PDA

View Full Version : Willie Coetzee

Rebels30
11-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Just heard on the Red Deer news that Willie Coetzee has been sent down to the BCHL :(

i actually thought he was pretty good whenever he got the chance to go out there. . .

JustMe
11-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Just heard on the Red Deer news that Willie Coetzee has been sent down to the BCHL :(

i actually thought he was pretty good whenever he got the chance to go out there. . .

Losing a little spark plug there....their loss....as I said before dunno what's happening at RD? Guess we will wait and see what happens next? Wishing him the best, know he is going to be an addition to the BCHL. Sure will miss his energy on the team :confused:

SectionNDeserter
11-22-2007, 08:41 PM
He will get some good ice time down there, and come back next season a better player for it. He is too hard of a worker to not get another shot here.

Tinner
11-23-2007, 07:56 AM
I thought he was one of the guys who went out there and did a good job, added some spark and played with some "nuts". Only thing against him was his size.

hockey4
11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Losing a little spark plug there....their loss....as I said before dunno what's happening at RD? Guess we will wait and see what happens next? Wishing him the best, know he is going to be an addition to the BCHL. Sure will miss his energy on the team :confused:

if he was effective he would have played the last 5 games. he is not a very big guy and it all comes down to who do you take out to put him in. you COULD keep rotating the kids but i think of all of them, Coetzee has struggled to put up points and like i said above is not a very big guy, so in the grand scheme of things brings the least to the table at this point.

not sure whats happening at red deer? reassigning a young kid to a place where he can play, in my opinion, does not constitute a downward spiral in red deer. other then the fact were losing a bunch of one goal, close games, i havent questioned one move by the organization. we've gained something in every move.

JustMe
11-27-2007, 06:59 PM
if he was effective he would have played the last 5 games. he is not a very big guy and it all comes down to who do you take out to put him in. you COULD keep rotating the kids but i think of all of them, Coetzee has struggled to put up points and like i said above is not a very big guy, so in the grand scheme of things brings the least to the table at this point.

not sure whats happening at red deer? reassigning a young kid to a place where he can play, in my opinion, does not constitute a downward spiral in red deer. other then the fact were losing a bunch of one goal, close games, i havent questioned one move by the organization. we've gained something in every move.

The results of the team is the same it was when they just started!!!! So they could've kept the team as it originally was as I said before and the results may have been better, because by now, the kids would have gelled. No point in changing it up and it is NOT FOR THE BETTER!!!! This kid played on the 1st and 2nd line most of the time, yes maybe not putting up points but giving every effort possible all the shifts!!! I agree reassigning to play more often is the right thing to do, but he could be there, and let's hope he gets another chance next year because he is a very hard worker like SND says. You notice the effort. One of the players that really WANT to play hockey. He did not play the last few games neither did he get the chance to even play with the NEW guys, so there was never the opportunity in the end to see if it could work out better either. SHOULD'VE WOULD'VE COULD'VE no point. I wish RD all the best, just seem like they are going nowhere because whoever they bring in has not shown or proven any different either. Sorry just my opinion. Just shoot me now!!

SectionNDeserter
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
The Rebels aren't making trades for players that are going to make some sort of an immediate impact this season--that would take away from the development of some of their dozen or so rookies. The last few additions to the team address some of their penalty killing problems, at the expense of some offense, and gives the rookies some more leeway when it comes to making rookie mistakes that lead to penalties. The team is better overall on paper, but these few minor moves aren't going work some sort of miracle. If you think that picking up a couple of checkers is going to make a team with a dozen or so rookies into a competitive team that will compete for a playoff berth, you should prepare yourself to be very disappointed at the end of the season.

I like Coetzee, he reminds me of Poulter the way he dangles the puck, and he is a pretty good skater, but without the periods of time spent floating--the kid's feet are literally going full tilt from the beginning of his shift to the end.

jennajenna
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
He will be back.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Yay! Wait.... How do you know this?!?!

jennajenna
01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't know this, I'm just sure it will happen.
He is still young, and he's been playing pretty well in Cowichan with a goal and six assists in twelve games. I'm sure that next year he will be back out there.

JustMe
01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
SND "Yay! Wait.... How do you know this?!?!"

Yay yay yah.......if dreams can come true....here is to all hopes that he will be back next season....working hard it seams....getting lots of PK and PP time and ice time in Cow....maybe just what he needed. Still the same ol' workhorse that we are used to in RD. Keep it up bud :thumb: