PDA

View Full Version : Swifty 2 @ M.j. 1 So

Big Ern
11-24-2007, 09:31 PM
HOLY SH@T!!!!!!! A WIN IN THE S.O!!!!! Let me celebrate, before posting game thoughts! LOL

Big Ern
11-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, I think the guys earned a good report tonight.

It was a fun game to watch. I could not follow very well later in the game due to the sh*tty webcast from M.J.

You can't really knock against either team tonight, can you? I thought both teams played very well throughout.

The Broncos did the best they could in their fourth game in five nights. They could not turn it up that one notch the Warriors don't have, because of a little fatigue. I thought for sure, our guys slowed down just a bit through the second period, and into the third. But that is to be expected. As a result, they weren't as tight defensively as they maybe should have been. Travis Yonkman came up great in goal though. He had the Warrior forwards looking skyward a few times, including Riley Holzapfel on his break-away chance. Kudos to Yonks, once again. He put up a great effort, and is truly the face of consistency. I would have hoped that at least one shot would have gone the right way for Matt Tassone tonight, who seemed to have chance after glorious chance to score in this contest. If I counted right, he hit two or more posts. Unbelievable. He never stopped though, and kept on chipping away. Jan Dalecky has had two great games in a row...he was exceptional tonight, and really good last night in Brandon. Also, great performances from most of our veterans tonight, including Keegan Dansereau, Levi Nelson, Dale Weise, Mike Wilson, and of course Smitty led the team like he always does. He is the true captain. Overall, I thought the guys really worked for the "W."

I wished throughout the game that I was there to watch. Unfortunately, my car had other ideas. If I can help it, I NEVER miss a game in Moose Jaw. Just too bad tonight...I could have seen the shootout win.

Good effort guys!

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

NOTES:

-none of the shootout was visible on the webcast, and the parts that were visible, were choppy. That problem is obviously from the web feed from Moose Jaw. But speaking of that, SASKTEL is really pi**ing me off lately. My internet seems to flicker on and off sometimes, and a freeze or two a day on the television is not uncommon either...lately. That all on top of their mobility service going down for a while one day this last week. Maybe after a terrible month like this, they should consider deducting 50% from next month's bill for their customers. Just my thoughts.

-it seemed like Graham Skillitier and Sheldon Dean, the referees tonight, took a bit of a break. Almost nothing was called throughout the first two periods on either team, except that one call on Riley Grantham. Do they decide to go easy in the dressing room before the game? It wouldn't surprise me. To say officiating is unbalanced in this league would be an understatement.

-kudos to Levi for scoring in the shootout. After having an exceptional game....including physicality, he ended the jinx for our team...or whatever it was that stopped Bronco shooters in that dreaded shootout over and over again. He hit the post in the shootout versus Calgary, and my hopes were high that he would score tonight. I really went nuts when it happened...any Bronco fan would. Good job Strouse!

-how big a day is tomorrow for Saskatchewan football fans? And also, for fans across our great country for that matter, as there is a TONNE of green Roughrider pride out there no matter where you go. GO RIDERS GO!!!!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-25-2007, 02:01 AM
god damnit. you jerks only won because i didnt pick you.

I hope you know that Im picking you guys to win from now on.

eye4aneye
11-25-2007, 09:45 AM
god damnit. you jerks only won because i didnt pick you.

I hope you know that Im picking you guys to win from now on.

Oh Arro i like for your replies just to have a good laugh! yeehoo

Scout
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Last updated at 11:45 AM on 25/11/07

Broncos win first shootout of season over Warriors
SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
The Southwest Booster

With one shot and one save the Broncos lifted the proverbial monkey off their back when Levi Nelson beat Joey Perricone and Travis Yonkman stopped Joel Broda to give the Broncos their first shootout win in six attempts this season in a 2-1 win over the host Moose Jaw Warriors.

Yonkman stopped all four Warriors shooters he faced as well as 33 of 34 shots in regulation and overtime to improve his record to 12-7-0-5.

Broncos captain Zack Smith scored the lone regulation goal for the Broncos with his 11th of the season midway through the first period. Smith now has scored three goals in two games after tallying twice in Brandon on Friday night.

Martin Filo replied midway through the middle frame with his fourth of the season to even the score 1-1.

Neither team scored with the man-advantage as the Broncos failed to connect on three opportunities and the Warriors on two.

Perricone stopped 32 shots during regulation and overtime as well as Smith, David Stieler, and Dale Weise in the shootout before being beaten by Nelson.

Yonkman closed the door on Riley Holzapfel, Jason Bast, Jordan Knackstedt, and Broda for his first shootout win of the season.

The win improves the Broncos record to 15-8-0-5, one point behind Regina for top spot in the East Division.

The shootout loss leaves the Warriors record at 11-9-5-1, fourth place in the East.

Next action for the Broncos will be Friday when they host Kootenay at the Credit Union iplex.