PDA

View Full Version : Game 26 @ Prince Albert

Scout
11-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Game 26 @ Prince Albert
TONIGHT’S GAME: Tonight will be the fourth of eight meetings between the Prince Albert Raiders and the Swift Current Broncos this season.

The Raiders have won the first three meetings, holding to the Broncos to a combined 5 goals…Geordie Wudrick has 1 goal and 2 assists against the Raiders this season,while both Eric Doyle and Dale Weise have recorded 1 goal and 1 assist…Travis Yonkman has a 0.865 SV% against the Raiders allowing 7 goals in 52 shots, while Ian Curtis has a 0.885 SV% allowing 3 goals on 26 shots.

LAST GAME:The Swift Current Broncos are in soul possession of the East Division following a 4-3 shootout loss last night against the Calgary Hitmen at the Credit Union i-plex…It took 9 rounds of shooters to decide the winners…Calgary’s Brendan Rowinski was the lone goal scorer out of the 17 skaters…Levi Nelson, Keegan Dansereau, and Brad Hoban all scored for the Broncos, while Travis Yonkman made 39 saves in regulation and overtime…The Broncos finished 0 for 5 on the man advantage; while the Hitmen went 1 for 4…The Broncos have now lost all five shootouts this season, and are 2 for 27 in those scoring attempts…Next action is Friday night when the Club travels to Brandon to take on the Wheat Kings for the 3rd time this season.

NUMBERS: Capitan Zack Smith recorded a pair of assists last night against the Hitmen and now leads the Broncos with 29 points (8 goals, 21 assists)…Smith is currently rated 17th amongst WHL skaters and has recorded points in 10 of his last 12 games…Erik Felde has recorded 27 points (13 goals, 14 assists) in 25 games…Keegan Dansereau picked up a goal and an assist last night moving his point total to 24 (11 goals, 13 assists)…Michael Wilson is currently in 3rd place for the point lead amongst WHL defensemen with 24 points (2 goals, 22 assists)…Eric Doyle recorded his first WHL hat trick Sunday night – He now has 7 goals and 14 assists good for 21 points and 6th place amongst WHL defensemen…Levi Nelson recorded a goal and an assist against the Hitmen – He now has 21 points (9 goals, 12 assists) on the season…Dale Weise saw his 5 game point streak come to an end last night, while Brad Hoban scored his first goal of the season…Wilson leads the Broncos and sits 1st amongst WHL skaters for +/-, currently rated +21…The Broncos have 13 skater with a positive +/- rating…Netminder Travis Yonkman has a 2.23 GAA and a 0.916 SV% after 21 games played…He is currently rated 6th among WHL goaltenders…The Broncos are averaging 30 shots for per game…The team is scoring 3.6 goals per game while they are allowing 2.8…The Broncos are an impressive 11-0-0-2 when leading after 40 minutes of play and 9-1-0-3 when they score first.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power play ranked 9th in the WHL and is currently operating at 19.5% …The team has scored 29 power play goals on 149 attempts… Keegan Dansereau has 5 power play goals to lead the Broncos, while Erik Felde has9 power play assists…On the penalty kill, the Broncos are currently ranked 17th in the WHL with an 81.1% efficiency rating.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 22 players (2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, 13 forwards)…The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 7 – 19 year old players, 4 – 18 year old players, 5 – 17 year old players, and 3 – 16 year old players…By location, the Broncos have 4 Saskatchewan born players, 8 Alberta born players, 5 British Columbia born players, 2 Manitoba born players, 2 players from the Czech Republic, and 1 American player…The Broncos average age is 18 while their average height is 6’0.5” and weight 186.9 lbs.

Big Ern
11-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I really don't know what to start with tonight.

The fact that the Broncos played ummmmm...not very good, the fact that Prince Albert is a huge nemesis for us this year, or that surprising fourth goal scored by the Raiders.

The Broncos did not play well tonight AT ALL. Just a gong show. Is this the worst game played all season by Swifty? Sometimes, I thought it was a clone image of the first game in Prince Albert this year...game number two of the season. That one was a nightmare too. Was it fatigue from last night? Was it the long bus ride to P.A? Is our team nervous on National TV? haha I dunno. The boys have to regroup in a big way after that one, that's for sure.

On the other side, Prince Albert played their game to a tee. They did a great job of not giving our guys ANY space, and finishing their checks. As a result, they won their fourth game against us this season. Unbelievable. Credit the Raiders though. They seem to own us, and stick to a game plan that has beat Swift every time.

How about the fourth goal by Prince Albert? That's something you rarely see, and a story in it's own. That one had to be a big deflater for the guys. Anyway, it's a first ever for me to see that one, and yes...it CAN happen.

Kinda' disappointing....

But just the same, the guys gotta regroup and go at it again. Anything can happen on any given night, and it's just a game. But the Broncos have to improve hugely from tonight's game in order to get back to their winning ways.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

eye4aneye
11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
thanks Big Ern for your honesty.

I really think the Raiders have talent and are starting to work hard and work within the systems and rules the new coaching team is trying to instill. Plus our goaltending is very successful.

Speedy has a good team, just seems like the Raiders have your number thus far this season. Every team has that for us it always seems to be the Pats. This weekend home and home vs the blades should be interesting. I hope Hobster doesn't cry if we happen to win.. ;)

hobster
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Cry i don't think so. Being a Blade fan for the past 13 years kind of makes you tough.

eye4aneye
11-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I can understand why you would be all toughen up. I am sure it is going to be an interesting weekend! clrkthj

hobster
11-21-2007, 11:03 PM
The battlle of 2 mediocore teams for the past 10 years or so ya should be interesting

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-21-2007, 11:19 PM
why is it everytime I pick the broncos to win a game....YOU GUYS LOSE TO GAWD DAMN TEAMS LIKE THIS? and then when I pick you to lose, you ALWAYS WIN. I bet if you guys played the 1997 detroit redwings, and i picked the redwings, you guys would still probably win. I bet if you played a team of 90 year old seniors, and I picked the broncos, you guys would lose!

ASS! As if I disliked the broncos enough... Im getting killed in predictions! Hope your happy...

ointhecreek
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM
why is it everytime I pick the broncos to win a game....YOU GUYS LOSE TO GAWD DAMN TEAMS LIKE THIS? and then when I pick you to lose, you ALWAYS WIN. I bet if you guys played the 1997 detroit redwings, and i picked the redwings, you guys would still probably win. I bet if you played a team of 90 year old seniors, and I picked the broncos, you guys would lose!

ASS! As if I disliked the broncos enough... Im getting killed in predictions! Hope your happy...
We are! LOL!! :laugh:

Triton
11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Please explain the 4th goal?

Dwight Schrute
11-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Voracek was battling for a puck in the Raiders zone and poked it away from Toulmen..sp? then tripped him and received a penalty call then toulmen went to pass it back to the defencemen and it was to hot to handle and went down the ice into there own net
if anyone can youtube it that would rock

penman
11-22-2007, 07:53 AM
First of all Toulmin hasnt played for the Broncos all year basically but your order of events are true,except the part about to hot to handle no it was miss handled as was most every thing last night hair on the Raiders the ability to take advantage of bad passing,lazy back and forechecking and bad luck,not every team will do that when the opportunity arises.congrats Raiders

ointhecreek
11-22-2007, 10:38 AM
First of all Toulmin hasnt played for the Broncos all year basically but your order of events are true,except the part about to hot to handle no it was miss handled as was most every thing last night hair on the Raiders the ability to take advantage of bad passing,lazy back and forechecking and bad luck,not every team will do that when the opportunity arises.congrats Raiders
Broncos seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Hope they break their bad habits soon.

eye4aneye
11-22-2007, 05:17 PM
The battlle of 2 mediocore teams for the past 10 years or so ya should be interesting

Hobster are you are is a sack of negativity. I see very little positive reinforcement of anything that you say about "your" team that you apparently support.

I think this weekends home and home is going to be very interesting as it is the first meeting of the season and there is real no "luff" lost between these 2 teams. PA needs those points, and toon needs to prove they can win with injuries and their depth. I think IT IS going to be interesting. I guess if you think it is mediocrity then why say anything at all or bother going to watch? And why are you whining on another teams board?

Positivity is a great power. ummmmmmmmm tries to do yoga pose falls over...crap another injury :spineyes:

Scout
11-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Broncos suffer fourth loss to Raiders
SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
The Southwest Booster

After defeating the Prince Albert Raiders in all eight meetings last season the Swift Current Broncos lost their fourth game in as many tries against the host Raiders on Wednesday 4-1.

Fresh off the heels of their fifth shootout loss to the Calgary Hitmen the previous night, the Broncos came out with an uninspired effort and were outshot 35-28 and dominated in most aspects of the game by the Raiders.

Ryan Depape, Matt Robertson, Jordan Trach, and Tomas Voracek each scored for the Raiders in the win.

Voracek was credited for the fourth goal after he was about to be whistled for a holding penalty in the Raiders zone, meanwhile with Travis Yonkman vacating the net in favour of the extra attacker the Broncos attempted a pass to the point which ended up travelling three-quarters the length of the ice and into the open net.

Broncos rookie forward Justin Dowling scored his third Western Hockey League goal midway through the third period when he collected an Eric Doyle rebound in the slot, moved to open space, and fired it into the open net.

Travis Yonkman was spectacular in the Broncos net stopping 31 of 35 shots to suffer the loss and drop his record to 11-6-0-5.

Dustin Butler stopped 27 of 28 shots and improved his record to 8-9-2-0.

The Broncos powerplay failed to score for the second consecutive game, failing to connect on six opportunities. Over the past two and a half games the Broncos have failed to score on 13 consecutive powerplay opportunities.

The loss dropped the Broncos from top spot in the East Division and into third, one point behind the Regina Pats for first place.

The Raiders remain in fifth spot with a 10-13-3-1 record.

Friday night the Broncos will visit the Brandon Wheat Kings before heading to Moose Jaw Saturday to meet the Warriors.