously. Klotz and Philp went after the MJ skilled players? You are a complete joke.

WHL Crazy
11-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Well I would say that McLaren has more skill than Klotz and Philp easily as does Grantham. Klotz and Philp are straight goons while McLaren and Grantham can actually play the game.

hobster
11-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Well I would say that McLaren has more skill than Klotz and Philp easily as does Grantham. Klotz and Philp are straight goons while McLaren and Grantham can actually play the game. That is true ,
but who else is gonna fight for the tribe no one those are there guys that will fight. And im sure before the opening faceoff took place both sides wanted too fight.

WHL Crazy
11-22-2007, 02:31 PM
In my opinion Moose Jaw really set the tone by clobbering the Blades two goons in both fights. McLaren/Klotz was probably a draw from my view but Grantham totally hammered on Philp and broke his jaw in the process ;)

agent
11-22-2007, 03:24 PM
That is true ,
but who else is gonna fight for the tribe no one those are there guys that will fight. And im sure before the opening faceoff took place both sides wanted too fight.

I've seen good fights by Knackstedt , Reige, Suer, and a few others as well. :D

hobster
11-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Good for you i was talking heavy weights, not light weights

WHL Crazy
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Both Knackstedt and Riege are known fighters and both would've given the Saskatoon goons a run for their money. Knackstedt and Riege are also both 6'2 200lbs...That is hardly a light weight buddy. Ellerby and Terrance can also chuck em with the best of them. :thumb:

eye4aneye
11-22-2007, 05:10 PM
2002-03 72 40 27 5 0 234 205 85 3rd East Lost Eastern Conference quarter-final
2003-04 72 7 52 11 2 140 279 27 5th East Out of playoffs
2004-05 72 37 23 6 6 234 215 86 2nd East Lost Eastern Conference quarter-final
Season GP W L OTL SOL GF GA Points Finish Playoffs
2005-06 72 41 25 2 4 232 217 88 2nd East Lost Eastern Conference semi-final
2006-07 72 27 41 2 2 174 231 58 6th East Out of playoffs

The Blades record isn't that bad for rebuilding Hobster.....Took the Tigers 10 years to get things rebuilt. :D